PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of Life Pavilion

imaprincess!
04-29-2007, 02:33 AM
I haven't been to WDW since 2005. I was sooooo disappointed :crying: that the Wonders of Life Pavilion was closed.

Has this re-opened or has any progress been made replacing it? :confused:

TinyTink
04-29-2007, 04:12 AM
It opens seasonally. Basically, during peak attendance periods.

joeyGibson
04-29-2007, 08:13 AM
It opens seasonally. Basically, during peak attendance periods.

Yeah, but "open" needs to be qualified. We were there in December, and while Cranium Command, Body Wars and The Making of Me were open, nothing else was. The food and shopping were closed, and most of the fun stuff out in the big open area was covered up and closed, or was broken. For example, the hot and cold bars that you are supposed to grip to test how your brain reacts... were both the same temperature: room temperature.

It was very disappointing. It was nice to get to do Cranium Command one last time, but Disney needs to either shut the thing down completely and put something else there, or show a commitment to something that (most) people seem to want to keep, and truly open it back up.

LudwigVonDrake
04-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Cranium Command is one of the favorite things in WDW :smickey:

imaprincess!
04-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Do you know if this is still about sponsorship? That's what a CM told us back in '05, but I can't believe Disney would have trouble finding sponsors.

Crow
04-29-2007, 11:10 AM
hasnt been open in years during my trips, most likely because i go during off peak, May, Sept etc.
actually never rode Body Wars..afraid id get:ack: mayb even though i do Star Tours and the others.
would b nice to see it open one last time when im there but..

dixielandings
04-29-2007, 11:43 AM
We got to visit it in December. It was so nice to be in there again, even though much of it was not operating. It reminded of the mall near our house that's barely breathing - the children's playground and the Chick-fil-a keep it running. But I realized that some of my most favorite Park music plays in WoL. I would hate to see them let this one go by the wayside. The future of FutureWorld makes me nervous!

Epcotfan21
04-29-2007, 12:23 PM
We spoke to a CM about this during our last trip in Feburary. He said by contract, Wonders of Life has to be open for 5 weeks out of the year, sponsor or not. He also said it will remain closed until Disney finds a sponsor for WoL. Now I don't know how hard Disney is looking to find a sponsor, but it would surprise me to see WoL shut down for a long time.

WEDTOPIA
04-29-2007, 12:35 PM
We spoke to a CM about this during our last trip in Feburary. He said by contract, Wonders of Life has to be open for 5 weeks out of the year, sponsor or not.

:confused: Seems weird that Disney can't break a contract .....with itself ? If they aren't beholdin' to anyone , what's to keep them from shutting it down permanently ?

Something is rotten in Denmark.....

:mickey:

CraniumCommando
04-29-2007, 01:13 PM
I wish they would re-open it full time. As you can guess, Cranium Command is one of my all time favorites. It seems to me that CC and Body Wars are "E ticket" type attractions, so finding a sponser shouldn't be that hard. It would also be nice to take some of the traffic away from Mission: Space and Test Track.

dumbo ears
04-29-2007, 01:18 PM
its open seasonally.

mudpuppysmom
04-29-2007, 01:59 PM
DS and I were there in December and a member of the Dream Squad told us that "this will be the last season" it would be open, and also we should go and check it out.......well, we did and I was pretty disappointed......we rode Body Wars and that was it for DS -- it terrified him on the rest that was there to do.....other than the walk up stuff which were mainly not open or broken. I think it would be a great place for kids of all ages if they updated it! I know my DS is all about how your body works, how things grow, and how other items work.....he loves Robot Race!

I think Disney needs to update the WOL or do something with that real estate, and NOT put in another ride either!

Vanlandingham
04-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Wonders of Life hasn't been open my last 4 or 5 trips down to WDW. It was never my favorite pavilion, not even in my top 5, but Cranium Command was always a fun (if slightly dated) attraction and Body Wars was worthwhile as well.

DisneyDudet
04-29-2007, 05:39 PM
I think it would be great for it to be sponsored by a hospital chain (HCA) or even a medical technology/research company. The Tech company can have displays about their new technology and/or breakthroughs in medicine.

That would keep it alive, as well as a big commercial.

I also think they should re-do Body Wars to show about a heart attack or stroke.. maybe people would learn to take better care of themselves :cloud9:

Anywho, if anyone is close to the up and ups at a health related business (even insurance, as met life was the last sponsor), talk them into it sponsoring it, and having their name all over it!

MinnieMommie
04-29-2007, 06:09 PM
We visited in January and the pavilion was empty. Back in the day CC was mobbed. It was so strange watching it in a nearly empty auditorium. Body Wars was empty too. Went on without a wait several times. Do you think people are unsure that it is open and that is why it is not utilized when it is open? :mickey:

Rockstar Boyfriends
04-29-2007, 06:15 PM
:confused: Seems weird that Disney can't break a contract .....with itself ? If they aren't beholdin' to anyone , what's to keep them from shutting it down permanently ?

Something is rotten in Denmark.....

:mickey:

I'm thinking the contract might be with the performers in the movies and the Body Wars ride.