PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's magical merry christmas event

iwantajellydonut
04-28-2007, 10:43 PM
We're goin' in Nov. and noticed the event will be there on three days that we will be there. Has anyone ever attended?? Will my family and I be able to go the park while this event is on or will we be kicked out of the park?? I would hate to have to leave the park early because this is going on.

Goofeygal
04-28-2007, 10:52 PM
The park does close to anyone without a ticket to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I believe they close the park an hour before the party starts so they can set up things for the party and make sure everyone is out of the park that does not have a wrist band for the party. The party is a seperate ticket from a regular park ticket.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-29-2007, 12:05 AM
We went in 2005 and it was a ball. The crowds weren't very big and we saw the Christmas Parade. While you won't exactly get kicked out if you don't have a ticket/wristband, you won't be allowed to ride any of the rides. This is a "hard ticket" event so technically the park is closed to anyone who hasn't bought a ticket to the party. It was well worth the extra money to go to this event.

DisneyDudet
04-29-2007, 02:38 AM
As others have said, if you have a ticket for the party, you will not be "kicked" out of the park.

We have gone twice, and its great. I highly recommend you attending one while you're there. They do special fireworks and a parade that you only get to see a few days before and on Christmas, which is the basic Christmas Day parade (minus stars.. and Regis and Kelly). There is also snow on main street and complimentary hot chocolate and cookies.

Its a very special time where they do special things, things not always happening around the holidays, plus only a limited number of tickets to the event are sold, so smaller crowds are a result.

Harriet
04-29-2007, 06:53 AM
This is a Hard Ticket event. You need to have a Wrist Band to enjoy any of the shows and including the Parade. CM's check for wrist bands starting at 6PM and along the parade route so if you don't have one they will ask you to leave. If you have never been to a party it is worth it at least once. Why not make a ADR at Liberty Tree Inn and join the party. Those with Party tickets are allowed to enter around 4PM and the party starts at 7PM.

mttafire
04-29-2007, 10:26 AM
The park does close to anyone without a ticket to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I believe they close the park an hour before the party starts so they can set up things for the party and make sure everyone is out of the park that does not have a wrist band for the party. The party is a seperate ticket from a regular park ticket.
Yep, If you want to be there for the event you MUST have a separate ticket.:mickey: We have done this event once before and LOVED it.:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
04-29-2007, 04:49 PM
They do close MK early on these nights.:( But, I highly recommend buying tickets and attending this wonderful event!:mickey: It's a lot of fun!!

magicman
04-30-2007, 11:24 AM
The bad part of being at WDW when they're having the MVMCPs is that the park closes early on those specific days. However, we had a blast on the day that we attended the event.

If I remember correctly, the park closed at 6pm the day we attended the event. From 6pm - midnight the rides were open, there were special shows, & there was a special parade (with bubble snow). It was very crowded until after the parade, then it thinned out quickly. By 11pm, there were few visitors left, and the night ended with us in Fantasyland dancing to Christmas tunes under the cabana with various characters. It was a terrific experience for me & my family.