PDA

View Full Version : October Crowds??

Disneyfirsttimer
04-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Almost every other time period has been covered and I am sure this one as well. We are visiting Saturday to Saturday (October 13-20). I specifically booked after Columbus Day Weekend to hopefully avoid some crowds.

Our first trip we arrived day after Easter (Easter Monday) and left on Sunday. It was very crowded. Please tell me we will notice a difference in the crowd levels for our upcoming trip. :D

Karyn

SBETigg
04-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Crowds should be moderate, nowhere near the levels you would have seen at an Easter week time. I never count on really low crowds at WDW any more, but I think you'll probably find the parks very manageable. Have fun!

AMYP55
04-28-2007, 04:47 PM
i was wonder about crowds in sept,,, i have a vacation booked for sept hope the crowds are light:mickey:

GreenBeetle
04-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Last October I was very surprised at the crowds. Much more crowded than previous visits in October. I was disappointed in the long lines/wait time for rides. MNSSHP was so crowded it was difficult to move through the Magic Kingdom - and that was on a Tuesday night!! I hear the weekend parties are much worse.

We have enjoyed October in the past. It's still warm, but not unbearable like during summer months.

pook@wdw
04-28-2007, 05:42 PM
We always go in Oct. Usually the 1st or 2nd week as that is when our DD has her fall break from school. Crowds are usually moderate around then, except in 'o5 when the Beach Boys played @ Epcot. WOW!!...what a crowd! :whew: As Disney "veterans" we utilize so many opportunities to avoid long waits (early to the parks, Fastpasses, single rider lines, and FOD) we're able to do everything we want w/relative ease, and still have down time @ our resort! We didn't fine the MNNSHP too crowded. We did all the major attractions, got loads of candy, saw the parade (do not miss it) and the fireworks, and still got to ride POC w/ Cap'n Hook @ midnight !!:D Just remember, Disney is not a "wing-it" kind of place. With proper planning and a little "pixie dust", you too can have a "Magical Journey"! I hope you come to love it there as much as we do!!!:cloud9:

chrisandmattsmom
04-28-2007, 09:03 PM
We were in WDW from October 21-28, 2006 and we didn't think the crowds were bad at all. This was the first time we have been at Disney in many many years and the most we waited in line was maybe 20 minutes. My husband absolutely HATES crowds and he didn't complain at all! We attended MNSSHP on a Tuesday night and we got on a LOT of rides. In fact, we stayed on Barnstormer a few times in a row because no one else was waiting in line! The weather was 90 degrees the first two days we were there and then it dropped down to the 70's the rest of the week. We thought that was great considering it was 40 degrees when we left Philadelphia!! I think you will have a GREAT time!

Ms.Disney
04-28-2007, 09:29 PM
As pass holders we go all year round and Oct. is a nice time to make a trip because the weather is great! I have noticed that last Oct. it was a little crowded then what it was in past years but nothing like during the summer or anything crazy like that. I am sure it will be less crowded in Oct. then what it would be after Easter. Have a great trip!

Scotty Bear
04-29-2007, 04:50 AM
I have plans to go in late October, 22-Nov 1 which will be our Honeymoon. I'm sure it will be fine compared to the time of year I'm used to going to....

droopy d.
04-29-2007, 05:25 PM
We love going in Oct. the crowds are fine even if it is fall break. I've noticed them getting heavier but if you use FP and EMH its great.

MinnieMommie
04-29-2007, 06:15 PM
October is my favorite time at Disney. Very manageable crowds, great weather, F&W festival and Mickey's Halloween Party. October's got it all! :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
04-29-2007, 08:50 PM
We used to go in October all the time, but 2005 was the last time (at least for a while). We were so disappointed in the crowds (9/30 - 10/7). Lines for popular rides (even Peter Pan, and other older rides) were an hour to 2 hours long. We FP'd everything.

There were no last minute dinner ADR's to be had. We tried to switch a couple around several days in advance, but that just was not happening.

We went to a Tuesday night MNSSHP, and it seemed much more crowded than it did on Halloween night in 2004. It thinned out after the fireworks, but before then it was really crowded.

It's not mid summer crowds, but they were much bigger than in years past. October is getting VERY popular.

We've moved to early December, and the crowds have been great.