PDA

View Full Version : Disney making new hotels in other cities?

dudeman1975
04-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Here is a survey I took today and it shows Disney may consider building in some other cities.

Overview of Disney Hotel in a large/mid-sized U.S. or Canadian city

The hotel is subtly themed to key historical city elements suitable for both families and adult-only travelers.
The hotel is located in the downtown area of a large/mid-sized city, close to major transportation systems, nearby attractions, restaurants, and other points of interest.
In-Room Amenities
Rooms are medium-sized 1-2 bedroom suites, able to sleep 4-8 persons.
Amenities include childproof furniture, microwave, mini fridge, and soundproof windows.
Children’s cable channel and a video/game console are available for a fee.
Dining
Dining options will include a casual family-style restaurant, a themed buffet breakfast experience with characters, a quick-service food kiosk, and one fine dining restaurant and bar that offers regional and continental cuisine.
24-hour room service.
Services/Amenities

A complimentary concierge available to assist with planning daily trips or the overall vacation itinerary.
Interactive guided tours of the city, baby-sitting, and scheduled afternoon and evening activities for kids (e.g., poolside bingo, arts and crafts, etc. ) are available for a fee.
Fitness and spa facilities, plus a family-friendly indoor themed pool along with a quiet pool for adults.
State-of-the-art key card systems for the lobby, elevator, rooms, and fitness center access, as well as professionally attired hotel security staff 24 hours a day.
Pricing
Per night room rates will vary across markets:
Tier 1 (e.g., New York, Chicago) $230-$330 for 1-bedroom suite
$300-$400 for 2-bedroom suite
Tier 2 (e.g., Dallas, Houston) $175-$275 for 1-bedroom suite
$250-$350 for 2-bedroom suite
Tier 3 (e.g., Atlanta, St Louis) $140-$240 for 1-bedroom suite
$250-$350 for 2-bedroom suite

Eating with charaters in New York? I would go to Disneyworld instead it would not be the same.

MinnieMommie
04-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Where did you access the survey? :mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
04-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Frankly, I hope Disney does not even consider the idea! I cannot imagine anyone wanting to do just a character meal? Plus I think it would be watered down and quite cheesey! What's the point if you cannot enjoy the parks?

disneygeek18
04-30-2007, 04:33 AM
personally I love the idea, I would go to a character meal in Kansas City or St. Louis. However I dont think they should do more than 5. One in New York, One in KC/or St louis, Chicago, Vegas? (they're trying to bump their family appeal), and one other. Not in Cali or Florida tho.

dudeman1975
04-30-2007, 08:02 AM
The Survey was from Your2Cents.com.

They also wanted to know alot about Detroit, including why or why not you would like to visit there.

I was hoping Philly!:mickey: Imagine a Dsiney tour themed around the liberty bell and independence hall.

SurferStitch
04-30-2007, 12:50 PM
If they do put one in NYC, I'll be there. DH and I love to go to NYC, and I couldn't think of anything better than to dine with Disney characters after exploring the World of Disney! :mickey: :stitch2:

Belle619
05-03-2007, 04:25 PM
I think it would be a nice idea. A lot of families cannot afford to take their children all the way to WDW or DLR, so it would be great if there were restaurants where they could still meet and greet the characters without all of the expense of an elaborate vacation. How great would it be to take a drive or day trip to one of these restaurants on your child's birthday - I would have loved it as a child!!!