PDA

View Full Version : sell me on Ohana's

septembergirl
04-28-2007, 01:41 AM
Hello:
I recently heard a podcast with a very bad review of Ohana's but I have already made my ADRs for our Sept. trip. I have 4 children (3 to 13) and our ressie is for 8pm.
Why shouldn't I cancel it? :mickey:
Thanks.

Mikey Piano 23
04-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Hello! Ohana is the one restaurant my girlfriend and I must go every trip to the World. Not only is it a laid back atmosphere, the food is wonderful. Shrimp, various grilled meats, veggies, etc. They also serve some of the best tropical drinks ever! Although pricey (some topping out over $10) they are awesome! Also the food is served family style so everyone gets what they like. Say Junior dosent like sausage...no problem he can eat the turkey. Personally I think all the food is awesome there! My girlfriend is a vegetarian and there a quite a bit of options that she can eat as well.

You say you have kids? Ohana is a great place for them to kinda be themselves. The restaurant is not fancy or snoody like some of the other ones.

The last time we were there they had an Hawaiian singer there and the kids got to line up and play with various percussion instruments while the parents were sitting and enjoying their meal.

Enjoy! I hope I sold ya...one of my favorite places to eat in The World. :mickey:

readytogo2
04-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Ohanas has become our must go to. weve always had gteat foog ans service plus very laid back atmosphere. try it.

MouseManiac
04-28-2007, 09:11 AM
The kids will love it! DH, myself, and our three children (5,5,3) all went last September. :lei:

The food was very good, served family style. Don't be fooled by the exotic descriptions of the sauces, DH is a picky eater and devoured everything... The children alone went through two servings of shrimp!

The best part is the way they keep the children (and therefore the parents)amused... They hula, have coconut races, do a conga line around the restaurant with maracas... I went through a whole roll of film... (Think Hawaiian shirts for the photo-op!) Might be a tad silly for the 13 year old to participate, but you could put them in charge of the camera!

O'Hana set the bar for our upcoming vacation this fall. Why, oh why, would we ever choose a restaurant where we spend the entire meal trying to amuse the children ourselves, when it's what Disney does best! We booked HoopDeDoo...O'Hana... The teppanyaki place in Japan... Well, you get the point! Happy kids = Happy parents. Sit back, have a cocktail, enjoy!:marg:

DVC2004
04-28-2007, 09:57 AM
We've never had a bad time there. We've probably dined there 10 times in the last 5 years. Food is excellent, service has always been great, you get a ton of food for your money, and my kids love all the entertainment. You'd be doing yourself a great disservice to cancel these ressies. Keep in mind, even at the best place there can be an "off" night (food, server, etc). Maybe this person who made that review experienced this.

Bruegge
04-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Since the advent of the DDP some food changes have occured. Most was the change from grilled Tiger shrimp to the peel and eat sweet and sour. The sausage replaced the Grilled shrimp.

As far as I'm concerned it's still a must do for us... End of may I'll let you know how it was

Scott

johnO
04-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Hello:
I recently heard a podcast with a very bad review of Ohana's but I have already made my ADRs for our Sept. trip. I have 4 children (3 to 13) and our ressie is for 8pm.
Why shouldn't I cancel it? :mickey:
Thanks.

You Shouldn't cancel!
It is a must for our family. It's my favorite restaurant. The food, atmosphere and service are great. Very amusing entertainment. The view of the lagoon is fantanstic. Imagin this:
As you sit at the table eating wonderful food, and lots of it, the electric water pageant begins to pass by on the lagoon. Shortly after, the Wishes fireworks show begins lighting up the sky above the magic kingdom. At that moment you are reminded of the fact that you're far from home with you family experiencing one of those "Magic moments".