PDA

View Full Version : September Crowds

AliceinDisney
04-27-2007, 10:26 PM
What is it like in September really... is it terribly dead, or is it quite busy? What is the weather like in September in Orlando. Anyone have any going to Disney in Sept. tips?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-27-2007, 11:57 PM
We have gone to WDW in September many times. It is our favorite time to go.

Weather..Hot, hot, hot and humid. Chance of showers, usually they are quick and welcome.

As you probably read in other posts, Love bugs are an issue at that time. Last year was the worst we have ever seen. We are really hoping they are no where near as bad this September.

The crowds used to be extremely light. They are still really low but an obvious increase since FD started. The restaurants are usually busier then the parks. 10-20 minute waits at the most. Except for Soarin', etc. We love FP!!

We are going again this September. We arrive on the 14th. We are keeping our fingers crossed the crowds will be as typical as they have been.

HTH

AliceinDisney
04-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Sorry to seem dumb, but what does FD stand for?

Pop Centurion
04-28-2007, 12:11 AM
I've gone the first two weeks of Sept for the past two years. The crowds are mild but by no means "dead". You rarely need a FP except for Soarin', EE, and depending on the day the 3 mountains in MK. Restaurants are busy due to free dining. It did rain a lot also. Not your typical 10-20 min showers that Disney gets during the summer. But that really doesn't matter since the attractions stay open. To me it isn't THAT hot, but everyone is different.

FD is free dining. You don't seem dumb.

AliceinDisney
04-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Free Dining? What's that all about? There has to be a catch, lol

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-28-2007, 01:08 AM
Sorry to seem dumb, but what does FD stand for?

Sorry about that. FD is Free Dining. It is getting late for me.:blush:

Just a tip we use, buy your own poncho's and bring them from home. The ones we get are very durable and in different colors then everyone else has, easier to spot.The kids sizes fit much better then the ones they sell in the parks. It will save you some money and the aggravation of buying them at the parks.

BigRedDad
04-28-2007, 04:54 AM
I have not been to WDW in September since the early 80s. There was a large group of friends that went to Fort Wilderness. They pulled us out of school for a 9 day trip. After Labor Day, it was not crowded at all. However, with FD I expect it to be busier. I don't think it will make too much of a difference though. Lines should not be over 30 minutes with most rides only being a few minutes wait.

Maleficent's Dad
04-28-2007, 07:13 AM
Free Dining? What's that all about? There has to be a catch, lol

Check out this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=101424).
Yes, it is free dining. :mickey:

Nicki'sMom
04-28-2007, 04:24 PM
We went last year Sept 28-Oct 4 and we had Fantasyland to ourselves every morning until noon. We walked onto everything. I didn't even need my touring plans! Loved it but it was hot and the love bugs were out but it didn't bother us in the parks. Just around the hotel room door at POR. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge this time and I think all the doors are interior so that won't be an issue. We are going back Sept 4-11 with 3 year old. Can't wait. Hope it will be as slow. Just make your Advance ressies and you won't have to wory about busy restaurants.