PDA

View Full Version : Brad Rex VP of Epcot Leaving??

JPL
04-27-2007, 10:18 PM
I have heard a rumour that Brad Rex the VP of Epcot is leaving has anyone heard anything to confirm or deny this?

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2007, 10:40 PM
He's a goner... I think LOL... I just read it on another site.... Who knows if this is true or not....

DisneyNut2005
04-28-2007, 12:08 AM
I, for one, am going to dismiss this as just another rumor until someone with REAL inside info (like Figment!) can clear things up.

Figment!
04-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Rumour among Epcot Cast is that Brad Rex is leaving the Walt Disney Company to accept a senior executive position at the Hilton Grand Vacations Company.

No official confirmation yet in the form of a memo, annoncment, or the like.

DizneyRox
04-29-2007, 06:11 AM
I'd like to think he was fired for not doing anything for Epcot's 25th, but that's probably not likely.

JPL
04-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Rumour among Epcot Cast is that Brad Rex is leaving the Walt Disney Company to accept a senior executive position at the Hilton Grand Vacations Company.

No official confirmation yet in the form of a memo, annoncment, or the like.

Actually that was my source a former Epcot CM who still has alot friend around Epcot

TheRustyScupper
04-30-2007, 03:26 PM
1) Good news.
2) Brad Wrecks deserves to go.
3) Epcot certainly has not improved with him. *
4) In many cases, it has gone downhill through him.

* Nemo and Soarin' was not his doing. So other than those, Epcot is suffering under his direction.

M.C. Mouse
05-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey guys just joined to write this, JPL has his facts straight.
I work at Epcot, and a few weeks ago my managers had told me that Brad would be leaving for Hilton on either May 4th or 17th (not too sure which) anyways it isnt a rumor its fact!:mickey: :thumbsup: :mickey:

jefmblrd
05-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Welcome to Intercot! Thanks for the confirmation. I love Epcot, and I hope whoever replaces him does a great job.

DisneyNut2005
05-06-2007, 06:44 PM
I've heard that the guy that's replacing Brad Rex is Disney Company veteran Jim McFee.

And RustyScupper, I hate to say this, but I feel that your post was EXTREMELY mean-spirited. Besides, I got to meet Brad on his last day and he was rather nice and cared very deeply about the park.

d_m_n_n
05-06-2007, 08:27 PM
I'd like to think he was fired for not doing anything for Epcot's 25th, but that's probably not likely.

OK, I admit, I had NO IDEA who Brad Rex was. That being said, if he was responsible for not celebrating the 25th anniversary for EPCOT then I don't like him! :mad: My family visited EPCOT literally right after it opened (gasp...I am O-L-D) and I was hoping to share some of my sentimental excitement with DSs in celebration. I'm not asking for SE to be turned into a pink cake, but at least a little something would have been nice. :mickey:

Well, anyway, Good Luck Mr. Rex on your future endeavors.

BrerSchultzy
05-07-2007, 09:30 AM
I've heard that the guy that's replacing Brad Rex is Disney Company veteran Jim McFee.

And RustyScupper, I hate to say this, but I feel that your post was EXTREMELY mean-spirited. Besides, I got to meet Brad on his last day and he was rather nice and cared very deeply about the park.

Maybe RustyScuppers post was a bit mean-spirited (although it's nothing compared to the worldwide celebration of Eisner's departure), but I share his enthusiasm. Future World is...well....lacking. Epcot is in danger of becoming a half day park (if you can get an FP for Soarin', that is), M:S and Test Track are have been RACKED with technical problems (I didn't get on Test Track until the 9th time I was in Epcot after it opened, b/c it never worked). Wonders of Life and Odyssey still sit idle, there was no acknowledgment of the 25th anniversary, and if it weren't for Soarin' and Turtle Talk, we'd be talking about Future World the way we talk about DMGM.

Figment!
05-08-2007, 09:11 AM
According to the Orlando Sentinel, Walt Disney World spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez has confirmed the following:
Vice President of Epcot Brad Rex has left to take an executive position at a timeshare company, and Walt Disney World veteran Jim MacPhee has been named the new vice president of Epcot.

Rex, who led Epcot since 2001, has been named executive vice president at Hilton Grand Vacations Co. He had been with Disney World for 12 years.

MacPhee was Disney World's vice president of park operations, line of business, which gave him responsible for coordinating components of entertainment, attractions, vacation planning, ticketing and guest communications. He has been with Disney World for 29 years.

TheRustyScupper
05-08-2007, 10:56 AM
. . . And RustyScupper, I hate to say this, but I feel that your post was EXTREMELY mean-spirited. Besides, I got to meet Brad on his last day and he was rather nice and cared very deeply about the park . . .

1) I am sorry you feel like this.
2) I never impugned his character.
3) He is probably a nice guy.
4) But, that does not assure management ability.
5) In almost every measure, Epcot has gone downhill.
6) And, the buck does stop at the top.