PDA

View Full Version : Cast Member Fixtures

Gator
04-27-2007, 08:02 PM
The first 2 times my wife and I went to WDW, we watched (and videotaped) the World Showcase players. Each time, a guy named Micheal was in the act and single-handedly made the show funny. Our last trip, we didn't see him and were kinda disappointed. However, I was look at some photos on someones webpage of their recent trip, and I was so excited to see Micheal. It's great to know that he's making others happy year after year. Has anyone had great castmember experiences with the same person on different trips like us?

CM~Mserrano
04-27-2007, 09:15 PM
I remember when I was a kid, there was a CM at the Tower of Terror named DJ who was just awesome. He knew me by name and always said hi to me whenever me and my friends would come to ride. It even almost got to the point where we knew which days he worked and we would make sure to go there on that day just to say hi. He would always be happy and fun to talk with and he just made my day so much better whenever I went. DJ was awesome!

Mickspal
04-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Art, who greets visitors to the Beach Club Resort, is someone we always enjoy talking with--and we've never even stayed at the Beach Club. He has been working there since the resort opened and has appeared on some of the videos about Disney World resorts.

homeschool mom
04-28-2007, 09:01 AM
In 2002 we bought APs and went to WDW in April and Dec. :thumbsup: On both trips we had breakfast at Donald's Breakfastosaurous. When we went in Dec., we had the same waitress we had on our trip in April - we even sat at the same table! :mickey: I immediately recognized her and mentioned that she had been our waitress in April. After I mentioned that, she said, "You homeschool, right?" She obviosly remembered us too. We were there celebrating my 40th birthday :party: and I mentioned that to her. At one point when she came to our table she had me stand up, got the attention of the entire dining room and had everybody sing happy birthday to me. She also gave me a birthday card signed by the characters there. :cloud9: It was awesome! I'm sorry, I can't remember her name, but I sure would recognize her again if I saw her.

pook@wdw
04-28-2007, 06:17 PM
The last few times we were@ the HDDR, the young lady who played "Dolly" was the same. And she was wonderful. Sat on DH's lap, and really fussed over the kids. We always hope each year, that we'll see her the next time around!!:thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
04-29-2007, 06:59 PM
We had Cousin Dale twice (and have seen him in action another time) at the 50's Prime Time and he is just awesome. His interactions with the guests and his humor is great :mickey:

DizNee143
04-30-2007, 12:36 PM
there is this one lady at OKW..that me and my sister always see...and we always stop and talk...at least we did for a few years in a row...its been awhile since we have seen her..hopefully she will be there in Nov...:mickey:

Vanlandingham
04-30-2007, 01:06 PM
I mostly remember waiters and the like. Some notable ones for me include half of the staff at Trail's End, Chris from the Plaza Restaurant, and Manny at Tony's Townsquare Restaurant to name a few. There used to be this one at 1900 Park Fare named Dennis who we saw for many years, but its been several since we last noticed him.

Some other notables include one particular TT CM whose name escapes me, but put on quite a performance loading the elevators. Also, a bunch of the performers on the Boardwalk as well I recognize from year to year.

TheRustyScupper
04-30-2007, 02:35 PM
1) Don't forget "Ranger Stan" at Wilderness Lodge.
2) Anyone being in TIME magazine deserves mention.

Red Randal
04-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Jim from the Coral Reef, circa 2000, was one of the best waiters I've ever had. I remember him 7 years later if that's any indication of how awesome he was.

I'm looking forward to meeting Art in a few weeks.