PDA

View Full Version : Waiting List for More Than One Resort?

ldn324
04-27-2007, 03:41 PM
We are trying to plan our December trip. We were not able to get our home resort (BWV) at 11 months out, so we are currently trying to get a non-home resort at 7 months out. Right now, we have to do it on a day-to-day basis since our departure date is not yet at the 7 month mark.

We have stayed at OKW in the past and like it - we just miss having a couch or somewhere to sit (we get a studio). We would be open to any other DVC resort, or even still OKW, but it doesn't really matter which one as long as there is availability for the bulk of our trip. As of today, there is no availability for the entire trip even with calling day-to-day.

My question is, can you go on the waiting list for more than one resort? For example, if we go ahead and book at OKW, could we also remain on the BWV wait list and also go on the BCV wait list - then choose whichever one comes up first (if any) that covers the most days? Or are you limited to being on one wait list at a time?

Hope this makes sense! This is the first year we've had so much difficulty getting any availability.

pox24
04-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Here is what I was told. You can if you have enough points. You cannot be wait listed at two places with the points for one. I am very surprised the bookings are this tough, we never have had a problem. I guess the DVC word is definitely out.

Tinkermom
04-27-2007, 04:48 PM
I am very surprised the bookings are this tough, we never have had a problem. I guess the DVC word is definitely out.

DVC is VERY popular in December. It is a low points per night time and the Christmas decorations are up. It is a wonderful time to visit WDW! :santa: The best bet to get in during December is to call EXACTLY 11 months out at your home resort. Sometimes though that may even be tough...

MinnieMommie
04-29-2007, 08:52 AM
If you don't have enough points to be booked at one resort and waitlisted at another you can can use borrowed points to be waitlisted. So far I haven't had trouble finding a place to stay for consecutive nights. I hope this does not become problematic. Yikes!! :mickey: