PDA

View Full Version : April Vacation 13-22 part 3

c&d
04-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Day 5: Wednesday: We be slugs

The plan today was to go to Typhoon Lagoon, but the pool at the hotel was much sooo much closer. So we hung out at the pool for a couple of hours and then grabbed some lunch at the food court. We ate outside and enjoyed the watching the continuing battle over food. Birds searching for the moment of unprotected food and humans trying to protect it. Twice the birds won. After that we rented some bikes and biked over to the campgrounds and explored around there. We had always thought we’d like to try camping there. We had to look really hard to find a place where there was tent camping, we were also disappointed that there was no place to have a campfire at your site. Oh well.

After our bike ride we headed over to the Concourse Steak house for dinner. The reviews I read had been all over the place, good service, horrible service, good food, horrible food. Well we had the great food, worst service I’ve ever seen at Disney. No sooner had we sat down the waitress was asking for our order. We hadn’t even looked at the menu yet, so instead of saying would you like something to drink while you look at the menu, she just kept asking what we wanted. So feeling no pressure at all we ordered and she asked if we would like DS’s food brought out when it was ready. We’ve done it before and it usually comes out with our appetizer, not this time, it came when our drinks arrived. Shortly thereafter our appetizers arrived. Our appetizer consisted of the scallops, 4 to be exact. After our appetizer arrived there was a driveby drop off of our steak knives on the table. Seriously, she never stopped walking as dropped the knives on the table. Now DH and I are eating our appetizer and were halfway thru, yes we had each eaten 2 scallops when our entrée arrived. Knowing that if we sent it back it would probably just sit under the hot lights we kept in our table. DH finished his dinner sooner than me and she picked up his plate at which time he said, I would like to digest a bit before our dessert arrives. She actually waited until we said we would have dessert before bringing it to us. Otherwise I’m sure I would have have all 3 plates in front of me. In all our times eating at Disney we’ve never had this type of service.

After leaving the restaurant and laughing about the service we headed over to MK and another ride on Spash Mtn. And yes once again it broke down, lights on and we had high hopes of getting a walk off but once again no such luck. I have faith one day we’ll get to be walked off a ride. Then another quick ride on Thunder and Pirates and then we headed back to our hotel.

Day 6: Thursday: Glad we’re at the end of the hallway & Epcot

I got before the guys everyday so I could run usually around 9ish. I have a road race in 2 weeks and figured I should at least try to run everyday. Part of the fun of this trip had been watching all the first timers at Disney. This trip there seemed to be so many of them. As most of us have learned over time that when you travel to Disney with children, you really do need that break during the day or later in your trip the exhaustion will set in causes meltdowns. So I leave our room at the end of the hallway and start heading out and there are :sob: :crying: screaming children all over the place. Several in the hallway, not wanting to get into strollers and almost every other room there was the sound of crying children. Having been there on our first trip with DS I had to smile although I did feel their pain.

We headed over to Epcot once I got back. The topiaries were just beautiful. I love the pirates and princess theme they had going on. We headed over to Soarin and got a fast pass. Then took the new clam ride. Cute ride. We then headed to China for lunch. After lunch we looked at the Chinese Zodiac signs and we could only find 11 of the 12. Of course the one we couldn’t find was our sons, the rabbit. Can anyone tell me where it was, we searched all over China for it. After that we strolled around the world ending up in France where DH desperately needed a crème brulee and DS an elephant ear. We continued our walk around the world going to Mexico and riding the new ride. We liked the 3 caballeros theme. We then headed back going thru the butterfly garden and over to test track. The line was too long so we did a little shopping and then over to Soarin’. We’ve always been very lucky to get in the first row, but this time we were in the last row. It’s very different when there are a bunch of dangling feet in front of you. Even with that it’s still a neat ride.

After that we headed back to the hotel to drop off cameras and stuff and head over to the Sci-Fi Diner. It’s now become a must do everytime we go. DS loves watching those old movie clips. The food was once again good and the service was excellent. After dinner MGM was closed so we were the only ones walking thru the park to exit. As we got to the hat we looked up and saw the hat, the waxing moon and Venus. I wish I had my camera, it would have made such a great picture. :bang:

faline
04-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience at the Concourse Steak house. At least you kept your sense of humor about it! I have reservations there for an upcoming trip and will likely keep them just because I want to eat there once more before it goes away!

magicman
04-27-2007, 05:06 PM
That's too bad about the service at the Concourse Steakhouse. Even sadder is that you weren't able to experience the magic of a ride break-down & walk-off. I'm afraid you might have to wait until the local carnival with chain-driven rides comes to town.;)

Your trip sounds like greatness.

pogo
04-27-2007, 08:35 PM
I've never eaten at the Concourse but I know I would not like that kind of service. :noway:

You have to let the server know that the service you are getting from them is not what you expected. :stop: :shake: Be polite, but firm and they should straighten up.

It sounds like you had a couple of nice days. :D

pdrlkr
04-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
04-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks for sharing.

sleepingbooty
04-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Enjoyed reading about your day - thanks for sharing!

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 02:38 PM
I love reading your reports, I really feel like I'm there. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

MissStyles
05-05-2007, 03:17 PM
It sounds like you really got to enjoy your resort! (in your nice quiet room). I commend you for running every morning. I am a runner and I never run when in WDW. So kudos to you! :thumbsup: Thanks again for the detailed reports!!!