PDA

View Full Version : Pick Me A Restaurant....

ravsluvdisney
04-27-2007, 02:37 PM
OK - we are heading down this November with the kiddies and my sis and bro-in-law. The adults will have one night out alone to dine so where would you send us? We're pretty open to cuisine and we're looking at one of the better dining options (food, ambiance, etc.). We have done Cali Grill, Le Cellier, OHana's, Chefs De France and Coral Reef over the past several trips and are looking for a new adventure. So what do you like?!
:beer: :marg: :chef: :wine: :cheers:

SBETigg
04-27-2007, 03:52 PM
So many great places to recommend. How about Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge? Award-winning chef, nice atmosphere, some new-to-you foods, and South African wines. After dinner, you can soak in the AKL ambience or go watch the animals with night-vision goggles. I think it would make for a unique, fun night out without the kids.

TINKERBELL_82
04-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Hmm, if its a really special occasion you could always try Victoria & Alberts...

But if you're not looking to spend the big $$ I personally love Raglan Road in DTD. If you haven't tried it yet, you should. They have great food, a fabulous Irish band and even dancers that dance on platforms throughout the place.

BTW, they also have great :beer: !!

maizey05
04-27-2007, 04:05 PM
We liked Marrakesh at Epcot.

big blue and hairy
04-27-2007, 04:07 PM
I would recommend Raglan Road. DW and I went there for a couple of drinks on our last trip. We already had ADR's somewhere else so we didn't eat there, but I'm looking forward to eating there in July.

:sulley:

pox24
04-27-2007, 04:07 PM
California Grille..... no contest.:thumbsup:

Kate In Wonderland
04-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Do you like seafood? If so, Flying Fish Cafe at the Boardwalk is great. My DH still says that the meal he had there was the best meal he's had ANYWHERE. Fulton's Crab House at Downtown Disney or Narcoosee's at Grand Floridian are amazing too.

Other types of food:
Marrakesh at Morocco in Epcot is great, Alfredo's in Italy is amazing (but I think they are going to be changing soon), Brown Derby at MGM.

I haven't eaten at Jiko at AKL, but I heard it's great too. Same with the Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge.

Whew I'm hungry! :)

murphy1
04-27-2007, 04:59 PM
I must recommend ARTIST POINT!!!!

This is my favorite restaurant and such a great setting for your group. You will love it!!! It is also so different from any other place. Next recommendation would be Jiko.

mdricks
04-27-2007, 05:02 PM
You havent done narcossees yet. Get a window table during wishes. :thumbsup:

DVC2004
04-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Both Jiko at AKl and Artist Point at WL are great for adult's night out. Both have excellent food and atmosphere, and unique wine selections if you like that sort of thing. I'd give the slight edge to Jiko for the subtle exotic spices. Artist Point has some adventurous offerings (Buffalo Sirloin), but some but some tame stuff too. The cedar plank salmon is thier signature dish.

Duchess99
04-27-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm going to have to vote for Jiko or Spoodles.

Bruegge
04-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Way to go guys.....

confuse the new guy.....

Why don't you just make up names of restaurants that don't exist and REALLY confuse him/her... LOL

Just kidding.. so many GREAT choices... so little .....MONEY.. (you thought I was gonna say time..)

I have 2 Sigs picked... Calil Grill and Narcoosee's .. But Artist point and Jiko are really fine choices too. never did Raglan or Flying fish but if mentioned here.... I'd bet they are nice too.

I hate to do the cop out... but check the menus at: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp

Send that link to the involved parties and see what shakes out..

Like I tell the kids "Your gonna have a good time whether you like it or not"

Scott

thejens
04-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Boma or Jiko. But California Grill is wonderful too.

jacknsally02
04-28-2007, 08:44 AM
spoodles and you can mull around the boardwalk after.

Tinkerbellfan
04-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Hi,

We have dined at many of the restaurants mentioned in this post and our favorites are Jikos and Flying Fish Cafe. The food and service are both wonderful. Will you be visiting Animal Kingdom Lodge at any other point in the trip? IF not, go to Jikos. The AKL is an adventure all its own.

FalconeNJ
04-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Artist Pointe (Wilderness Lodge) or Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge) are two really good choices

GrmGrninGost
04-28-2007, 10:08 PM
California Grill all the way!!:mickey:

Crow
04-28-2007, 10:15 PM
I must recommend ARTIST POINT!!!!

This is my favorite restaurant and such a great setting for your group. You will love it!!! It is also so different from any other place..

yep yessss
AP ill b eating there again in Sept

Cathy S
04-28-2007, 10:19 PM
I vote for the Flying Fish, Jiko, and Citricos. I don't see this one on the boards as often as Narcoosee's but we had a superlative meal there during our visit last spring. The best of our trip!

Natazu
04-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Narcoossee's - one of the best things going.

ravsluvdisney
04-30-2007, 11:52 AM
looks like jiko and narcoossee's is a popular one. flying fish a possibility. and raglan road is a surprise. and even though we're trying to avoid prior dinner stops Cali Grill keeps coming up....and for good reason - yumm!!

We have to AR soon so we will take these and any additional posts, put them under our Mickey ears and pick one. Hey, can't go wrong really!

Kairi_7378
05-01-2007, 09:30 AM
If you don't want to repeat the CA Grill (since you said you wanted a new culinary adventure) I'd try Jiko or Artist Point. Both are at the top of the lists of all WDW restaurant reviews. I'd lean a little more towards Jiko because it's not the type of food I could get at home. :cloud9: