PDA

View Full Version : Plan of Attack for Epcot

Clywalk
04-27-2007, 02:07 PM
So I will be in Disney in 10 days and Epcot will be our first park.
I am trying to plan out the day and was wondering what you guys have found is the best plan of attack for seeing Soarin, Mission Space and Test Track?

It looks on the map that mission space and test track are close to each other, would you reccomend getting a fast pass for one and then waiting in line for the other?
I also heard Soarin runs out of Fast Pass quick, should I get that fast pass first?

WDWFRK
04-27-2007, 02:23 PM
You should definitely high-tail it over to Soarin' first thing in the morning and grab FPs. If you get there early enough, you might even have a chance to ride it once with little to no wait and then ride again when your FPs open up.

Then I would head over to Test Track and get FPs; you shouldn't need FPs for Mission Space and should be able to ride that while you're waiting for your TT FPs to open up. Hope that made sense!:mickey:

LouRodriGIS
04-27-2007, 02:39 PM
WDWFRK hit the nail on the head. We were there this time last year and I found that you need to go straight to Soarin when you get in the park. Grab a Fastpass which should let you in in about an hour and head to the standby line because it shouldn't be too bad first thing. It will get insanely long within an hour.

When we were there they were including Mission Space in the Fastpass that you got for TestTrack as a bonus. Go TestTrack will also get crazy for most of the day but you should rarely have to use a FastPass for Mission Space. After the bad press with people dying on this ride I have not found the lines to be very long.

disneymom15
04-27-2007, 03:34 PM
I agree, head to Soarin first for a fast pass. I've found that if you get to Test Track early you can usually get on quite quickly.

Clywalk
04-27-2007, 03:46 PM
I thought for sure I would need a fast pass for mission space, so does the line move fast for mission space?

I think one ride on Soarin will be enough, would you suggest just waiting in line for soaring right away and then get a fast pass for test track?

stitch34
04-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Mission Space you will not need a FP and the line has been walk on to 10 minutes last time we were there.

I would still head to Soarin' first if the wait is short get in line. But the line gets long fast and the fast pass times go fast. We usually wait the 50-60 minutes even in the morning because the fast pass return time is so late in the day and we have dining reservations. We usually do the single rider line ( not nearly as long of a wait) for Test Track unless the FastPass return time works for us.

AuntLaura
04-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Agree with all the above. We head for Soarin' and then go to TT and MS. We also have found the lines to MS, esply Green, to be short. Not sure whether people got scared off by MS and haven't figured out that MS-Green is a great ride, better than StarTours, in my opinion. If there's a lot of time to our FP, we do Energy, shop or have a beverage inside TheLand.

DisneyDudet
04-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Just a general tip...

I have found that getting another FP as soon as you can before using the one you have is a great way to waste time. You're already riding and waiting in line, this means you can tick away your time w/o wasting it.

imaprincess!
04-27-2007, 11:44 PM
I agree -- get to Soarin' first. I rode it as many times as I could!

pook@wdw
04-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Try to get there early (before they drop the ropes) and get picked for "Family of the Day" . Then you won't have to worry, cause you'll get Fastpasses to all the major attractions from the CMs and you'll get on TT before anyone else!:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
04-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Get to the park early... like 1/2 hour before it opens. When the gates open, you can walk over to Soarin' and get a Fast Pass. Then walk over to Test Track. You won't need a fast pass for that. Then go on Mission Space. By this time, you may be eligible for another fast pass. (I'd pick my favorite of either Mission Space or Test Track and get one while you're there.) You can either go back to Soarin' or visit the Land or the Seas. Be sure to save enough time to explore the World Showcase! :marg: Although if you're there for 10 days, I guess it doesn't matter if you don't finish the park in one day. (It's really hard to do Epcot in one day.)

A Big Kid
04-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Go. Have fun. Dont worry about seeing everying in one day. Dont fret about "maximizing you DDP."