PDA

View Full Version : Who is going down solo?

Mousefever
04-27-2007, 01:12 PM
It looks like I could be going down to the Intercot Party by myself. Is anyone else flying solo? I'm a little nervous about going by myself, not because of the travel, but because I don't know what it will be like to go to events when I've never met other Intercotees.

:dory:

grego77
04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
If I go, I would be going solo :mickey:

...I am also new to Intercot and "meets" as well. I would go for it. I'm sure it would be a lot of fun. I hope I can go!!!

Beast_fanatic
04-27-2007, 08:49 PM
I went by myself a few years ago to one of the big meets, and had a very good time. There were actually quite a few solo participants and we spent some time together outside the meets a couple of the days. :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
04-27-2007, 09:27 PM
If I am able to go I will also be a party of one.

JPL
04-28-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm heading down Solo as well :thumbsup:

Ian
04-28-2007, 09:37 PM
I'll be heading down by myself, but I've been to so many of these things that there are a few INTERCOTters who are like family to me.

I'll feel right at home!

Piglet822
04-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Once you meet up with all of us you won't be solo anymore :hug:
Ian's right, we're like one big family :)

Emily
04-29-2007, 11:43 AM
I'll echo the above as well. I almost always go alone these days, but I'm not alone for very long! You'll have a great time, INTERCOTees are the BEST! :thumbsup:

brad192
04-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Solo for me too! Sounds like there's a bunch of us. We're gonna have a blast!:party:

Mousefever
04-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everybody! Yesterday I was looking at info for MNSSHP and had a visceral reaction at the idea of not sharing this experience with my son, Jacob. I looked up my SW flight and found out that I could book him a ticket for the same price as mine, so I went ahead and bought him a ticket! I'm not going to be quite as solo as I was before, but I'm still looking forward to hanging out with other Intercot adults.

BriarRose0708
04-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everybody! Yesterday I was looking at info for MNSSHP and had a visceral reaction at the idea of sharing this experience with my son, Jacob. I looked up my SW flight and found out that I could book him a ticket for the same price as mine, so I went ahead and bought him a ticket! I'm not going to be quite as solo as I was before, but I'm still looking forward to hanging out with other Intercot adults.

Cool! He'll love it!

ps- I'm going!!!!

GiltterDisneyGirl
05-04-2007, 01:22 AM
I am also going solo but rooming with PinkJJ. :)

grego77
05-04-2007, 04:44 PM
I've decided to go with the heart this time, which coincidentally was in sync with the brain. Both said I should just DO IT! :number1:

I will be there solo...and REALLY looking forward to the event!!! :mickey:

Christine
05-19-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm going solo...

I think it will be fun to have the opportunity to be with a bunch of friends, but to also be able to sneak off for some private time (aka shopping!!!) by myself!

disneydeb
06-02-2007, 09:01 PM
My daughter is going with me, but she is taking a fiend,so I will be sort of alone.

lbfire
06-17-2007, 07:42 PM
I will be going solo, I'll be down there from august till january for the college program

Red Randal
06-21-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm thinking about going down. Chances are, I'll be alone if I go.

TikiGoddess
06-23-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm trying to find a way to go to the Intercot weekend, but finances are tight. Just as a thought.... would any of the female travelers be interested in splitting the cost of a value resort hotel room with me?

I'm hoping to be there from Fri afternoon through Monday morning. I promise that I'm totally normal and as neat as a pin. :)

It's just a thought. PM me if you'd like to discuss it.

TikiG

Not2Loud
06-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Does it kind of count since the wife and I aren't coming without the DD4?

dpamac
06-30-2007, 04:03 PM
I'll be flying solo. I've done it before for an INTERCOT meet. Trust me, you'll find someone to tour the parks with. Plus, sometimes it's fun to do some of it alone. Last time I had a blast wandering EPCOT for a few hours on my own.

Also, the last big meet resulted in some very odd groups forming and doing weird things. The group I ended up in found ourselves at a Waffle House at 3 a.m. one night.

In fact, I only got 2 hours of sleep that trip . . . John, our intrepid leader, may have gotten less.

This time my goal is to eat my body weight in churros.

Ian
07-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Also, the last big meet resulted in some very odd groups forming and doing weird things. The group I ended up in found ourselves at a Waffle House at 3 a.m. one night.Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that. Wasn't that after an aborted attempt to find some bar in some random hotel somewhere?

I finally booked my air last night (got an incredible Southwest fare of $118 round trip!) ... I'm all set!

JPL
07-03-2007, 12:05 PM
This time my goal is to eat my body weight in churros.

Body weight in Churros sounds like an event we should add to the official calendar:thumbsup:

dpamac
07-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that. Wasn't that after an aborted attempt to find some bar in some random hotel somewhere?

Vaguely is about as clear as that evening will probably ever get. Oddly, I blame Kevin for that whole night. Though Yeungling helped.

Body weight in Churros sounds like an event we should add to the official calendar:thumbsup:

Is that a challenge Jeff? Because I will take you down!

Hammer
07-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that. Wasn't that after an aborted attempt to find some bar in some random hotel somewhere?

Vaguely is about as clear as that evening will probably ever get. Oddly, I blame Kevin for that whole night. Though Yeungling helped.

You gentlemen need to improve your memory retention ;). Beer must damage more brain cells than Bombay Sapphire Gin and Tonics :laughing:. The random bar was at the Gaylord Palms hotel which was instigated by my sister (so don't blame Kevin). She had stayed at a Gaylord hotel in the past and it had a bar which stayed open past 2 am. So, she figured the Gaylord Palms would have one as well, but alas it did not. So the Waffle House was the substitute.

Who is in charge of this meet's after hours entertainment :) ? We need to top the Waffle House experience.

Ian
07-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Oddly, I blame Kevin for that whole night.I blame Kevin more for the whole "Charlie Brown" incident than I do the Waffle House situation.

Stupid SoCo ...

Who is in charge of this meet's after hours entertainment :) ? We need to top the Waffle House experience.Wow ... way to set the bar high, Christine! ;)

Mousefever
07-03-2007, 09:03 PM
:help: My thread has been hijacked by waffle eating, beer drinking and hotel bar loitering Disney lovers!

Ian
07-04-2007, 08:03 AM
:help: My thread has been hijacked by waffle eating, beer drinking and hotel bar loitering Disney lovers!

:dory:You forgot about Webmasters and Chief Imagination Officers who do the Charlie Brown.

Mousefever
07-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Yes, next time I'll try to be more inclusive.

Red Randal
07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm 95% sure I'm coming down for the party! There's a chance that I'll have a friend with me but if she can't/decides not to come then I'll be there solo.

Either way, I'm now looking forward to a 2am trip to the Waffle House. :thumbsup: :beer:

Stan
07-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Any of you who live where there are no Waffle Houses :( and/or have never visited one :( :( do not know what you are missing. When we lived in PA (before WH's showed up there a few years ago) and would hit the highway for FL, I'd insist we stop at the first WH we saw in Ohio. Family was OK about it but did not quite share my passion.

After we moved to Orlando, we all got our fill of WH pretty quick, though it is still on my short list of breakfast or late night "snack" places. :thumbsup:

I used to suggest to my kids that, when visiting a WH, one could attempt to be the weirdest person in the place- :jaw: but that would be a bit tougher than in most eating establishments, since it seems to me that WH must hire professionals to play those parts.

Anyway, I plan to be at some or all of this upcoming INTERCOT meet... not sure whether that includes a 2-3 AM WH visit. :party:

disneydeb
08-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Is the Waffle House a scheduled stop in our itinerary? I must have overlooked it. Should we make ADR's?:D

Stan
08-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey DisneyDeb, I see you are in Tullahoma !?!?

We lived at 408 Westwood in Tullahoma from summer '79 to summer '80, while I worked at ARO/AEDC. Our oldest DS was born at Harton Hospital. Nice town- is it still like 17,000 population? A cousin of mine has been in Winchester working for ARO for like 40 yr.

Yes, WH should be a scheduled stop.