PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris Resort Increases Attendance, Cuts Losses

Figment!
04-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Fortunes Improve for Eurodisney

BBC News
April 27, 2007

The firm made a loss of 69.2m euros (£49m; $94m) in the six months to the end of March, a reduction from 83.6m euros a year earlier.
Eurodisney said its visitor numbers rose by 600,000 during the period.

Chief financial officer Ignace Lehaoud said the results were "pleasing" but added that "it is still a long road" to the company achieving profitability.

Anniversary celebrations

"What's pleasing for us is that we got these results even before kicking off our 15th anniversary," Mr Lehaoud said.

Disneyland Paris, which first opened in April 1992, has launched a parade and new attractions to celebrated its anniversary.
It is also due to open new rides based on the Finding Nemo and Cars films in June.

Mr Lahoud added that the firm was pleased with visitor numbers in the first few days of April, but noted that the unseasonably warm weather had been particularly favourable.

Disneyland Paris was originally known as EuroDisney, but the name was changed in 1995.

------------------------------------------------------

Euro Disney Says 1st-Half Loss Narrowed

Associated Press
April 27, 2007

Euro Disney SCA, the owner and operator of the eponymous theme park outside Paris, said Friday that its fiscal first-half loss narrowed after the company boosted sales.

The net loss for the six months through March 31 narrowed to euro82 million ($111.7 million) from 101.8 million in the same period a year earlier, the company said in a statement. Sales rose 9.7 percent to euro512.6 million ($698.5 million).

Revenue was largely boosted by greater theme park attendance and hotel occupancy. Theme park attendance rose by 600,000 people to 6.1 million, while average spending per hotel room gained 5.1 percent.

"We continue to focus on improving our business performance and the overall resort experience," said Chief Executive Karl Holz.

Euro Disney shares were unchanged at euro0.09 ($0.12) in Paris.

MinnieMommie
04-29-2007, 10:32 PM
This is good to hear Jason. I hope to visit within the next year and hope the 15th anniversary contributes to this trend of increased attendance. :mickey:

glenpreece
04-30-2007, 09:30 AM
I actually looked into going here and it would be cheaper for me to do this than Disneyland California.

lockedoutlogic
04-30-2007, 11:46 AM
I was there last Spring and I'll give my little highlight reviews:

Disneyland- Paris: Outstanding...really a very beautiful park and with alot of top notch attractions.....Space Mountain is perhaps the greatest ride Disney has ever constructed...the lands are themed beautifully...and the caste is by far the best.
Probably the best MK...though I can't speak about the Tokyo variant

Resorts: Very disappointing...they seem "nice" by most standards...but we we toured through them, I immediately saw what they had done.
The took prefabricated modular units and slapped the different hotels together...the theme elements were basically glue to the outside and inside surfaces....
Very cheap grade...much more detail was taken in building the moderates in WDW
Though...we didn't go through the Disneyland Hotel...and I have heard good things about that.

The Studios....
Hard to describe accurately with words....but I'll try.
It is a disgrace.....It is a square...about the size of the World Showcase Fountain Plaza at Epcot (by my guess)....with about 8 shows and rides attached to it. Simply ridiculous....there's just no other way to describe it. When we were there...they were building the Tower in the center....so the end result is 1 car show, 2 animations/theateer movie attractions, rock n roller coaster (but inferior to the original), a couple of kiddie flat rides, the armageddon ride, and the tower.....
really disappointing.

The Downtown Disney area is quite nice...not quite WDW...but very nice...

We went on a spare day after we explored Paris for a week....it was a nice experience, and certainly worth the cost...I would not fly to France simply to go to Disneyland though...it's more of a compliment than a destination

TheRustyScupper
04-30-2007, 03:17 PM
1) I have seen "we improved" releases before.
2) Now, if they EVER make a profit, that will be news.
3) DLP was/is a big mistake.

4) I have also done DLP, and find it sorely lacking.
5) There are a few rides that are better than WDW and DL
6) But, over all it is poor.
7) Especially Studios!

MinnieMommie
04-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Good to hear from people who have visited DLP. From what I hear it sounds as if you are right in that it is not a destination in itself but a stop if already in the area (Europe).:mickey: