PDA

View Full Version : Your 9 Magic Kingdom Moments!

darthmacho
04-27-2007, 09:29 AM
:wave: Nine years ago today was the first time I ever stepped foot in the Magic Kingdom! We were on Day 2 of our honeymoon, and after a wonderful Day 1 exploring the Wilderness Lodge, what better way to kick off the WDW them park experience than an EMH visit to the MK? :balloon:

In celebration of this occasion, I want everyone to list NINE MK moments. It can be from any of your trips, be about anything that has to do with MK, and can be simple or detailed.

For example, here are my nine, all from that wonderful first day:

1. Strolling down a warm and dewey Main Street USA and seeing the famous castle view for the first time live!
2. Going on my first WDW ride ever, Space Mountain.
3. Posing for a picture with the "Honeymoon" mouse hats.
4. Taking a picture with Ariel!
5. Being amazed by Splash Mountain.
6. Lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus, when they were still a burger joint.
6. Pirates and Haunted Mansion for the first time.
7. Can't get "The Great Big Beautiful Tommorow" out of my head.
8. Dinner with Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace.
9. Still there for the fireworks after an amazing 16 hour day of fun-filled excitement! :fworks:

Let's hear yours!

Dakota Rose
04-27-2007, 10:19 AM
1. 1988: Boarding the ferry from the TC and seeing the castle in the distance for the first time. I was 11 and the castle looked HUGE.

2. 1988: Running into my 6th grade teacher in front of the castle. It was March. I didn't know she was going to be there too, but my parents did. We were living in CA at the time, so it was pretty wild to see your teacher from 3000 miles away!

3. 1988: Playing on Tom Sawyer Island with my kid sister for like 2 hours.

4. 1996: Character breakfast at King Stefan's (now Cinderella's Royal Table). The Fairy Godmother came out for photos and autographs. I was the first one in line and after she posed with me, she said something "magical" to me and I started to cry. The FG has always reminded me of my grandmother who had died the year before this trip. I was 19 on this trip.

5. 1996: Alien Encounter. It was my favorite attraction from then on.

6. 1997: Posing for a picture with my kid sister and her best friend on Main Street. It was just the 3 of us at WDW that trip.

7. 1998: 21st birthday dinner at King Stefan's. I loved the mickey shaped butter and our waiter brought me a special birthday dessert. I think it was a chocolate crown.

8. 2005: DH & DS's first trip to WDW. Posing for a photo with Stitch and my DS in Tomorrowland. DS's nickname has been Stitch since I found out I was pregnant with him.

9. 2005: Standing on the castle forecourt showing DS Spectromagic for the first time. I cried, like usual. I kept telling him how this was mommy's favorite parade, etc. He was 18 mos old and could care less. But he loved the parade.

dixielandings
04-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Oh this is going to be fun:

1. First ever visit, 1992: taking the Ferry across and seeing the Castle for the first time, from that glorious distance!
2. First time w/ my family: 2 parents and 24-yr-old (me) entering Main St.
3. First visit w/ my now-DH - we went for 4 days to WDW, got engaged on the first night, went to MK last!
4. First viewing of Wishes!
5. 2nd viewing of Wishes! - from the CaliGrill observation desk
6. Sitting in rocking chairs w/ DH on one of the porches in Liberty Sq.
7. Walking from Toontown to Tomorrowland on the "private" walk - no one's ever there :secret:
8. First ride on Splash Mt.
9. Sitting outside Casey's Corner in the sunshine w/ corn dog bites and a Diet Coke!

Septbride2002
04-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Honeymoon 2002 - taking the boat from Poly to the MK

Honeymoon 2002 - strolling through the park for the first time. We rode one ride - Buzz Lightyear, and the rest of the time we just roamed around.

Honeymoon 2002 - Watching Fantasy in the Sky from the Poly Beach in a hammock

Feb 2004 - Seeing Spectromagic for the first time and watching Wishes.

Feb 2004 - Having a Haunted Mansion Butler scare me out of my wits!

Dec 2004 - attending the MVMCP and watching the parade.

Dec 2004 - Riding Dumbo for the first time.

Jan 2005 - doing the half marathon and waking through the castle with a crowd of people waiving and cheering you on.

Jan 2005 - Saying Good-bye to the castle until October 2007 :(

~Amanda

BigRedDad
04-27-2007, 11:26 AM
#1 I am not sure if it was 71 or 72, and I don't remember it, but I was the first person to get their head stuck in the railing at the Haunted Mansion

#2 The first time I could understand WDW walking down Main Street

#3 Sneaking away from Fort Wilderness to go to the arcade at the Contemporary

#4 Big Al vibrating chair at Pioneer Hall

#5 Mickey, Chip & Dale at the Fort Wilderness camp fire

#6 Tubing down the thing at River Country

#7 The Monorail

#8 Chocolate covered, frozen bananas

#9 Being dragged onto Space Mtn by my sister when it first opened and I was 5

biodtl
04-27-2007, 11:57 AM
1. My first Electic Light Parade

2. Riding around on my Nana's lap in her wheelchair.

3. Those Mickey balloons that had a Mickey head balloon inside of a clear oval one.

4. Walking around MK and my dad, grandpap and uncle taking turns with me on their shoulders.

5. Being amazed by basically everything.

6. Getting teary-eyed as soon as spotted the castle while visiting on my honeymoon (after years with no visits).

7. Getting teary-eyed yet again, seeing my kids' faces the first time they spotted the castle.

8. DD frantically waving to Belle in the parade.

10. All the CMs calling DD "princess" and her eating it up.

snowflakegirl
04-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Great post!

1. Walking down Main Street with DH on the first park day of our honeymoon in 2004. It was his first ever trip to Disney and I was so happy to watch his face as he took it all in and share my favorite place with my favorite person ;-).

2. August 1997. I'm sixteen and in that phase where my parents aren't cool, etc. Our first day my dad and I rush to BTMR, which was always "our" ride because we were the only ones in the family who would go on it. After we get off, I'm so happy, so excited and so carefree that I grab my dad's hand and drag him off to the next place to meet my mother and little sis. It reminded me of all the reasons that I adored my family and why I was so lucky to have them, even when I was going through that "teenage" rebellion period. The look on my dad's face still gets me.

3. Dinner at CRT on my birthday during our honeymoon in 2004. I'd never eaten in the castle before, but always wanted to. It was so many things all rolled into one, still one of my favorite memories.

4. April 2002. For my 21st b-day my parents sent me to Disney. I convinced a family friend to go with me for her first trip. We met a wonderful college CM in Tomorrowland who was in charge of letting people into Alien Encounter. We chatted, she let us push the button to open the doors. Somewhere I have a picture of me with her and she and I e-mailed for a while after I got back.

5. Sitting outside at one of the tables on Main Street eating a chocolate croissant from the bakery for breakfast (pretty much any trip from 2002 on).

6. August 1998. Having lunch at Cosmic Ray's listening to Sony, and razzing my dad about how they have the same sense of humor.

7. Can't remember which trip, but having dinner in Tomorrowland and trying to walk back to the table where my mother and sister were waiting with a tray full of food and almost tripping and spilling it all. A man with a video camera at another table was teasing me about having caught it on tape and we ended up having dinner with him and his family and spending part of teh evening with them.

8. April 2005. Seeing my sister-in-laws face as we stood on the train platform and looked down Main Street to the castle (her first trip).

9. Taking the "honeymoon" picture with DH and I with ears in front of the castle.

King Triton
04-27-2007, 12:20 PM
These aren't really in any order...

1. On the first visit to MK on any trip, walking beneath the railroad and taking in Main St. and the castle.

2. A trip on TTA

3. Riding the monorail

4. Scoring higher on Buzz than my Xbox addicted (not really) son.

5. Spectromagic

6. Wishes

7. A nice quiet lunch at Columbia Harbor House.

8. POTC (and I'm really looking forward to the rehab)

9. Watching the kids have a good time.

c&d
04-27-2007, 12:54 PM
1. In 1973 seeing Main Street for the first time.
2. In 1973 riding HM and thinking what an amazing ride and how’d they do that.
3. Jump to 1998 the first time DH and I went and we rode Space Mtn.
4. Jump to 2000 the first time we took DS to Disney and the look on his face when he was up close with Pooh and friends
5. In 2000 the first time DS went on the Dumbo Ride
6. In 2002 when we took my Dad with us and watching him watch DS on Astro Orbiter
7. In 2002 when DS came off Dumbo and announced it was the best day of his life
8. In 2005 walking down Main Street with DH for our 10th anniversary and no kid.
9. Jump to 2007 when DS finally got to drive his own Indy car.

ravsluvdisney
04-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Great post Darth - as always!! :thumbsup:

I'll break it up with 9 from my kiddie years (70's) and going with my kiddies (21st century!):

The 70's
1 - First ride I remember - taking on The Indy Speedway with my dad

2 - The Magic Shop on Main Street

3 - Tom Sawyer Island

4 - First of many "terrifying" rides in the Doombuggies at HM

5 - The hairy pirate's leg dangling over the bridge in PofTC

6 - First ride with mom on Space Mtn, always a personal fave

7 - (Technically MK) Watching the MK fireworks from the observation deck after eating at Top of the World at the Contemporary

8 - Riding Jungle Cruise and hoping those hippos and gators didn't come near the boat!

9 - The Country Bear Jamboree (sad but true)

Present Day
1 - Watching my older DS' fascination with all the characters in the park - younger DS, not so happy

2 - Walking up Main Street prior to opening with an early PR for breakfast and no one there; took some great pictures of the Castle, chatted up a CM

3 - Watching my not so adventurous 7-yr old DS tackle Space Mountain, the beginning of his "do all the mountain rides" quest(he did)

4 - Taking my DS' on Indy Speedway for their first time (see above)

5 - Eating in the Castle for the first time - enjoyed the dinner experience a bit more than the breakfast

6 - Back to Tom Sawyer Island after over 20 years with my older DS - good memories and he had a blast pretending to shoot at BTMRR from the Fort

7 - Chatting up Jim Furyk at Pinocchios during lunch (golf reference)

8 - Hitting up our favorite family ride at MK, BTMRR

9 - Seeing my 2 DS' dozing in the stroller as me and the DW make our way back up Main St to the monorail after a fun-filled day of rides, food and fireworks
:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

7 -

berri_boo
04-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Here are my 9 MK moments (all from our honeymoon which also happened to be my first time)*Not in any specific order:

1) Walking up Main St USA for the first time and seeing the castle from a distance

2) Our first day at the parks we walked toward the castle then back to go on the train. We walked up the stairs and who did we see....Dwayne Wade in the flesh! It was pretty cool to see an up & coming star in the NBA! We took a lot of pictures and we were mighty close!

3) Watching Wishes the last night were were there and taking it all in on the final walk out:(

4) Watching Spectromagic the last night as well and rushing with the crowds up Main St

5) Going on SM for the first time and finding out my DH had his eyes closed the whole time:secret:

6) Having breakfast with Tigger at the Crystal Palace and being the only person with the Tigger ears on :tigger:

7) Having the chance to take pictures in the early morning in front of the castle when no one was around - it was as if I had the castle all to myself

8) Getting our pictures taken by every single Photo Pass photographer we could find (after 15 days we ended up with 215 pictures in total!)

9) Last but not least - being Grand Marshals in the "Share a Dream Come True" parade. We were approached by a "special" CM who asked us a few questions for about 15 mins then took us by surprise and asked us if we wanted to be Grand Marshals...of course I chimed in right away and said "YES!". after that it was raining all day long so we decided to go back to the resort and relax a little. We thought we would take a shot and head to the MK just in case it stopped raining...well the whole ride over it was still pouring and as if it was meant to be...as soon as our bus pulled up to the MK the clouds pulled away and the sun was shining :cloud9:. We were able to be apart of the parade and as soon as our Grand Marshals part ended it started to rain again! There was nothing like hearing your name over the loud speakers throughout the whole park.

What a great idea for a topic! :thumbsup:

jennifer99
04-27-2007, 03:40 PM
:party: Congratulations on your Magic Kingdom Anniversary :party:

This really got me thinking of all my trips as a child. Here are my nine:
1. As a Elementary School Child: Having my dad take us out of school sometime in the 80's for a Disney weekend in Oct. This was just after Epcot opened. There was no one in the parks during the off season back then. We walked on every ride. I could tell how much my dad enjoyed spending that time with my sister and I.

2. As a Teenager: Riding BTMR with my mom. She was scared to death and actually thought the boulders were going to fall on us. Classic Mom.

3. As a "grown up": February 2003 the first time I stepped onto Main Street with my child. On the same trip watching my husband and son walk through the Castle hand in hand.

4. Sept. 2003 first trip staying on property. We all felt so special. This was also our first trip with our completed family and with my sisters family.

5. Still a "grown up": Dec 2005 Cinderella twirling and dancing with my daughter. My daughter was beaming - I was all choked up.:cloud9:

6. Dec 2005 Snow White stepping over to my daughter who was stretching out her arms to touch the princess during the Spectromagic parade. Snow White gave her a huge hug and kiss.

7. Sept 2006 Taking a picture of my son in front of Space Mountain height measuring sign the first time he was tall enough to ride. He was beyond excited - I was all choked up. We rode it over and over and over again.

8. Sept 2006 Riding MTS with my son (6 years old at the time) for the first - tenth time. He figured out the position you had to stand in to be mission commander and always worked his way into that spot. He then told the people we were riding with he was in charge and not to worry. He told them all there jobs and they saluted him -time and time again.

9. My daughter collecting Princess kisses - everywhere. She was so proud.

It is so wonderful to have found this magic place where so many of my families memories have been made and will continue to be made. I know my kids will carry the memories from our trips with them always.

:mickey: Thank you Disney:mickey:

TINKERBELL_82
04-27-2007, 04:36 PM
1. Riding Pirates for the first time (1987)

2. The Main Street Electrical Parade (1987)

3. My first Turkey Leg (1987)

4. Riding Dreamflight over and over again on a trip I took with my highschool chorus (1996)

5. Riding SM for the first time (1996)

7. My parents letting us get those glow necklaces before the parade

8. Bringing my DH2b there for the 1st time (2006)

9. Seeing the newly refurbed POTC for the first time.

jsw123
04-27-2007, 10:27 PM
1) The first one makes my parents cringe, but in 1981 when my family went to MK, the #1 thing my twin sister and I remember is this: One afternoon we were given the opportunity to get a Mickey icecream around 1:00 or wait to get this icecream creation my Dad had gotten previously (I now believe it was a Dole Whip) later. My twin sis and I said we'd wait. My younger sister opted for the Mickey bar. Then, later, during the parade, they bought us ALL the dole whips! We still talk about this travesty!:mad:

2) First experience of the World Showcase with (now) DH. It was some fabulous shopping and eating!

3) Same trip, leaving the Japanese restaurant after closing at Epcot and riding on the top of a double-decker trolley to the exit, through a nearly deserted park.

4) First time at AK on the safari. Amazing! I love zoos and this was great!:elephant:

5) Same time at AK on what had to be the hottest day EVER, and having an ice-cold cherry cheese danish and diet coke from a vendor sent from heaven!:cloud9:

6) Flash forward to my DD (2) meeting Minnie Mouse for the first time and falling in love!:minnie: :minnie:

7) On a trip with my sister (same as was wronged in the dole whip incident) and both of our families: the adults rode Dinosaur while I stayed outside with my DD (then 2) and D niece (3). Who knew that the water falling down from the structure in front of DInosaur was such a hit?!? Their hot, sweaty, cheez-it encrusted grins were priceless, if somewhat nasty!

8) Same trip, both DD sticking their heads in a water spout coming out of a wall in Asia. It cooled them off and we have great pictures!:swim:

9) Perhaps I'll save this one! My whole family (parents, sisters, and their families) are going to DW this July. Surely there will be more than 9more memories to catalog. I'll tell you one---I'm getting two icecreams at MK!!!!:mjump: :tink

Mickey91
04-28-2007, 06:04 PM
1. Seeing the Main Street Electrical Parade:cheer:

2. Seeing the castle from the Ferry on my Honeymoon.:pixie:

3. Bringing our 15 month old to a Dinner at Liberty Tree when Mickey and Tigger were there. He absolutely loved them and they kept coming back to play with him!!:mjump:

4. Walking out of Liberty Tree. The park had closed and we were almost the last people to leave. The tree lights were starting to come on, "When You Wish Upon a Star" was playing and it was absolutely magical.:tink:

5.Our Daughter meeting Cinderella for the first time.:princess:

6. MNSSHP parade. :mpumpkin:

7. Our DS strolling down the hall with Goofy's arm around his shoulder. Made a great picture!:goofy2:

8. A fun filled day out of the blue when we decided to go south to visit the Magic Kingdom for one day instead of going to Wlliamsburg. Only the difference of an 8 hour drive. We had more fun that one day than we do sometimes all week!!:car:

9. We got to open the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner on our last trip!! Our DS got to ring the bell and we got to meet all the characters at once for a group picture! It was awesome!!

Mom2princesses
04-28-2007, 06:22 PM
1. Seeing my older daughter's reaction to Cinderella's castle for the very first time. I had tears in my eyes. I'll never forget it.

2. Going on Space Mountain with my mom. Oh I sure do miss her but I'll always remember when she took us to WDW.

3. Seeing Iluminations for the very first time at Epcot. WOW!

4. My daughter meeting Ariel (her favorite) for the first time. She was only 2 years old!

5. Going on RNRC for the first time! Awesome

6. Splash Mountain!!!!

7. POTC for the first time! I thought it was great! Geeze the pirates even had hair on their legs!

8. Seeing Main Street and the castle for MY first time.

9. Love meeting all the characters. Even as an Adult it makes me feel like a kid again.

Just walking up mainstreet is an experience. Being at WDW makes you forget your worries. I remember always wishing that I could live on Main Street! We'll be taking my younger daughter this year in August... I'm getting ready to cry again when she see Cinderella's Castle for the first time (she will be 3 in May).

pook@wdw
04-28-2007, 07:02 PM
OK...let's see! I could give you about 9000 great moments @ MK, but if nine is all I'm allowed, the here goes.
1. My 8-yr old DD face when she started down
Main Street and saw the castle for the 1st
time!
2. My delayed honeymoon in '79 when there was
only MK.
3. Our 1st "Family" trip w/gg-parents, g-parents
7 in all in '80.
4. Our 1st time in Epcot
5. My 1st monorail ride
6. Sitting @ Main St Ice Cream Plaza enjoying
fave ice-cream and seeing on of my best
friends from high school strolling down
Main St.
7. Sitting on the dock @ WL at sunrise, in my
jammies, enjoying my coffee, while looking
out over a glass-smooth Bay Lake...Aaaahh!
8. Kickin back w/a cold one, listening to the
British Invasion @ the UK gardens
9. Planning our next trip!!!:thumbsup:

AdventurerKim
04-28-2007, 09:40 PM
1. Arriving on the grounds on the first day of any trip is the best moment ever! :number1:

2. 1980--first trip ever; watching fireworks leaving MK on the ferry to TTC while my grandfather held me up to see.

3. Nov. 2000--first trip with DH when I hooked him on WDW

4. Dec. 1992--First and only Christmas in WDW and seeing Christmas parade live

5. Eating clam showder at the Harbor House.

6. 1986--Winning Fantasyland pin just for going through the gates at MK during 15th anniversary.

7. Scoring 999,999 on Buzz Lightyear

8. Walking into MK out onto Main Street from beneath the train station for the first time on a trip.

9. Riding Haunted Mansion

dolphinmickey9170
04-28-2007, 10:27 PM
1. Cruising on a boat for Wishes!! We held a party on the boat after our wedding ceremony, 7/13/06, at The Point (Poly)! This was the most magical moment!!

2. 7/14/06 Having our honeymoon breakfast at CRT the day after our wedding.

3. Watching Wishes up close and personal at the castle. My eyes well up and I get a lump in my throat when I hear the music.

4. Seeing the castle for the first time in person. After seeing it on tv while growing up......I couldn't wait to see it for real. I couldn't believe it...I was finally at Disney World. I cried like a baby walking down Main Street. People probably thought I was losing it.

5. Approaching the line at SM, being congratulated by the CM for our wedding, and given triple ride FP. That was awesome!!

6. Watching the Main Street Electrical Parade. There is nothing like it in the world. I wish they would bring it back to WDW.

7. Seeing Tinkerbell fly over the park. It is such a magical moment.

8. Taking my kids for the first time and watching their faces light up. When my youngest saw Cinderella, her face was all lit up and smiling, minus a few teeth, it was a very precious moment. Still got the pix to prove it.

9. Knowing I will be there watching Wishes in just 6 days!!

Are we there yet??

laward32
04-28-2007, 10:55 PM
First trip to WDW was in April of 2005 (I was 32)
1.Walking down Main Street USA with my two daughters (4&5 at the time), my DH, my mom, sister and niece and looking at the castle in full view for the first time. My oldest loooves Cinderella and she got this look on her face and screamed "Look mommie it Cinderella's house!"
2. Our second trip was Dec 2006. We were in the Haunted Mansion in the stretching room and they had just shut the door and said "Move to the dead center of the room please!" And one of the CM was standing very close to me and I didn't know it and he said "BOO!!" I screamed and jumped. Everybody thought it was hilarious.
3. Riding BTMRR in the pouring rain and my two girls just loving it.
4. Going to BBB for makeovers for the girls and the look on my 6 yr old's face when they turned her chair around for her to see herself. Priceless.
5. Eating in the castle after their makeovers and getting a whole lot of attention. My oldest was dressed like Cinderella and my youngest like Snow White.
6.My youngest daughter seeing "Cowboy" for the first time in person and not being scared at all and saying "Hey there, Cowboy!" It was so cute.
7.Having MY picture taken with my favorite character Mickey Mouse. I didn't get one our first trip, I was to excited to get the girls picture. But I made sure I got one in Dec.
8.Riding TOT with the girls and afterward looking at the picture. My youngest daughter's face was priceless. She loved it sooo much we rode it 2 more times and would have rode it more but ran out of time. (I know this one isn't MK but it is one of my best memories.)
9.My daughters asking once a week when are we going back?
This is a great thread, it got me thinking and reliving great family memories.:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-29-2007, 08:49 AM
1. First trip as an adult in 1998, walking down Main Street and not believing that we were really there.
2. First ride ever in Disney World, Spaceship Earth, riding with our mouths hanging open in awe:blush:
3. Watching Illuminations for the first time and crying:blush:
4. Wishes birthday cruise:thumbsup:
5. First ride in the front of the monorail:mickey:
6. First time watching Wishes from the California Grill
7. Sitting on the bench down the side street off of main Street (it's gone now) and eating a hot dog and loving being in Disney World for the first time:cloud9:
8. First time at Earl of Sandwich, how yummy they are;)
9. First dole whip:D

LoriMistress
04-29-2007, 05:24 PM
The last time I went to WDW was in November 2003 during our honeymoon, but we'll be going in December this year, so there will be new memories that I can share...but for now, I'll share the oldies.

1. Walking down MSUSA and seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time.

2. Seeing the enterance of MK for the first time.

3. Opening MGM-Studios and being the first people in the parks.

4. Having front and center spot of Fantasmic!

5. Giving a hug to Donald Duck.

6. Walking around Epcot, taking in the wonderful view of the Lagoon and the World Showcase and hearing, WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR.

7. Mickey & Minnie Mouse calling me and wishing DH and I a happy honeymoon.

8. Watching Mickey's Philarmagic.

9. Riding M:S for the first time.

shysarah
04-30-2007, 10:48 AM
1992 - My late mum crying when she saw the castle for the first time.
2006 - Me crying in front of the castle remembering my mum.
2002 - My husband entering MK for the first time and getting character autographs. He didn't belive me that you could do it !
1992 - First ride on POTC.
1992 - First time I saw Wishes - magical
2006 - First experience of MVSCP - it was the best thing - ever !
2002 - Taking a photo of my husband with Tigger - his hero.
2006 - Walking out of MK on my last visit wondering when I would be back.
2006 - Sitting on a bench in front of the castle watching all the children's faces.
2006 - Stood watching Wishes and hearing someone shout out "Go Tink" - it will stick with me for ever.

baby minnie's mommy
04-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Around age 4 or 5:

1. Asking my parents "Where is the music coming from?"

2. Riding the front of the monorail to MK.

3. Visiting Haunted Mansion for first time and telling each of the ghosts "You don't scare me!" to calm my fears.

4. Mom had to watch baby brother in stroller, so Dad took older brother and I to BTMRR. I did NOT want to ride, and bawled my eyes out before we got on! Dad calmly made me ride anyway, and when I got off I begged to go again! To this day, it is my favorite ride. :D

5. Eating the Mickey Mouse Ears ice cream treats. (A sentimental must-have now on each trip.)

As an adult:

6. Watching Spectromagic for first time.

7. My boyfriend (now husband) asking me to marry him, in front of Cinderella's castle. :cloud9:

8. Eating a box of the best popcorn ever while waiting with my fiance for the castle forecourt show to start on a beautiful day, thinking life couldn't be any better at that moment.

9. On our honeymoon at the Polynesian, waking up to a gorgeous sunset over the lake and MK castle.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
05-01-2007, 04:13 PM
First I want to say Congradulations on the 9 years of marriage!!

My Top Nine......this was so hard to narrow down to just 9.
1. 1991: Just me and my Dad finishing up the night at Magic Kingdom with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and I thought I was so cool.

2. Trip w/cheerleading team in '01: Realizing that I did indeed like rollercoasters when I was on Space Mountain (then realizing I actaully hated them on Splash Mountain)

3. 2004: Watching the morning show at MK with my then BF now Fiance and crying because I was just so happy.

4. 2004: Being back for the first time in 15 years, walking under the railroad and down main street to see the castle for the 1st time in years.

5. 2004: Having a fun friendly competition at Buss Light Year (that will forever be fun to be now)

6. 2004: Going on one of my fiances favorite rides and getting the most annoying song stuck in my head the rest of the day "It's a great big beautiful tomorow......"

7. 2004: Finally getting the first rest after hours of walking at Columbia Harbor House and having a great meal.

8. 2004: Laying down in front of the castle on the bricks, looking up in the sky, with my new BF (now fiance) and falling totally in love with him.

9. 2006: After our day trip in the park, feeling very sad to leave, and very cold, we went to board the Monorail at the closing of MK to go back to the transportation station to drive 3.5 hours, and the conductor looked at my fiance and I and told us to come ride in the nice warm front. It made it just a little easier to leave that day.

Soon: As someone metioned, taking a picture in our mouse ears on our honeymoon in front of the castle.

Hopefully many more on the next trip!!

TKSax
05-01-2007, 04:59 PM
1. My very first trip in 82, riding the monorail and seeing the entrance to MK.

2. 1987 we used our pass's form 82 and spent the last half of the afternoon in epcot, for some reason the part was empty and we were able to ride space mount back to back to back...

3. On our Honeymonn in 2001 we book a dinner a the Cinderellas Castle. The dinner was awesome and we got to see the fireworks from inside, but even cooler was when we left we got the lastest reservation and the part was closed. We were the only non disney peoople in the main steet area it was awesome. We were able to wander back to the main gate and got some great pictures.

Thats all I can think of now...

jpcns50
05-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Here's my shot at it (In no particular order)
(and just so it makes sense, Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella from 2 or 3 posts up is my fiancee!!!)

1. Seeing my new GF, now my fiancee, cry the first morning of our Spring Break trip when the train pulled in to Main St. Station and the morning show started.

2. Riding in the front of the monorail when I was 5 with my father on a day trip.

3. The first ride I remember ever riding was Space Mountain, so riding it with my fiancee as my first ride in 2004 was incredibly special.

4. Closing the park in 2004 with my then GF watching Wishes.

5. Eating dinner at Cinderella Castle with my then GF realizing how much I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.

6. The feeling when we left in 2006 from our day trip, knowing the next time I set foot in the MK it would be my Honeymoon!:cloud9:

7. Dreaming of how it will feel on September 17th to walk under the train station and see the castle for the first time as a married couple.

8. Remembering how scared I was when I was 3 to have the Cast memeber at the Haunted Mansion open the door and say, "We need more bodies"

9. A picture of my sister and I with our heads in the stockades in Frontierland when we made our only trip as a family.

What a great topic!!!! Congrats on 9 years of marraige, and heres to many more!!!

CandleontheWater
05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
1. seeing the animal heads "talk" in the Mile Long Bar. I just loved the country bear jamboree and to see it continued in the restaurant next door really amazed me

2. Sitting on the curb on Main Street and hearing the eerie opening notes to the Main Street Electrical Parade. It still gives me chills thinking about it

3. Riding Space mountain for the first time with my father, and completely terrified, I screamed at the top of my lungs for my mother the entire ride. :blush:

4. Riding Potc with my family and my father grabbing my red headed mother durring the "we wants the redhead" aution scence and shouting, "I've got her right here!"

5. Getting on the train all decorated for Mickey's Birthday and riding it to the NEW Mickey's Birthday land with my mother and brothers.

6. Splashing in puddles with my brothers in front of Cosmic Rays during a sudden summer down pour, while our grandparents looked on laughing from inside.

6. Riding Splash mountain over and over again with my friends during high school band trips in 1994 and 1996

7. Being chosen to be grand marshalls of the Dreams come True parade on July 3, 2005 (incidentally my now husband proposed during Illuminations later that night :cloud9: )

8. Getting a boat on potc all to ourselves on our Labor day 2006 honeymoon (it actually was pretty spooky!)

9. Walking back onto Main Street with my parents last thanksgiving for our first family trip to Disney in 10 years! We've come full circle now!

cinderellagrl
05-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Congrats on 9 years!
I don't actually remember the first few trips of mine to Disney, but here is a running history of memories!

9. 1994- We were with another family and both families had girls who were just tall enough to ride Splash Mountain (myself include). It was awful! I hated Splash, now my favorite ride, and my parents made me do parent swap and ride twice. All I could think about was how long I would have to wait to get it over with (Splash has a very long intro).

9. 1995- First ride on Space Mountain..I was told it was a slow ride that talked about the planets. I screamed almost the entire ride, until my dad put his hand on my shoulder. My mom thought I fell out!!! After we got off the ride the kids sitting within our car were rubbing their ears..I was a noisy child!

7. 1996- Begging dad to take my sister, two cousins, and I on the teacups. He finally agreeded. I now realize why it was soo hard for him to agree...:ack: I have only rode it once since!

6. 1998- although not technically in MK... Watching Wishes from our tower Balcony at the Contemporary. It was our last night and I finally concured my fear of heights and watched from the balcony. The four of us stood their and arms around shoulders, tearing up. I remember my little sister asked if we were going to come back and my dad laughing and replying, "have we missed a year yet?"

5. 2000- last trip I can remember before my sister and I "grew-up". Like all the trips before my little sister held my mom's hand and I my dads. I remember the trip was in July, and I didn't want to get lost so I kept squeezing my dad's hand, even though I was getting a little too old, and it was a little too hot!

4. 2004- first trip with my BF. I was so happy to share my love of MK with somebody else. I loved going on all the rides and showing someone around. I can remember it was a little strange holding someone elses hand during Wishes!

3. 2005- Watching the New Years Eve fireworks, actually the day before New Years Eve, on Splash mountain! Fireworks went off all around us... We hit it perfectly. As fireworks were going off all around us we gained a great view of the castle and all the magic! A favorite memory of both DBF and I!

2. 2006- First trip as just the family (mom, dad, sister, and I) in a few years. We were taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour and got to enter MK early. I remember huddling together, it was a cool february, waiting for our tour guide, and having MK nearly all to ourselves!

1. 2007- First trip to the World without mom and dad (sister, friends DBF, and myself). Quite strange leaving MK knowing that they wouldn't be in the room when we returned to her of all the adventures we had throughout the day!

I am sure many more memories will be made in July as my mom, dad, sister, and I make one more run in WDW as just the family.

SBETigg
05-09-2007, 11:19 AM
1) Entering the MK for the first time in 1981 on Easter Sunday with the Easter parade headed our way.

2) Seeing fireworks over the castle for the first time and dreaming of coming back with my own Prince Charming one day. (twelve-year-old girl fantasy moment).

3) Bringing my new husband down Main Street for the first time and watching him finally understand why I wanted to honeymoon in WDW. 1990.

4) Pirates of the Caribbean as honeymooners, sitting close together in the dark.

5) Manly new husband holds on tight and screams like a girl on Big Thunder Mountain and again on Space Mountain (haha!)

6) Main Street Electrical Parade, followed by fireworks, and looking into the eyes of my Prince, a dream come true.

7) Bringing our kids down an empty Main Street pre park opening in 2001 for the first time, seeing the awe in their faces and answering "yes, it sure does" when they ask if it could possibly get any better than this.

8) Laughing as my son ducks under the bench to avoid the natives' spears on the Jungle Cruise. "With Disney magic, I didn't know what to expect!"

9) Watching my nearly teenaged kids turn into awestruck little ones all over again at first sight of characters in front of the castle. "OMG, it's Mickey! Where's my autograph book?" 2005.

BriarRose0708
05-09-2007, 11:28 AM
These are all from my one and only trip to the MK, though I am excited to add some more once I return from my next trip in October!

1) Seeing the castle from the cab on the way from Pop to the Contemporary for breakfast. I pointed and yelled "It's the castle!!" and the cabbie looked at me like I had three heads.

2) Walking down Main Street and seeing the castle get closer and closer

3) Riding my very first ride- Space Mountain!

4) Meeting Daisy, my favorite character

5) Being enthralled by Splash Mountain and wanting to ride it over and over again

6) Eating dinner at Colombia Harbour House in the upstairs dining room by the window people watching

7) Wishes!!!!

8) Riding BTMRR at night looking over the park and seeing the Castle lit up

9) Walking through the castle at closing and watching the end of Spectromagic. The perfect end to the perfect day!

cfoshe
05-09-2007, 01:21 PM
1. Thinking that MK was a lot bigger than expected.
2. smelling all the goodies at the bakery, then eating them.
3. riding the TTA.
4. seeing my DS getting spit upon by the camel, and watching the reactions of other people when they got hit.
5. POTC
6. NEW POTC
7. HM 5 times in one day.
8. with DW and w/o kids on 15th anniv. walking down main street looking at the castle.
9. tinker bell flying from the castle right before wishes

4ubie1
05-09-2007, 03:48 PM
There are soo many wonderful memories but I will come up with a few for ya :D

1. Seeing the castle for the first time..I was in tears and I was also only 11 at the time. :blush:

2. Riding POTC with my mom..she is the biggest fan of that ride..even before the movies ..she gets soo involved in that attraction..sings and everything :pirate:

3. Seeing Main Street Electrical Parade and thinking how cool it was that they had the music in sync with the floats

4. First time (&last) riding Splash Mt....it has always been broken down since then :mad:

5. Seeing Philharmagic for the first time and singing along with the music..i was also 24 at the time :blush:

6. Catching COP and remembering tv shows showing Walt talk about that attraction...kindof felt like I had time traveled back to when he was still alive

7. Riding Jungle Cruise for the first time..we did it at night and that was the best..although i never really saw that big snake til it was too late :scared:

8. Sitting on a bench next to the castle in the shade and people watching :cloud9:

9. Riding Space Mt. with my lil sister and they letting us go around a second time :coaster: