PDA

View Full Version : with the size of SSR... would disney

figment
04-27-2007, 09:18 AM
ever think of bringing back golf carts to rent?

i have another thread going on the accomadations board... but i remember when i was a kid that we stayed in a 1 bedroom villa somewhere and we had golf carts to rent...

good times.

Fortgoofy97
04-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Can't see them bringing them back. Besides it is to nice to walk around at SSR and then to have to be dodging carts!

TiggerRPh
04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
ever think of bringing back golf carts to rent?

i have another thread going on the accomadations board... but i remember when i was a kid that we stayed in a 1 bedroom villa somewhere and we had golf carts to rent...

good times.

Bring back? They've never had them.

dlpmikki
04-27-2007, 11:25 AM
There used to be golf carts parked at the old disney Village that folks from the isney institute or Treehouse villas or whatever it was called 20 years ago used to have. I think it would be impossible now because there are far more people about and it could get dangerous.

TheRustyScupper
04-27-2007, 02:11 PM
1) I seriously doubt it.
2) Too many negatives
. . . lots of roads and lots of turns
. . . lots of cars zipping along
. . . no parking areas for carts near rooms
. . . no parking areas for carts near attractions
. . . careless cart drivers
. . . kids driving carts
. . . possible to drive carts to DTD
3) FW has carts, but
. . . lots of road space
. . . not that much car traffic
. . . plenty of cart-parking areas
. . . limited chance for accidents

MinnieMommie
04-29-2007, 09:12 AM
DD has asked the same question. I think it's something SSR should explore. Maybe they would have restrictions on who could utilize - maybe restricted to people staying at Paddock and Carousel - or some other such thought. I just received a PM from someone who just got back from staying at Paddock who said she would not stay at SSR again (even though she thought it was a beautiful property) unless she had a car.

I am thinking that SSR should increase the capacity of their internal bus system. They should consider making a constant rotation and stopping at each building with the ability to pick up and drop off at each building and bus stop. At this time the internal bus system is not too helpful . There is a long wait for the internal bus. Then can change the type of bus to a smaller bus and maybe add more who are constantly circirling the property. :mickey: