PDA

View Full Version : another "this has already been discussed" topic... pop vs allstars

figment
04-27-2007, 08:23 AM
hello out there... i know this has been discussed before, so i apologize i wasn't paying attention. but we'll be starting the "plan" phase in the upcoming weeks (month)... and the biggest question is whether we should do POP again (stayed there last year)... or if we should try one of the allstars (in which we've never stayed)?

the biggest factor is probably the bus schedule. i know POP has it's own, and all stars shares between the 3...

... but which allstars resort gets picked up first/last? are there more buses because there's 3 resorts?

i'm assuming the food courts are similar to POP.

we loved the POP last year... but we are the sort that would like to try every resort once.

thoughts?

sorry for the length.... thanks in advance.

Tuke
04-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Good question. MOST times, Sports is picked up first, followed by Music, then Movies. Sometimes though, especially at night, the bus drivers will mix things up a but and change the order. Much to the dismay of guests of Sports.

Enjoy!

figment
04-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Good question. MOST times, Sports is picked up first, followed by Music, then Movies. Sometimes though, especially at night, the bus drivers will mix things up a but and change the order. Much to the dismay of guests of Sports.

Enjoy!

thanks tuke. just so i got it straight though... sports is picked up first... and if the bus drivers don't mix things up, they are dropped off first?

just wanted to make sure i got the info right before presenting it to the vacation party. :blush:

Kate In Wonderland
04-27-2007, 08:56 AM
I've stayed at Pop as well as All Star Sports and Music. I would recommend Pop any day of the week over the All-Stars. I can't quite explain why, but the atmosphere at Pop (especially the food courts) are just different. My husband thinks it's acoustics (at Pop all the colors are darker so it seems more "homey", whereas at All-Stars the food courts have sort of a "warehouse" feel).

I'm really not that picky when it comes to hotels at Disney, I'm just happy to be there, that even if I was sleeping outside I'd be content! But of all the hotels at Disney, the All-Stars are way at the bottom of my list, but surprisingly Pop is towards the top. :mickey:

If you end up staying at the All-Stars, let me know. Hopefully you'll have a better experience than I did! Have a wonderful time wherever you stay! :D

disneymom15
04-27-2007, 09:16 AM
I too prefer POP, but my second choice would be Movies. I just like the atmosphere at POP.

Goofeygal
04-27-2007, 09:16 AM
We have stayed at Sports and they are the first pick up when the all stars are sharing busses. If you wanted to try and All Star resort I would recomend Sports.:mickey:

Tuke
04-27-2007, 10:08 AM
thanks tuke. just so i got it straight though... sports is picked up first... and if the bus drivers don't mix things up, they are dropped off first?

De nada. In my experience, that's the way it's worked 90% of the time.
:thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-27-2007, 10:26 AM
We prefer Movies over Pop any day. We were not thrilled with Pop.

We never had a problem with the buses at Movies, with the exception of after the fireworks, Fantasmic, etc. It was the same at Pop at those times though.

Have fun planning!!

'Guest' of the MasterControlProgram
04-27-2007, 09:17 PM
I can relate to the "warehouse" aspect of the food courts ... but only Sports and Music (which were built around the same time opening in 1994, no?). Movies (opening 1999 or so, no?) has a much nicer looking/feeling food court. I love that food court. I also like Everything Pop. When we first went to Pop I was surprised to find the food court inside/behind the the gift shop. To this day I still am torn between Movies and Pop food courts (and general look).

The Pop check-in/out lobby is nice ... better than All Stars. All Stars had an okay lobby that I accepted for what it was because of the whole "value" thing ... we'd resort hop to see what the moderates and deluxes looked like. I accepted the difference. But Pop showed me that you could be stylish too on a budget.

Stayed in both Fantasia buildings and love the Fantasia pool. But we stayed in 80's and only went in the computer pool. The 60's pool looks wonderful. Gonna have to try that one on the next trip.

I really debated on where to take the family for the upcoming trip. My parents-in-law stayed with us for our wedding at WDW (seperate rooms!) and that was the recent trip at Pop. Now we're going back along with my siblings-in-law who couldn't make it to the wedding. I had been dreaming of this trip since 2002/2003. I used to imagine Dalmations would be a great place to stay. But we grew up in the 80's and had fun staying in the 80's building on that last trip. I was really torn. But back in the day, only Fantasia was pref'd $ and now more of Movies is pref'd than not. That, and the increased # of rooms in a given building at Pop thus increasing our chances of having our Magical Gathering block of rooms being placed in 80's or 70's (my room request) led to the Pop choice for this fall.

LudwigVonDrake
04-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I would recommend Pop but if you want/need to stay at an All-Star, I would go with Movies :wave:

Tink#64
04-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Our 1st visit at WDW we stayed at Movies, in the Fantasia section, loved it. The movies theming was great for DS's , then 4 & 6!Then Pop opened & we wanted to check it out and we love it there!We love the atmosphere & theming at Pop! The pools, the water jets. All 3x we've stayed in the 60's section, building #4 facing HourGlass Lake & from the end of the walkway we can see Spaceship Earth!

In our opinion there is a huge difference in the bus situation. But maybe we've just gotten spoiled to the one stop for the buses, because from what I've read on here, the mod's have multiple stops due to their size & layout, so I suppose the AS's bus sharing isn't much different from that!

I guess it's just a matter of personal opinion! I think any Disney resort would be great!:mickey: