PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY! Trees and more trees...

MickeysGirl
04-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Good Morning folks and HAPPY FRIDAY!! :waycool:

I don't know about you, but for us here, this weekend couldn't have been more welcome! We've been just beat lately! And we finally have a beautiful sunny spring weekend ahead of us so hopefully we'll be outside working on those tans (and the yard work) a lot! :sun:

But speaking of outside and yards, today is Arbor Day! The day in which we are all supposed to head on outside and plant a tree! So let's all get started with today's...

Plenty of Tree Planting Party!:pine:

Happy Friday everyone!

Specialty Drink of the day: :beer: Pine Tree
... with Lemonade for the kids and an open bar as always ...
:wine: :papple: :marg:

I hope everyone has a great and fun filled weekend! Stay dry! :umbrella:

For those interested...

PINE TREE

1 Lemonade
1 oz. Triple Sec

Fill Highball glass with crushed ice. Add triple sec, then fill with lemonade. Stir.

drummerboy
04-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday.

I don't think I'll be able to plant any trees today, but DW wants me to plant a couple of bushes in the yard tomorrow. Will that count?

TINKERBELL_82
04-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Happy Arbor Day everyone!!

And I'll take one of those Pine Tree's...they sound divine!! :cheers:

DVC2004
04-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Happy Friday! Sure doesn't feel like Friday to me for some reason.But maybe a Pine Tree will fix that!;)

JanetMegan
04-27-2007, 08:33 AM
That Pine Tree sounds good, I'll take two please!

Happy Friday everyone! I'm going to celebrate the weekend with some planting as well, flowers, about 150 of them ;) My brother is also coming up with his wife for a couple days at the lake so I'll be seeing him for the first time since before Christmas. Then you can round out the weekend with Talladega!

Looking like a good one as far as I'm concerned!

MsMin
04-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Happy Friday and Happy Arbor Day Everyone.
I planted my annuals several weeks ago - sorry no trees this year.
I'm still in coffee mode-- I've got a truckload to do today... Have a great weekend everyone..

disneydrmr
04-27-2007, 08:59 AM
No tree planting in my yard either... would it count if I drew a tree and hung the picture on my fridge? Anyway - hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Get out there and enjoy it! Hey! Can I have one of those Pine Tree drinks - but without the triple sec? (hmmm... guess that makes it just a lemonade :D ;) )

Caroleh
04-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Happy Friday and Arbor Day, everybody!!!

I'll take a couple of those Pine Trees!!! It's rainy and T-storms here all day, so very dreary. I hope I can get my creative juices flowing!!

BrerSchultzy
04-27-2007, 09:08 AM
I live in an apartment complex, so I can't plant any trees. But I'll make sure the ones around my apartment get plenty of water......I'll walk my little dog Sadie TWICE tonight.

But HAPPY FRIDAY to everyone! Let us never forget...Arbor Day comes but once a year....but those Pine Trees will be felt for days to come. :ill:

Cheers! :marg:

offwego
04-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Trees sound great! I've been debating planting some so I guess I'll just have to borrow your holiday and do it.

I'll pass on the drink for now though. Have a great weekend everyone:thumbsup:

Jeremy
04-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Happy Friday!
:pine: :sun: :flower:

Nascfan
04-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Happy Friday and happy Arbor day everyone! :pine:

We put down some grass seed earlier this week, does that count as planting?

Hope everyone has a great day and greater weekend!

ChipDale
04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
:pine: :beer: Happy Friday everybody! :beer: :pine:

Jamie, I think I'll try one of those Pine Tree drinks please followed by an ice cold 6X :beer:

I hope everybody has a great weekend! :cool:

Lucille
04-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!

I think I'll join Jane in a 6x:beer:

Momof2boys
04-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I will take one of those Pine Trees . . . sounds yummy.

We're hoping to plant a small tree or bush this weekend in honor of my father-in-law who passed away in February. Instead of flowers, my parents gave us a gift certificate to a nursery and want us to plant something for him. We were planning on doing that anyway, not even knowing today was Arbor Day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend !

pogo
04-27-2007, 11:04 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE !

I'd like to try the Pine Tree also. I hope you all have a great weekend ! :D

SgtTigger
04-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Happy Friday.........

I just planted trees monday and trimed the ones I have already......... :pine:

I hope everyone has a great weekend.....

Here in the city we are having Jazzfest.......

Nope I wont be going to that ether.........

But I got a lot to do this weekend...............

Lets see.....where do I start????????

:pine:

:cop: :tigger:

conorsmom2000
04-27-2007, 06:14 PM
:pine: Happy Friday everyone!! :pine:

I'll try a Pine Tree!! :D But no planting for us - we've had way too much rain :rain: again today so we're back to mopping up the basement! Hopefully once the :sun: dries us out a little, we'll get our planting done!

Have a great weekend! :beer:

Mom2Princess'
04-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Happy Friday everyone! I haven't been to a friday party in forever...in fact I haven't posted in MONTHS!!!!!!!!

I'll take a Pine Tree if there are any left!

Have a great weekend!

SgtTigger
04-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Happy Friday everyone! I haven't been to a friday party in forever...in fact I haven't posted in MONTHS!!!!!!!!

Well Cyndi where you been hiding?????

I think you were supposed to bring the Pizza :pizza: to this party....... Or was that the last party you went to...... :funny:

Everyone still having a good time??????

Dr_Nigel_C
04-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Did someone say pizza?!? :D

Happy Friday, everyone -- drinks are on the way!

weswerx
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Happy Friday!
It's been nice and sunny here and since I didn't have to work today, I went to the beach! Perfect day for it...but, how do I look in pink? ouch

ElenitaB
04-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Any week that begins with Earth Day and ends with Arbor Day is a good week by me (in spite of all the drama I've dealt with this week). I also live in an apartment so the only trees that I've planted this week are the ones I've "bought" online to offset our little family's carbon footprint. So here's to more trees (even the ones you're drinking)!

mtown71
04-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Happy Friday all!!! Am I too late???? :blush:
I brought some leftover chocolate cake from our office party to share! Hmmm...since I am still at work, I better pass on the :marg: & stick to a soda.

Dr_Nigel_C
04-27-2007, 10:09 PM
It's never too late to pary -- we've had parties run a full week! :D

Mmm...chocolate.....

SgtTigger
04-27-2007, 10:19 PM
It's never too late to pary -- we've had parties run a full week! :D

Mmm...chocolate.....

Hey Hey Hey..........

No cake till you finish your pizza...... Nigel.....

I finished mine so let me get a slice of cake...........

Hey wes you kind of look like a :crab: