PDA

View Full Version : Does any one remember this?

CM~Mserrano
04-26-2007, 09:16 PM
The Adventureland Challenge.

I remember waiting around for this to start and playing all day, trying to find the golden idol and follow the clues. Running like mad through Adventureland. Does anyone else remember this at all or know what period of time they did this?

Also, has anyone heard anything about them starting this again or doing something like this again? I loved this kind of thing!

LibertyTreeGal
04-26-2007, 10:07 PM
I think the term "running" answers the question to that. There is no running in the park and unfortunately, the majority of people are not able/willing to restrain themselves from doing so in this type of activity. Also, it's just too crowded nowadays.

Too bad, it sounds like it was fun :)

ravsluvdisney
04-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Uhh....no. When did you do this? A short time back or waaay back in the day. With park crowds these days any event like that within a park would probably be a disaster. I do know my kids enjoyed the pirates adventure last year. You start from GF, get dressed up pirate-like, board a boat and spend a few hours making several pit-stops (WL, POLY, etc) looking for booty. No parents allowed! Would highly recommend it.

Kate In Wonderland
04-27-2007, 04:32 PM
No but it sounds like fun! :mickey:

CM~Mserrano
04-27-2007, 09:42 PM
I want to say this was probably somewhere around 5-7 years ago... something like that, maybe more. I was hoping somone would have an exact timeframe. I really miss it though. They would give you clues and you had to go through the giftshops and around adventureland looking for the answers to the clues and someone would give you a new clue and finally it would lead you to where they had hidden the golden idol. When you found it, you would get a front of the line "ticket" to the ride of your choice. It was before they made fast pass, I remember that much.

Altair
04-28-2007, 08:11 AM
It was called the Adventure Land Challenge and was located where the Aladin ride is now. It was held 2 or 3 times a day. If you won you got a document stating it as well as the above mentioned front of the line pass. :tikki:

Altair
04-28-2007, 09:28 AM
I dug these up that show the idol and other documentation. The Idol photo is from 1998, I believe the challenge ended soon after.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2284578800053696626BxvlPY

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2690709900053696626ySPfpy

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2097703680053696626OmJZKp

DizDaddy966
04-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Too bad that looks to be great fun. I'm sure my three girls would get a kick out of it :secret: (me too!).

Vanlandingham
04-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Can't say that I remember that, but I do recall partcipating in a "find the paint brushes" thing on Tom Sawyer Island. My brother and I found them both and we got passes to skip to the front of the line for any one ride of our choice. This was in the days before fastpass. As it was, we chose Splash.