PDA

View Full Version : Donald Duck shop needed

Gator
04-26-2007, 09:11 PM
For the thousands of Donald fans out there, I think it is time we demand equal treatment with Mickey and either get more Donald items in the stores or (my favorite option) open a whole store of Donald Duck gear. What do ya think? Duck Hut? Donald Place?

goofiecrazy
04-26-2007, 09:23 PM
I feel the same way about my :goofy2: :goofy2: :goofy:

Pop Centurion
04-28-2007, 12:55 AM
I agree. An all Donald Duck shop would be nice.

Melanie
04-28-2007, 01:41 AM
There is a lot of Donald merchandise in the Philharmagic shop. :donald:

Pop Centurion
04-28-2007, 01:51 PM
There is a lot of Donald merchandise in the Philharmagic shop. :donald:
True but not enough to satisfy us big Donald fans. ;)

tlhewitt52
04-29-2007, 05:17 PM
I agree, Donald Duck is very hard to find, I have a DS 3 who loves Donald and by Mickey's Philharmagic was the only place we found anything for him with Donald on it, More Donald is needed!

auntfrannie
04-30-2007, 05:41 AM
There needs to be more Daisy Duck, too!

Christine
04-30-2007, 08:59 AM
I think it would be great to have a Fab Five Shop! I worry that sometimes the "classics" might be getting lost in this Hannah Montana, Incredibles, (etc, etc) generation.

I think seeing the classic short before Meet the Robinsons made me realize this...some kids had no idea who Chip and Dale were! :jaw:

glenpreece
04-30-2007, 09:58 AM
On my recent trip in Jan all the Philharmagic merch is all Donald related now. Before it was about all the characters but not now. Donald hats, bags, towels, plush, figures, ornaments, clothes, underwear. I too like Donald (not as much as you guys I am sure) but I was disappointed to see it all Donald not the mix of characters from the movie. Thank God there was no pirates stuff though.

DDuck66
05-02-2007, 08:50 AM
That would be fantastic. I usually have to comb through every store in the four parks to get my quota of Donald merchandise. I have an entire room dedicated to him in our house. Everything from stuffed animals, pins, artwork, and of course one of the big statues. I really need some Donald desk accessories for my desk at work???:donald: :donald: :donald:

T-Belle
05-04-2007, 11:04 AM
I agree and while they're at it please add more Dumbo.:dumbo: My DD's favorite!

HereWeGO
05-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Its true they have Donald stuff in the Philharmagic shop, but most of it is some statement about being grumpy or ill-tempered, especially on the clothes. It'd be great I could buy something that showed my appreciation of Mr.Duck without telling the world that I'm a miserable, angry morning-hater.
Which I'm not.:mickey:

dtootsie42
05-12-2007, 12:35 AM
I would love to see a Donald shop. My hubby is a Donald fan and some of his shirts that I managed to get years ago are starting to look a little worn. I would love to get him some new items. He said he sometimes feels a little cheated because it is hard to find what he wants. :donald:

kmo84
05-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Hear hear!!:donald:

And I AM a miserable morning hater! :laughing:

DizneyRox
05-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Wouldn't be so bad to remove some of the Pooh and Stitch stuff to make room for the other characters.

Gator
05-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Wouldn't be so bad to remove some of the Pooh and Stitch stuff to make room for the other characters.

This is the point I was hoping to hear. Sure, kids are the ones who buy Disney characters. But Donald is more of the adult Disney guy (at least for me). They would do well to remove a little of the Pixar and Pooh stuff and replace it with Donald.

Polynesian Dweller
05-16-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm old enough to remember when Donald was the kids choice. But I agree, I would like to see more Donald. He seems to be the one classic character that's been a bit left behind. Philharmagic is a start but bring on more classic Donald and a little less Pirates and Pooh.

snifflesmcg
05-16-2007, 02:55 PM
I have to agree that with all the Pixar films and Pirates, the old classics are just not there. I wish they would infuse more classics into theming and shops and cut down on the "new" films a bit. Dumbo, Pinocchio, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, The Jungle book and Chip and Dale seems to almost be completely fazed out.

Hayden's Dad
05-16-2007, 03:24 PM
We just bought two "rubber" donald ducks from the Philharmagic store. My DW collects rubber ducks and these were just perfect.

LoriMistress
05-16-2007, 08:25 PM
That would be lovely, but they will never do that. Any character that is getting more reconition than Mickey Mouse--they put less merchandise for the other character so the guests can remember the "real icon." There is rarely any decent Donald Duck merchandise...even the Mickey's Philarmagic store has barely any Donald Duck merchandise.

Ten of Hearts
05-16-2007, 11:55 PM
I just love Donald. They could have more DD mdse. in the shops definitely!

TheDuckRocks
05-17-2007, 09:40 AM
I would also love to see more Donald merchandise.:donald: I have been wearing the same Donald watch for the past 20 some years and would love to get a new one in case the one I have wears out.:( Mine has moving wings to tell the time and I haven't seen one that does that in a long time.
For all of you who really love The Duck you might be interested in seeing "Walt Disney Treasures - The Chronological Donald Duck", Volume 1 is from 1934 to 1941 and Volume 2 covers 1941 to 1946. Leonard Maltin is the narrator. I was able to get them from Netflix and they have have them for sell at Amazon (use the link here on Intercot and they'll get credit for your purchase).
According to the flim Donald was created because they had The Big Cheese be mean in a movie and the fans had a fit. So Donald was from then on the character who showed "a temper". In some of the old cartoons he really gets pretty violent and you are warned about his behavior before they show them.
I've always loved Donald in part because he's the only one with a worst temper than mine.:D