PDA

View Full Version : Pogo and Patti's Day Five.

pogo
04-26-2007, 06:57 PM
2007 Disney Trip, Day Five, April 23rd.

Cast: Pogo: 10 year old Boy in a 56 year old Man’s body.
DW: Very Patient Wife who enjoys Disney !

Supporting Cast: Natazu and Sagessa

Reason: Celebrating our Fifth Anniversary and
Intercot Mini Meet !

Today was another day I had been looking forward too. We were going to Epcot again, but this time we were going to see “The Box Tops” perform at the American Garden Theater.

We arrived at Epcot at about 11:00. First, we went on Spaceship Earth as it is still one of our favorites at WDW. Then we walked over to Test Track to get our Fast Passes.

When we were walking out of Test Track we were stopped by a nice lady asking us if we’d like to take part in a survey about Test Track because they were looking to make improvements in it. She said it would take about an hour and a half, but only one of us could do it and they would pay $100 for the survey. We asked if we could talk it over and she said, “sure”.

Patti said I should do it but we were there on our anniversary trip and I didn’t want to be without her for an hour and a half and after a brief discussion we returned to the lady and said no thank you. I don’t think she expected that answer as she just said, ”wow, not many guys would turn this offer down. You have a keeper there.” Patti said, “I know.”;)

Next it was back to the other side of Future World and into Innovations and Image Works where much to our surprise we found a room that had a sign “For Disney Visa Card Holders Only”. So we decided to check it out and get in line. We waited about five minutes and then it was our turn to enter the room after I showed my card. Much to our surprise, there was Mickey, Minnie and Goofy waiting to have their picture taken with Patti and me. This was a wonderful surprise and a picture we’ll cherish forever.:cloud9:

Patti and Jenn talked about the Garden Grill the other night and Patti said she would like to eat there sometime so we swung in there to see if maybe we could get in there a little later. The CM said, ”sorry, we are all booked up.” Patti was disappointed but said maybe next trip we could make an ADR.:( I agreed.

Then we rode Figment and went to “Honey I Shrunk the Audience”, before returning to Test Track and our ride around the track.

We completed our test drive and headed to World Showcase stopping to ride Maelstrom. We even watched the movie this time. We got to China just in time to see the last acrobatic move. We are always walking up at the end of the show instead of the beginning.

We walked through Germany and stopped at the wine shop to buy a couple of glasses of Riesling. We took it out by the lake and found a bench to sit on and enjoy the wine while we watched the boats go around the lake and absorbed some more sun. Mmmm, it was good.

Now it was time to see “The Box Tops” perform at the first show and boy, were we disappointed !:humph: They sounded flat and lead singer acted like he might have had something up his nose earlier, if you know what I mean.

We stopped by a DVC information center and made an appointment for the next day. We thought it was about time to see if it was right for us. With the appointment made for 9:40 the next morning, we were on our way.

We visited Morocco and watched the Belly Dancer. She was good, but not as good as the last one they had there. I tried to get Patti to buy a little dancing outfit but she vetoed that idea.very quickly.

I suggested another “Disney Cruise” across the lagoon and we rode across and enjoyed the views of the World Showcase from the water.

We walked through the rose gardens and I suggested we stop for a bathroom break in the Land. While Patti was in the ladies room I stopped back to the Garden Grill and said to the CM, “maybe you could help me. We are on our anniversary trip and I forgot to make ADR’s for the Garden Grill and my wife is so disappointed. Would it be possible to squeeze us in” ? The CM smiled and said,” Let me see what I can do for you,” and gave me a vibrator.

When Patti found out what I had done she was a happy camper. About ten minutes later we were sitting and the waitress was taking our drink order. We enjoyed the food very much and we got to meet Chip, Dale, Mickey and Pluto while we ate.

After we finished dinner, we decided to skip Illuminations and go back to the resort to avoid the crowd on the bus and this was a good call. We were really tired and decided to lay low for the rest of the night until my cell phone rang and it was Natazu wanting to know if we wanted to go play Mini Golf with him and Rachel and we said sure. They picked us up and we had a ball. Another fun filled night with good friends. We didn’t get back until after midnight, but what the heck, we loved being with them.

When we returned to the room, we had a message from Mickey’sGirl saying they tried to find us at Epcot and they wanted to get together before we left the next day. She said to call their room when we got in the next day and maybe we could get together for lunch before we got on ME. She said they would be back to POFQ before 12:30 the latest.

Tomorrow: Our DVC Tour and our return home.:D

January-2007
04-26-2007, 07:18 PM
How nice that they were able to squeeze you in at the Garden Grill! I am enjoying your trip reports, thank you for sharing your vacation with us! :mickey:

MissStyles
04-26-2007, 09:21 PM
That is TOO cool about the Garden Grill!!!!! You guys are really living it up!

Caroleh
04-26-2007, 09:37 PM
That's great about Garden Grill!!! You and Patti sound like a great couple...a couple of newlyweds, eh? Too bad the concert wasn't all that you hoped for. My DH may be getting stuck buying that belly dancing outfit!!!

BTW, your reports are fanastic!!!

tron80
04-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Wow,congrats on the Garden Grill..score! But I gotta wonder on what that survey was about..someone giving $100 for free in WDW is like...boy I can't describe it and I understand why you guys turned it down. I am enjoying reading your reports. :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
04-27-2007, 01:34 AM
Sounds like another fun day! Good job on turning down the survey!! Time with the wife is much more important than $100!! I still haven't had the chance to play mini-golf at WDW and to play it with friends....that would be so much fun!!

Christine
04-27-2007, 02:01 AM
My goodness, Pogo, how many brownie points does this make so far this trip??? The carriage ride, turning down the $100 survey, Garden Grill...

Patti is a lucky lady!

Jimenyfan
04-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Pogo you are a kepper. The carriage ride, being able to take Patti to the garden grill wine by the seven seas lagoon. Sorry Patti didnt want the cute little outfit. Your reports are a great read.

disneydrmr
04-27-2007, 08:51 AM
My goodness, Pogo, how many brownie points does this make so far this trip??? The carriage ride, turning down the $100 survey, Garden Grill...

Patti is a lucky lady!

:ditto: I'm so impressed! I'm sure a lot of the single ladies here on Intercot will be emailing you to see if you have a twin brother! :D ;) You guys have had a magical trip! These memories will last you a lifetime!

faline
04-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Congrats on getting into the Garden Grill Restaurant! What a nice surprise for your wife!

offwego
04-27-2007, 09:20 AM
What a lovely surprise for your wife! And an all around nice day.

magicman
04-27-2007, 11:27 AM
I can't help but be curious what the Test Track survey would have been like, but you made the right decision since you both couldn't participate.

I bet Captain Jack Sparrow could have talked Patti into getting a little belly-dancing outfit.;)

The mini-golf always sounds fun. Was it something that you recommend?

It sounds like you're having a great time. I'm really enjoying hearing about it.

DizNee143
04-27-2007, 01:28 PM
yet another great day!! and go you!! for getting into the Garden Grill!!..:mickey:

Dsnygirl
04-29-2007, 10:21 AM
:mickey: Pogo, you're awesome - how nice that you did that for Patti @ The Garden Grill! I'll repeat what the lady outside of the Test Track - she's got a keeper. Glad to know we're "neighbors" of such fine folks!! :D Sounds like you guys had a great time today - looking forward to trying the Reisling myself!! :)

imaprincess!
04-29-2007, 10:54 AM
You must be a real gem! Thanks for another fun day!

pdrlkr
04-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mm59
04-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the report.:mickey:

Bethis26fan
04-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks for sharing.

sleepingbooty
04-30-2007, 10:49 AM
What a sweet hubby you are - Patti's a very lucky lady! Thanks for sharing your day:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
04-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Other than your disappointment with the performance -- it sounds like you had another stellar day! I am so glad you enjoyed the Garden Grill -- It is great fun, and the food is good. Did they serve Possum? ;)

MickeyandTink
04-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Sounds like you all are having a great time. However, my DW :tink: would probably be very unhappy with me for turning down the $100.:doh:

That would make a down payment on the next trip.:thumbsup:

Natazu
05-03-2007, 03:34 AM
Other than your disappointment with the performance -- it sounds like you had another stellar day! I am so glad you enjoyed the Garden Grill -- It is great fun, and the food is good. Did they serve Possum? ;)

No, but they do have the berry tart he mentioned.

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 12:11 PM
That was so nice that you got into the Garden Grill. You two are very lucky. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

TKDisneylover
05-06-2007, 11:07 AM
What luck you had with the Garden Grill, and those Annivesary Pins really do help don't they? DH & I will be celebrating 20 years when we go in December, I will be sure to pick up some pins when we arrive. Thanks for sharing another great day, sad to hear that tomorrow is your last day.

Bethanymouse
05-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Boy you had a busy day! I am so glad that they were able to squeeze you into the Garden Grill. I know Patti must have loved that! Thank you so much for sharing your day with us! I love reading all about your trip!:thumbsup:

pogo
05-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Sounds like you all are having a great time. However, my DW :tink: would probably be very unhappy with me for turning down the $100.:doh:
That would make a down payment on the next trip.:thumbsup:You know..... the older you get, the more you realize there are more impotortant things in life than money !

That was so nice that you got into the Garden Grill. You two are very lucky. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup: Very lucky, indeed !;)

What luck you had with the Garden Grill, and those Annivesary Pins really do help don't they? DH & I will be celebrating 20 years when we go in December, I will be sure to pick up some pins when we arrive. Thanks for sharing another great day, sad to hear that tomorrow is your last day.Get them every time and start a collection !:D

Boy you had a busy day! I am so glad that they were able to squeeze you into the Garden Grill. I know Patti must have loved that! Thank you so much for sharing your day with us! I love reading all about your trip!:thumbsup:Thank you for all your kind words, Beth. :D