PDA

View Full Version : Pogo and Patti's Day Four

pogo
04-26-2007, 02:50 PM
2007 Disney Trip, Day Four, April 22nd.

Cast: Pogo: 10 year old Boy in a 56 year old Man’s body.
DW: Very Patient Wife who enjoys Disney !
Reason: Celebrating our Fifth Anniversary and
Intercot Mini Meet !

Today was the big day for all Intercotee’s to meet at MK and I’m afraid we will have to wait on the Mini Meet Report. We agreed to wait until Saturday or Sunday and have everybody contribute to it from their point of view, so this Day Four Report will have everything except the meet.

:sorry:

Patti and I had a good night’s sleep but we were still a little tired from yesterday’s bus fiasco. Still, we were up and at’em by around 9:30.

Now everyone that knows me will tell you that I become a complete kid when I walk down “Main Street” at MK and this year was no exception. You couldn’t have punched the smile from my face if you’d tried.:D

We walked to the Castle and saw the last minute of the show there and we turned towards Adventureland to take in all the things we’d missed the four times we had been there before.

We walked by the Jungle Cruise so we’d know where to meet everyone after Spectro Magic that night. Then it was to POC and our first ride since the rehab. WDW did a great job with the rehab and we enjoyed it very much. Patti really enjoyed seeing Jack Sparrow. Hmmm….. I didn’t know she was such a fan.

We took off towards Frontierland and wanted to eat lunch at Pecos Bills but it was way too busy at 12:30. So we walked from Liberty Square to Tomorrowland passing the Castle once more. We decided to stop and get a hotdog and chips at the hot dog cart near Indy and grabbed a table of to the side to people watch while we ate.

It was time to tackle the Laugh Floor Comedy Club and I was really glad we did this. This is a very funny show with the character interaction, much like Turtle Talk. We laughed at all the jokes. Then, wouldn’t you know it; I made the big screen as the Stinky Guy ! :rub: Five times my face was up there and boy, did we laugh about that, especially Patti.

We were meeting Natazu and Sagessa for cocktails at the Grand Floridian at 5:00 PM and CanadianWDWFan and Mickey’sGirl were joining us, so we walked out to grab the boat to GF. On the way we passed a saxophone quartet with a barbershop quartet so we stopped to listen to them perform four or five songs. They were very good.
I love the boat that goes between MK, GF and the Poly. I always tell Patti, “I just took you on another Disney Cruise.” ;)

We got to GF with plenty of time to spare so we sat and listened to the orchestra play and bided our time until everyone arrived. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed a frozen :marg: margarita together as we got to know each other. We sat and talked for about an hour and a half and then Jym and Rachel’s ADR was ready at Citrico’s so Patti and I took another Disney Cruise back to MK while Brian, Jenn and the kids rode the monorail.

Patti and I went right to Pecos Bills and had burgers and fries with loads of toppings, again made into a small salad.

After Pecos Bills we visited Ye Old Christmas Shoppe to purchase our Disney Christmas tree ornament for this year and we also picked up one for the young couple that lives next door to us and were picking up our mail for us. I like the fact that we can buy things at WDW and have them shipped to our resort.

Next up, we walked to “Main Street” and loitered a while and then back to Frontierland to watch Spectromagic. After the parade we were to meet the gang in front of the Jungle Cruise, which we did.

After the Mini Meet, Jym Rachel, Patti and I walked over the Laugh Floor Comedy Club where Rachel made the big screen. We left MK at around 1:15 AM (EMH) and Jym gave us a ride back to POFQ. There is a little story in the Dining Forum about that experience. You can read the mostly fictional story here: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103070

This was the best day I’ve ever had at WDW ! We all laughed until our sides hurt. We made lots of new friends that we will love for the rest of our lives. As Patti and I drifted off to sleep, I couldn’t help but think just how lucky I am for all the blessings in my life. :D

offwego
04-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Aside from not having the meet information (patience not being one of the virtue's I've been blessed with) this was a fantastic day!!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it and laughed so much. What a wonderful sound to celebrate too!

Thanks for sharing it with us.:mickey: :mickey:

mm59
04-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks again for your trip report. Just shows you that us young guys:thumbsup: can still have fun.:party:

disneydrmr
04-26-2007, 04:58 PM
What another wonderful day! Thanks for sharing! So glad you guys are having such a wonderful trip and making so many new friends!

MissStyles
04-26-2007, 09:16 PM
I can feel the magic of the MK coming through from your trip report!!! :magic:

Caroleh
04-26-2007, 09:29 PM
I can feel the magic of the MK coming through from your trip report!!! :magic:

I was thinking the same thing!!!! I'm glad you met so many new INTERCOT friends. It sounds like it made the trip even more enjoyable.

HndrdPrcnt
04-27-2007, 01:28 AM
That sounds like a wonderful day and I can't wait to hear more about the mini-meet. I would love the opportunity to meet you and your lovely bride as well as Jym and Rachel and then there is Jenn & Euan who I have yet to meet as well!!:thumbsup:

Christine
04-27-2007, 01:55 AM
What a spectacular day! You are still on :cloud9: I can tell!

Jimenyfan
04-27-2007, 07:11 AM
What a great day, you sound almost giddy describing it. No wonder you are always on:cloud9: Seriously, you can read the excitement in your post and the love you have for Patti shines through so brightly. Once again it has been proven to me that Intercot has some really first rate people.

Amy

faline
04-27-2007, 09:09 AM
You really are having such a fun trip! I'm really enjoying your reports! Can't wait to hear the details of the meet!

magicman
04-27-2007, 10:54 AM
This was the best day I’ve ever had at WDW !

Stinky,

Best day ever at WDW...that's a bold statement.

The Laugh Floor sounds like a great time. I think Turtle Talk is so popular because of the interactive nature of the show. Put that with even more humor, and I think it's going to be great to see.

So your wife was gawking at Jack Sparrow...it sounds like the romantic carriage ride you took her on a couple of days ago carried a lot of weight.;)

Stinky, Your reports are great. Thanks.:thumbsup:

DizNee143
04-27-2007, 12:57 PM
sounds like a great day at the Magic Kingdom...cant wait to read all about the mini meet you guys had!!! and im gonna have to go check out the thread in dining you talked about...:mickey:

Dsnygirl
04-29-2007, 10:16 AM
:mickey: Pogo, I am just loving your trip reports... today sounds like the best day. I can't wait to visit all the new places you went to - we haven't been there yet for the refurb's and the new shows, either. I love taking the boat, too - it's such a relaxing break!! I'm so glad you had such a great day - looking forward to reading on about tomorrow!

imaprincess!
04-29-2007, 10:49 AM
:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
04-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks for sharing.

sleepingbooty
04-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Well, I guess I'll have to pop on over to the Mini Meet thread - you left us hangin' !;)

Mickey'sGirl
04-30-2007, 12:59 PM
What a great day, you sound almost giddy describing it. No wonder you are always on:cloud9: Seriously, you can read the excitement in your post and the love you have for Patti shines through so brightly. Once again it has been proven to me that Intercot has some really first rate people.

Amy Patti is really lovely, Amy. I can see why Pogo is so :heart: about her!
Two cruises in one day!!! Way to go big spender!! Thanks for sharing the day! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks for sharing your great day:thumbsup:

Natazu
05-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Patti is really lovely, Amy. I can see why Pogo is so :heart: about her!
They're both great people and fun to be around. And you should see 'em eat possum.

TKDisneylover
05-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Another great day meeting new people and enjoying the magic of the World. What's up for day 5? Thanks again!:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
05-07-2007, 06:56 AM
What a fabulous day. It sounds like you took the time out to enjoy all the little things disney has to offer. I am glad that you made some great friends!:mickey:

pogo
05-07-2007, 07:24 AM
They're both great people and fun to be around. And you should see 'em eat possum. Thanks Jym ! The possum was great !

:mickey: Pogo, I am just loving your trip reports... today sounds like the best day. I can't wait to visit all the new places you went to - we haven't been there yet for the refurb's and the new shows, either. I love taking the boat, too - it's such a relaxing break!! I'm so glad you had such a great day - looking forward to reading on about tomorrow! I wish you were with us Blythe..... we did have a lot of fun !

Best day ever at WDW...that's a bold statement.
Bold statement or not, it was the best day I've ever had at WDW for sure.

AmyThanks for the kind words Amy.

What a spectacular day! You are still on :cloud9: I can tell!Thanks Christine. I'm still high from this trip today. Every time I read a reply I relive the experience and it makes me smile. :D

I was thinking the same thing!!!! I'm glad you met so many new INTERCOT friends. It sounds like it made the trip even more enjoyable.Yes, Buddy..... meeting these friends did make the trip more enjoyable. I can't wait to meet you and soome more of my Intercot friends on our next trip. :D

Thanks again for your trip report. Just shows you that us young guys:thumbsup: can still have fun.:party: Rock on, Dude !:D