PDA

View Full Version : When do you go?

angedeaile
04-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I have noticed alot of folks are planning on going to WDW either in Aug/Sept for the free Dining or Nov/Dec for the Holidays.

Anywho, it left me pretty curious about what month most Intercotees go and if they actually go during these times more than any other months.

I have heard different things on different posts, but I thought a good ole poll would better show the numbers. So vote!

Which month are you going in 07-08?

If you aren't going anytime soon, what month do you usually go?

Pipalotta
04-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Ive been twice and once was January and once was February. Our 2008 trip is planned for January. We would rather have the chance of being cold than sweating to death. Shorter lines are nice as well. And we dont have to worry about hurricane season.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-26-2007, 02:25 PM
We started going in August for our Honeymoon, and first anniversary. We actually find that it works well, lines are fairly short, we don't have to take DD out of school, and it is a great way to end the summer.

We're going in May next year, for DD's 10th birthday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we have as good a trip as we do in August.

tink2006
04-26-2007, 03:05 PM
We have gone May thru September in the past. We have never gone during the colder months. Our best trip was in September(before we had to worry about school) - no lines and warm weather. However, we have not been able to go since kids are in school. Our most trying trip was at the beginning of July - too crowded for us. We have decided the first week of August fits in our schedule nicely. Some of the Florida schools have started classes therefore it is not so crowded. The only problem is we cannot take advantage of the free dinning :( We are going the first week in August :D

Darbylew
04-26-2007, 03:11 PM
We go three times a year. We go in October,
end of Feburary and the last of May. Sometimes
we go at Christmas time. We love MNNSHP,
wine and food festival, flower and garden
festival at Epcot and then star wars weekends
at MGM. Of course Christmas is very special.
We can hardly take it all in..........:mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK
MAY 29! :D

threeh
04-26-2007, 04:48 PM
This would have been our 4th year going in September. Instead we decided to make a BIG move across the state of PA. We are going to move our trip to winter 08.

Happy planning!!!

vizsla
04-26-2007, 06:22 PM
We usually go in Oct. for the MNSSHP, but this year we had to make a change in our plans so we are going for Thanksgiving.

January-2007
04-26-2007, 07:33 PM
We don't really have "a time" we go. I was thinking about it a few weeks ago and it's funny because so far I've been twice in January, twice in May (as of this upcoming May trip), twice in August, and twice in October. We're testing the waters in September this year so we could participate in the Free Dining Plan. After this year with so many trips during totally different seasons maybe be will know what our "time" is. Or maybe we'll just keep playing it by ear. Next time we start planning, a few years down the line, I want to go for Christmas, for sure! Early December would be great. I just love Christmas! :mickey:

SBETigg
04-26-2007, 07:41 PM
We've gone in April, August, October, and November. Our best trip as far as low crowds was in mid-November 2001. Our most crowded was August, but that's when we're going again this year due to school schedules.

rt207
04-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Well, I've been in June (after last year, I'm so OVER going in the summer months), October (loved it), November (loved it), December (adore it). I'm currently going through a serious withdrawal and a lot depends on when my adoption is complete, but the next trip may be in Jan/Feb...

TikiGoddess
04-26-2007, 08:14 PM
See my signature for our visits...

My favorite visits have been in May. Lower crowds, beautiful weather...

TikiG

Dsnygirl
04-26-2007, 09:52 PM
:mickey: We're new into going as a family, and went last May for the first time with our DD's. (Before our kids, we went a few times in April and August - rainy in April, HOT in August!) It was a great time of year. This year, my DH and I are going alone for I'cot's anniv., so we'll get to experience October for the first time. Next year, we plan on going the end of Nov/early Dec for Christmas... I think that'll be wonderful, too! (Not that any time at Disney wouldn't be... :D )

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-26-2007, 10:04 PM
September is our favorite time to go!! :thumbsup:

alicia524luvstw
04-27-2007, 05:57 AM
I go whenever I can! I try different times of the year hoping for a less crowded time. However, I won't go in March anymore. Too cold. We travel from the Northeast and its freezing up here. I want the hot weather.

pogo
04-27-2007, 07:17 AM
We love going at the end of April or early May. The crowds are not bad and the weather is great with temps in the mid 80's and we've never been rained on at WDW. :D

kakn7294
04-27-2007, 09:34 AM
We've been in May, July, August, September, and December. My favorite was September - we really lucked out with the weather on that trip. This year we're going back in August to avoid pulling the girls out of school again.

WDWfeelslikehome
04-27-2007, 09:36 AM
We go in late June/early July, because that is when work allows it. Our other time is around Christmas.

Figgyluv03
04-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Although it wasn't an option, I like September/October! The weather is prefect and there aren't as many crowds.

BMan62
04-27-2007, 12:36 PM
We made one mid-February trip, and will not do it again. Our time for Disney is Last Week of Sept. into the First Week of Oct. - we may have to bump that up a week due to F&WF opening earlier every year, but we want to get in just before that opens - low crowds, great weather!!!

DizNee143
04-27-2007, 02:00 PM
this year im going in Nov...but thats only cuz we have to go to a wedding...otherwise my favorite time to go to Disney is in January!!! its the absolute greatest time to go!!!:mickey:

DisneyCastle
04-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Tonight, April 27th!!!! Leaving for the airport in another hour for an 8 day stay at the Poly......Just checking the boards for some last minute advice about pin collecting that my daughter wants to do.

Aloha!

Kate In Wonderland
04-27-2007, 04:03 PM
When I was younger, my parents and I would always go from the day after Christmas until the day after New Years.

Now that I'm married though, my husband and I usually go in May for our anniversary (and we went there for our honeymoon too!). We're leaving in 22 days for our next trip. Can't wait!

GrmGrninGost
04-29-2007, 05:32 PM
I love WDW in the fall! Sept. or Oct. are great! Really love the MNSSHP!:mickey:

ihavealipfreckle
04-29-2007, 11:21 PM
We usually go in May, and it's amazing! We did have to take my younger sister out of HS but she didn't mind. Now that she is in college we can leave the monday after finals. The weather is GREAT and the lines are SHORT. We've even heard CMs say that May has a very low attendance and is one of the best times to go. :secret:

HndrdPrcnt
04-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Let me just say two words.......FREE DINING!!:thumbsup:

SallyfromDE
04-30-2007, 10:07 AM
It's getting hard for us to find a time to go. I work in retail, so Nov, Dec and Jan are out for me. I've gone twice in July and I have no idea why I went back for a second trip. I can not stand the extreme heat. It really affects my sinus and asthma. So now summer is out. I've gone many times in the April/May and it was excellent. But on the busy side. Loved going the end of October, would get nice and rested for the busy holiday. But work cut that out as it's too close to Xmas. So I've moved to Sept, and love that time. So far I've had good weather (which is why I've avoided it in the past). But now the little one starts 1st grade. As long as she does well in school, we might stick with that. Otherwise, I've no clue what we can do. Oh, we've been Easter and it was the best trip we ever had!!! But we stayed at SoG with my BIL, other wise, I'm out priced.

RAIDER
05-01-2007, 08:06 AM
December for me as its the best time to go :santa3: :santa2: :tree: :santa: :snowman:

DestinationWDW
05-03-2007, 07:47 PM
My DH and I spent our honeymoon at WDW in October 1993. Since then, all of our trips have been in October until 2006. Children getting too old to miss school....:( Almost needed therapy last year missing MNSSHP!!! Went in December last year and got to experience Christmas. We enjoyed it very much, but not as much as Halloween! This year trying 1st week of August (got free dining when we booked our trip before we checked out during December trip). Won't interfere with school but I am already dreading the heat :thedolls: and humidity!!! Guess I'll just chill out and relax with :marg: knowing at least my dinner is on Mickey!

Tink#64
05-04-2007, 10:03 PM
We've only gone in May - & we love it then. But we've heard so many people talk about October, that we're considering trying for a fall trip!?

:tink:

disneygecko
05-05-2007, 03:46 PM
We usually try to go in January. At that time of the year the weather is not that bad and crowds are down to a low. The only thing I don't like about going in January is that it is usually when many attractions are closed for renovations. I like going other times of the year though.

Mickey91
05-07-2007, 09:53 AM
We have been any where from June thru Dec. Our most relaxed and enjoyable trips have been in September.

crazypoohbear
05-07-2007, 07:18 PM
I've gone in March, July, August, December
I really liked it in December, very low crowds, comfy weather and the Christmas decorations!!!!
But, because of free dining we went last year in August and are going again this August.
Went over the 4th of July once..... will NEVER do that again

2Epcot
05-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I've been many differnt times duing the year, but I guess I enjoy going mostly in the early spring, or around October or November.

pook@wdw
05-07-2007, 07:31 PM
We usually go in Oct. as that is when our DD has her fall break from school. That is also the time for the Food & Wine Festival. And we Love it then. The crowds aren't too bad, the weather is a little nicer, and we love the MNNSHP. And we get an opportunity to eat our way "around the World"!