PDA

View Full Version : Having a bad day

Figgyluv03
04-26-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm just feeling a little down in the dumps! I've been out of high school for about 7 years now, and I feel like the stupid drama is following me. No one can seem to leave me alone and let me be happy. ARGH!!!:mad:

Marker
04-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Well, I've been out of high school for 30 years.

If drama follows you, it's likely that you are allowing it to.

You've probably heard it before but, you have no control over what other people do, say, or think. But you DO have control over what YOU do, say, and think.

It may sound easier said than done, but just say NO. If it's none of your business, the let it alone. If it's none of their business, then tell them so, and let it go.

But your response is your own choice.

But that's just my opinion.... and I'm old so what do I know.

January-2007
04-26-2007, 01:16 PM
:pixie: Hope your day gets better.

aprilisis
04-26-2007, 03:12 PM
I am right there with you- not about the drama, but just feeling sad in general. I have been down for a while now & can't seem to shake it.
Here's some :pixie: :pixie: to make your day a little better.

AvaNellMouse
04-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Maybe it's the weather???
Hang in there! It seems like things are sort of rotten for everyone right now. Maybe May will bring better mojo for all of us!

pogo
04-26-2007, 11:10 PM
I think you better hurry up and plan a trip to WDW. :D

mrsgaribaldi
04-27-2007, 08:35 AM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: feel better:mickey:

jacknsally02
04-28-2007, 09:08 AM
I remember that my 20's were hard with my old friends, I'm in 30's now. I think you start to grow and drift apart a bit, some grow up, some don't, different stages of life etc.. Sorry you're going through it, I really do remember. I think it all sorts itself out with time. Some friends I kept because they could grow with me, some not, also follow your insticts and interests and find a few new ones as well.

imaprincess!
04-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Chin up, pup! :dog: Time is on your side (take it from me -- my 40th birthday is coming up and I could swear I just graduated!). I don't know exactly what the drama is you mention, but focus on you; don't worry about petty high-school-ishness.

If this is just an I-feel-down-because-it's-been-raining-for-a-week, do something nice for yourself. If this is a longstanding 'bout of the blues, talk to someone who has a sympathetic ear.

If you feel lost, like you're not sure what you're supposed to be doing now that you're out of high school, go to your local community college and talk to one of their counselors. They usually have programs that can help you find your niche.

Good luck to you and keep posting to let us know how you're doing! :heart:

SandmanGStefani24
04-30-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm just feeling a little down in the dumps! I've been out of high school for about 7 years now, and I feel like the stupid drama is following me. No one can seem to leave me alone and let me be happy. ARGH!!!:mad:

well, I'm very close in age and know what you're going through. my "space" online has brought some of those things near me again, but thankfully I have separated myself from all that 'drama'. Isn't it funny how some people never "go anywhere" and are kinda stuck back where you left them? I can say the space has done wonders for my self-esteem. I left home, when to school, got a great career and a great life going and they are still living at home, worring about high-school type things. It sounds like you are already way ahead of those you mentioned, and as long as you can see that, you have already left it behind. Sometimes all you need to do is take a look behind to see how far you've gone. :marg:
Have a great day!

Figgyluv03
04-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm feeling a little bit better now. I think a lot had to do with the rainy weather we were having and the fact that a lot of stuff came crashing down on me at once! Although it wasn't the best weekend, I did have a pretty good one. Just turned on some good upbeat tunes and did what I wanted to do with no one my back!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Glad to hear things are looking up.
I too was thinking the weather could be partly to blame. It may be that you suffer from SAD. This is caused in part by a lack of vitamin D, which you get from sun light. It might be worth talking to your doctor about. I know the winters in the North are hard on me, but I rely on Light Therapy. (Simulated sunlight).
Good luck and don't let others get you down.

DisneyDog
04-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I've recently been invited to my 20th high school reunion. The information came via an email. I read all of the names the message went to and decided that I could really care less about 99% of the folks on that list. I contacted an old friend, who is also not planning on going, and we're going to get together for lunch in a few weeks. I haven't seen her in 15 years and I'm excited about seeing her.

The trick is to really decide what you want out of life and who you want IN your life. You aren't forced to see high school classmates everyday anymore, so it's up to you where you go from here.:D