PDA

View Full Version : Pogo and Patti's Day Three

pogo
04-26-2007, 12:41 PM
2007 Disney Trip, Day Three, April 21st.

Cast: Pogo: 10 year old Boy in a 56 year old Man’s body.
DW: Very Patient Wife who enjoys Disney !
Reason: Celebrating our Fifth anniversary and
Intercot Mini Meet !

We slept in again today, had our coffee and headed to MGM, Disney Studios. We were held up by the High School Musical thing and stopped to watch it. It was O.K. but I’m glad I wasn’t in a hurry.

While standing there watching it I felt a little hand grab my hand and looked down to see the most precious little girl holding my hand. Her mother was on the other side of her holding her other hand and when she realized what her daughter was doing she started to laugh and tell her not to hold my hand, but little Madison insisted and I loved it. We talked a little during the show and Madison’s mother said she had made a lot of friends at WDW and I could see why. I regret that we did not get a picture of her and we never saw her again during our trip.

Note to Madison’s Mom………. If you are reading this please PM me.

We walked over to the Writers Stop to buy a cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin and went over to Streets of America and found a bench to eat, drink and people watch.

We wanted to see Journey to Narnia to see if they had done a rehab, but we were still disappointed with it. It should be given more attention.

We visited The Magic of Animation and Walt Disney, One Man’s Dream and enjoyed both very much.

It was time for an early lunch so we walked back to the Backlot Express for my favorite lunch. We had the Pulled Pork Sub with potato chips and Diet Coke. We sat out in the sun and it felt so good.

Next we rode the Great Movie Ride and met a family from Webster NY, which is a suburb of Rochester and gave them some tips on what to see and where to eat and we quickly made new friends.

We decided to go back to the resort to freshen up for our dinner at Hoop Dee Doo. I booked the 5:00 PM Show so we’d be there with a lot of kids and have a little extra entertainment and it worked.:thumbsup:

We took the bus to MK and hopped the boat to Ft. Wilderness for the show arriving about a half an hour early so we walked around and looked the grounds over just enjoying the warm sun.

When we checked in for the show we were taken to table 21 on the floor, two rows from the stage and on stage left. And soon the food began to arrive. Our server was very good and took our drink order :beer: and delivered it promptly. The food was a lot better than what we had last year at the Luau and so was the show. We loved this and we will do it again on our next vacation. See….. we are planning it already !;)

After the show we hopped a boat to the Contemporary and waited for the bus to MGM for twenty minutes. We said the heck with it and jumped on the Monorail to the TTC and graded a bus to MGM and headed for the 8:30 showing of Fantasmic, only to find out it was standing room only. Well we stood and watched the show which we loved as usual and after it was over we left with the huge crowd headed down Sunset Boulevard.

We didn’t want to fight the crowd to the bus so we decided to walk to Muppet Vision 3 D and we laughed at it with about thirty or forty others. We decided to call it a night because the next day was a long one with MK and our Intercot Mini Meet scheduled.

When we got down to where we’d catch the bus for POFQ the line was about eight to ten bus loads deep so we decided to get on the bus for the Poly instead. We arrived at the Poly and made the mistake of walking to the TTC for a bus to POFQ :doh: and had to walk back and catch the bus from the Poly to DTD, and then wait for the bus for POFQ.
Our total travel time for that was from 10:25 until we arrived at POFQ was 12:30 AM.

All in all it was a great day. The highlight of today had to be the sweet little Madison holding my hand. :D

Christine
04-26-2007, 01:12 PM
That is so sweet about little Madison! What a memorable moment. She must have been "feeling the love" down there in Disney!

And I had to chuckle about your long ride home! Did the hoop de doo :beer: take you for a loop de loo? :D

Nascfan
04-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Pogo, you made my lunch break with your reports! Thanks for taking us along, I can't wait to read the rest of the days. I only know Brian and Jenn from Intercot, but would love to meet them in person, moreso after your reports.

Sounds like a wonderful trip! :thumbsup: :mickey:

offwego
04-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Sounds like a pretty neat day. Glad you enjoyed Hoop De Do.

That's funny about your longer then wanted bus ride. Thank you so much for the lovely story about Madison.

pogo
04-26-2007, 01:32 PM
That is so sweet about little Madison! What a memorable moment. She must have been "feeling the love" down there in Disney!

And I had to chuckle about your long ride home! Did the hoop de doo :beer: take you for a loop de loo? :DThat might have been the problem, Christine ! :D

Pogo, you made my lunch break with your reports! Thanks for taking us along, I can't wait to read the rest of the days. I only know Brian and Jenn from Intercot, but would love to meet them in person, moreso after your reports.

Sounds like a wonderful trip! :thumbsup: :mickey:
Thanks for the kind words Scott. Brian and Jenn are very good people. We've really enjoyed meeting them. There will be more about them and their family in the rest of my reports. I'm glad you are enjoying them.:D

Christine
04-26-2007, 01:36 PM
I meant to ask you, when will the pictures arrive?? ;)

And I forgot to thank you for these reports...I am thoroughly enjoying them. I feel like I am right there at WDW with you guys!

faline
04-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Hoop De Doo is always a good time! You had a table in a great location!

pogo
04-26-2007, 01:51 PM
I meant to ask you, when will the pictures arrive?? ;)

And I forgot to thank you for these reports...I am thoroughly enjoying them. I feel like I am right there at WDW with you guys!

I will have some pictures for you soon, I hope. I'm not as good at it as you are. I was amazed at how well you did your live reports with the pic.'s included. You are awesome ! :thumbsup:

You are very welcome..... I am enjoying writing them. It brings back the moment. :D

mm59
04-26-2007, 04:17 PM
What a wonderful trip so far,thanks for allowing us to tag along.:thumbsup: I can hardly wait till We get back to WDW.

disneydrmr
04-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Wow! Was your wife jealous? I mean, a girl holding your hand - and during a trip to celebrate your wedding anniversary? ha ha.. thanks for sharing...

Bethis26fan
04-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Caroleh
04-26-2007, 09:07 PM
That's so sweet that little Madison held you hand...must be that trusting face of yours.:D I've really enjoyed reading your reports, makes me want Dec. t get here a lot sooner!!!!
Sorry about the bus trip back..a little too much Hoop-de-doo!!!!:secret:

MissStyles
04-26-2007, 09:11 PM
You sure covered a lot of grounds today. Thanks for the report! :thumbsup:

HndrdPrcnt
04-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Sounds like another fun day! I love Hoop De Doo!! Can't wait to read more!:thumbsup:

DizNee143
04-27-2007, 12:42 PM
another good day!! little Madison must of been soo cute...im sure that will be something y oull always remember...thanx for sharing!!:mickey:

Dsnygirl
04-29-2007, 10:11 AM
:mickey: Pogo, how sweet about Madison... you've gotta just love those moments. That must have just made the day extra special!! Glad to hear it was so fun... can't wait to read on!

imaprincess!
04-29-2007, 10:41 AM
:thumbsup: on day three! I am having such a good time reading your reports!

5fromabove
04-29-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm really enjoying reading your reports...awwww, that is SO sweet about that little girl Madison! :)

pdrlkr
04-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

sleepingbooty
04-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Enjoyed reading about your day - on to read more!

Mickey'sGirl
04-30-2007, 12:55 PM
That's so sweet that little Madison held you hand...must be that trusting face of yours.:D I've really enjoyed reading your reports, makes me want Dec. t get here a lot sooner!!!!
Sorry about the bus trip back..a little too much Hoop-de-doo!!!!:secret:
I'll bet my Cousin Pogo has had his share of little girls holding his hand!! What a magic moment Cousin!

Sorry about the trip back to POFQ! Now you know why we get a car!!! :D

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Madison sounds adorable:mickey: Thanks for sharing. I love reading your reports:thumbsup:

TKDisneylover
05-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Isn't great meeting new people! That's one of the many things I love about Disney is meeting other people who love the World as much as we do!

Moving on to day 4!

Bethanymouse
05-06-2007, 11:06 AM
A fun filled day! Dont you just love the backlot express- it is so delicious and fresh! I am glad that you had a great time at the hoop de doo- it is one of my favorites. The show is so great! Thanks so much for sharing your day with us!:thumbsup: