PDA

View Full Version : Two Parks in one day at Universal?

gwfx1031
04-26-2007, 12:33 PM
We are heading down next week and now that the kids are a bit older we are going to Universal for a day and will buy the two park/one day ticket. I am looking for any advice and strategies to help us maximize our day. Where to go first, what to skip, a dining suggestion, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Awesome_guy
04-26-2007, 12:56 PM
We tried the same strategy last spring break... and admitedly it was tough.

(We slept in a bit too though so that didn't help our cause. If you were up bright and early that would be the first step.)

First, you might want to consider investing in the express pass for one park (probably Islands of Adventure) to allow you to line-jump. If you're a coaster lover it'd be tough to do too much otherwise without some major line-waiting.

Second, just prioritize. We had been to Universal in Hollywood so we knew once we did the Studios park (which we did second) which ones to repeat and we also tried to do the ones that aren't in both since they'd be new experiences.

You'll have an awesome time!! Don't miss Spiderman... it's incredible!!

Tynkerbelle
04-26-2007, 01:28 PM
My DBF & I did this last September - crowds were light (hardly any lines), I'm not sure what it's like there this time of year.

It's definitely do-able and we were able to do it without rushing around... We've been there several times and know what we like and what we don't so that helps....

We started at US around 10AM (I think the park opened around 9AM), had something to eat at Mel's and hit Shrek & Twister then did Eathquake & Jaws, next was Men in Black and then a spur of the moment decision to do ET. We stopped for a drink in the Hollywood area and sat for a bit. We hit the Mummy on the out - the only line we encountered. I think the only thing we decided to skip was Terminator (we've seen it so many times).

We were ready for IoA about 2/2:30 or so and had lunch at a place in the Port of Entry. We started in Seuss Landing - did Cat in the Hat and the new Seuss Trolley. We we're going to do Poseidon's Fury next but the show had already started (we figured we'd come back to it, but never did). On to the Jurassic Park ride then Dudley Do-Right & Popeye's (a flume and a rapids ride) - we had to wander around for a while to dry off! We ended with Spiderman (definitely not to be missed!) and some time in the arcade next door. We were done by the time the park was closing (around 6 or 7). We noticed that there was no line for Hulk as we left, but at that point we were ready for Margaritaville!

Have fun!

gwfx1031
04-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the help. We plan on hitting it on Friday hoping the crowds will be lighter than on a weekend. We also plan to get there right when they open.