PDA

View Full Version : Horizons Question

Dyanna
04-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I have only been to Disney twice before & the last time was in 2002. I don't recall ever being on or in Horizons. Can someone tell me what it was so I can try to remember if I was ever on/in it. :confused:

TKSax
04-26-2007, 12:32 PM
It was located in Epcot where Mission Space is now. It was and Orange ish building. The things I remeber most about the ride was that you could chose , space, water or air ( I think) near the end of the ride, and the also did a neat thing with a DNA strand that made it feel like the room was spinning. Here is a good site with info. http://www.horizons1.com/

Dyanna
04-26-2007, 12:45 PM
I just checked it out on YouTube. I do remember going on it now! Thanks

DizneyRox
04-26-2007, 02:15 PM
All you need to remember is the smell of Oranges and you'll know if you've been on it before.

Soarin' just doesn't have the same scent as Horizons did. Close, but not quite right...

4ubie1
04-26-2007, 02:34 PM
I also went to YouTube and they have all sorts of videos on dead WDW rides. I watched the one about Horizons and it made me want to :cry: I miss that ride...that and World of Motion. They both had soo much to see and look at. I always had to ride them at least twice. Oh well...maybe they will build a new attraction with a similar format.:thumbsup:

cgriff
04-26-2007, 02:44 PM
I also went to YouTube and they have all sorts of videos on dead WDW rides. I watched the one about Horizons and it made me want to :cry: I miss that ride...that and World of Motion. They both had soo much to see and look at. I always had to ride them at least twice. Oh well...maybe they will build a new attraction with a similar format.:thumbsup:

I agree, dark rides trump thrill rides. However, I believe that theme park builders today think that public sentiment is the other way around...

WelshieLover
04-26-2007, 06:21 PM
I know I am in the minority here, but I never liked Horizons. I did like world of Motion, but Horizons just did not interest me. We would always ride it but I thought it was just blah.