PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "rider swapping" post...

ldc12377
04-26-2007, 12:26 PM
I was just trying to figure out the whole rider swap thing but now I have a question. I was reading on another post that when you use the swap, the pass will let up to 3 people ride again. Do they ever make exceptions and allow more? Here's my situation:

We have 4 kids in our group (my DS8, DD6, DS2, and my niece who's 14). If we use the swap, then I can wait with DS2 while everyone else rides. Then I will ride with DS8 and DD6 but will they let my niece ride again also? She is old enough to understand if she can't but I'd really hate for her to feel left out. Would the CM let all 4 of us ride or will they only let the 3 of us? Just wanting to get some answers before we get there and have a big problem.

epcot3
04-26-2007, 01:23 PM
From personal experience, only 3 max were allowed. I once thought it read that you could take 3 with, but it is only you and up to 2 more. Enjoy the parks.:thumbsup:

Dicecatt262
04-26-2007, 02:15 PM
It doesn't hurt to ask. We did, and we only had two CMs say no...one that was brand new, and the CM next to her said "of course, we don't want any child left out"...and another that said "normally I'd say no but since your first name is the same as mine" (I had already pointed that out, I think she was kidding anyway). I have 4 kids, including one baby, so kind of the same senario. It probably depends on crowd levels...low crowds, I doubt they care. Really busy and they might be more strict. When you go up to enter the FP queue with your swap, ask the CM standing there if it is okay. If it is not, your neice will be prepared for it, but if they allow it, then great, bonus.

CM~Mserrano
04-26-2007, 03:29 PM
When I worked at Mission: Space I would normally allow it, even on the busiest of days, but only if I was asked instead of someone just coming through the line with a string of kids behind them. But, that was just me, I knew plenty of other CMs that were much more strict. Depends on who you ask I guess.

WDWdriver
04-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Usually the CMs will help you out. But be sure to ask at the time you are given the Rider Switch Pass. I will often give the guest a second pass to permit additional family members to ride again. If you just show up at Fastpass Return with an extra rider or two, then it makes it more complicated for us to help you.

floridamom
04-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Ditto whoever said it depends on crowds. At MK a couple of weeks ago, DH took DD4 on Splash and got a rider switch pass while I stayed w/DD2. When I went back through w/DD4 the CM told me to keep my pass for another day since it wasn't very busy at all at that time. (I probably could have walked through the stand-by line. Shocking for April, but I think it was during a parade).

The idea of checking in advance when you first obtain the rider switch pass is excellent--that way there is no anxiety or suspense when you go back through.:mickey: