PDA

View Full Version : Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour

whymsycalwitch
04-26-2007, 12:25 PM
I read that this tour was something to do if you had the time. My mom and I will be visiting Disneyland on Mother's Day weekend. We only have a half day on Sunday and the full day on Monday. We were planning on seeing DCA on the half day Sunday and then when DCA closes at 9pm head over to DL because they are open till 11pm on Sunday night. Then visit DL all day on Monday and hit the things/rides that are different or they don't have on WDW. DL closes at 8pm on Monday. Because of the time limit do you think it would be "worth" our time to take this tour? We have done a few tours in WDW and we enjoyed them. I love learning stuff about Walt and the parks. I just think that maybe our time would be better spent trying to get all the different things in. It says it is a 3 1/2 hour tour and that seems like a big chunk of time that we could maybe get other things done in. I would just like someone elses opinion.

ChipDale
04-27-2007, 03:06 PM
I've been on two Walk in Walt's Footsteps tours. One was fabulous with a very knowledgeable guide, one was good, but the guide had many facts wrong.

If you only have that short of a period of time to spend in the parks, I'd skip it.

It is worth it if you'll be there for several days though. The tour includes a nice lunch on the patio of the Disney Gallery.

Melanie
04-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I've been on two Walk in Walt's Footsteps tours. One was fabulous with a very knowledgeable guide, one was good, but the guide had many facts wrong.

If you only have that short of a period of time to spend in the parks, I'd skip it.

It is worth it if you'll be there for several days though. The tour includes a nice lunch on the patio of the Disney Gallery.

:ditto: what Jane said. Not that it is a waste of time by any means, but I wouldn't "waste" what time you have by doing the tour. Enjoy the parks for that day and a half!

whymsycalwitch
04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks! I was kind of leaning that way. I just love doing tours and stuff like that. I agree that if I had an extra day I would do the tour but I think you are both right in that my time will be spent in trying to fit everything in, in such a short time. Thanks for your opinions and help.