PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

Pastcastmemberdaughter
04-25-2007, 11:30 PM
I don't know about any one else, but I'm certainly disappointed with Tony Stewart's behavior towards NASCAR and the media lately. I understand that he can't agree with everything Nascar says and the media can be bothersome at times, but he seems to be acting with such a lack of respect towards them. It's almost like they owe him so much because he's a driver in the sport and he owes them nothing and they should be gracious he even acknowledges them. Too me without Nascar or the media he wouldn't have a job. I've never seen a driver decline interviews as much as he does or rant and rave all the time it seems. He has such a good heart towards charities and such, I wish he would just show his fans and Nascar fans in general with a little more respect on a weekly basis, even when he has a bad day.:mad:

Brer Mickey
04-26-2007, 12:10 AM
I agree! His rantings, ravings, temper tantrums, and otherwise bad behavior sort of cloud the fact that he is an excellent driver and has contributed to the fan-base increase in NASCAR.

It seems that as of late, too many of the super-star althetes in all of the major sports are becoming increasingly not worth the trouble they cause on and off the "playing field."

All I can say is shame on all of them!:nono:

Donald A
04-26-2007, 09:57 AM
I agree! His rantings, ravings, temper tantrums, and otherwise bad behavior sort of cloud the fact that he is an excellent driver and has contributed to the fan-base increase in NASCAR.

It seems that as of late, too many of the super-star althetes in all of the major sports are becoming increasingly not worth the trouble they cause on and off the "playing field."

All I can say is shame on all of them!:nono:

I agree, this kind of attitude is ruining all of pro sports.

WDWfanatic742
04-27-2007, 10:02 PM
To be honest, his rantings this time are the one and only time I ever have/will agree with him. They seem to be throwing the "debris" caution so much this year and half the time the TV broadcast can't even find it. Of course it happens right before a green flag pit stop or near the end of the race. Even last week it was what, 1 caution for a crash and 4 for debris. If I remember they showed the debris for only one of the caution's too.

handmaidenofprincesses
04-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Okay:

a) I don't like that he ranted on the radio like that... he should have brought his problem up with NASCAR first, to see what could be done.
BUT I do think he was right about the cautions

b) NASCAR has now fined him $10K and put him on probation for turning down an interview. Should they have? I think that was a bit extreme personally.... Plus, they wouldn't have said a word if it weren't for the radio thing.

All in all, NASCAR needs to do two things: 1, show more consistency and follow the rules, and 2, have a more open forum for drivers in a way that they'll actually have a say in their sport; after all, they do risk there lives out there.

WDWfanatic742
04-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Supposedly they fined him $10,000 for skipping the required meeting with the media after the race.