PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Technical "help" needed

Patricia
04-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Ok.. so I bought a Sony VGN-C270CE notebook

Sadly, it's running Vista

Currently, I'm having a typing issue (I know, nothing new). When I'm typing in the VMK text box.. and I make a mistake.. If I use the backspace button it takes me back to the previous webpage. That is normal when browsing.. but shouldn't that stop when in a text box?

Is this a shockwave issue, Vista or do I have to change a setting somewhere?

mickeynuts
04-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Yikes I've had trouble with vista but not that, I wish I had a suggestion for you.
I'm still trying to figure out how to make my side to side arrow keys work without holding down the control key, it's messing with my game playing!
:cool: Laura

Strmchsr
04-25-2007, 08:12 PM
So, you bought the laptop with Vista already installed? I had some similar issues, but it turned out to be a driver for the keyboard I needed to update.

varcity
04-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Hmm, cat knows a lot about this. I do remember her telling me vista had a lot of issues so I wouldn't expect a new notebook to have a keyboard error. probably vista.

WDWfanatic742
04-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Sounds like it might be a setting in IE 7 where if you hit backspace it takes you to the previous page. Have you tried any other browsers?

Patricia
04-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Never mind, I was able to finally figure it out..

It was an Internet Explorer 7.0 problem. So, I downloaded Mozilla and voila! Fixed.

:thumbsup:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-25-2007, 10:51 PM
It happens with me sometimes. When I move my mouse to the left while holding it down it takes me to the previous page. Really dumbo when you're trying to type in stuff and you have to start over :rolleyes:

Patricia
04-25-2007, 11:57 PM
That's funny. I must have been typing my reply when Fan was typing... I just now saw his reply.

At least he had the right answer.. just a little late. I checked my desktops I always use and realized they were using older browsers.. so rather than changing Explorer 7.0 in case that wasn't it, I thought I'd try the Mozilla Firefox first. :)

Having Vista is keeping me on my toes looking for compatibility issues.

Chescat
04-26-2007, 02:17 AM
We have Vista on a couple machines at work and it doesn't seem to be compatible with anything. I know for a long time it wasn't compatible with iTunes. Not sure if that has been fixed even. Its evil I say. :mad:

JPL
04-26-2007, 11:21 AM
It would be nice if Microsoft finished fixing the XP bugs and issues before they released Vista:mad:

WDWfanatic742
04-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Am I good or what? :D

I believe they fixed the iTunes bug about a month ago. Funny rumor about it not working because Microsoft wanted more people to buy their Zune instead of Apple's iPod.