PDA

View Full Version : "Pay as you Play" Housekeeping Charges Raised

Ed
04-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Effective Monday April 23, 2007, some of the "Pay As You Play" housekeeping prices for Members have changed as follows:

Additional full cleaning:
Studio/Inn = $30 (prev $25)
1 Bedroom = $45 (prev $30)
2 Bedroom = $60 (prev $40)
3 Bedroom = $75 (prev $60)

Trash & Towel:
Studio/Inn = $15 (prev $10)
1 Bedroom = $20 (prev $10)
2 Bedroom = $25 (prev $10)
3 Bedroom = $35 (prev $10)

Also, the price of the Soap/Shampoo Package is increasing to $5 (prev $3) due to the upgraded H2O+ amenities, plus the additional of a shower gel.

Seasonscraps
04-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Those are some big jumps, especially for the trash & towel service.

richardsa98
04-25-2007, 07:48 PM
WOW:( No extra services for me....

Here we go again...
04-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Is this charge just for extra services?
How much shampoo and how many towels do they leave you when you check in?

DVC2004
04-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Is this charge just for extra services?
How much shampoo and how many towels do they leave you when you check in?

Depends on the unit. Each full bath gets one shampoo. The towels, I never counted but I'd say 4 large bath towels for the main bath. If there is more than one (say at 2 BR) there are additional towels in that bath. If you are in the 1 BR/2BR units with the jacuzzi they provide two more large ones by the jacuzzi.

We have yet to pay for the extra cleaning and towels. We have always been able to make do with what is provided and I bring my own shampoo.

Ed
04-26-2007, 07:29 AM
We have yet to pay for the extra cleaning and towels. We have always been able to make do with what is provided and I bring my own shampoo.

Same with us. And if absolutely necessary, we launder the towels ourselves in the in-suite washer and dryer. And I have no problem with taking the trash to the dumpster myself.

dlpmikki
04-26-2007, 08:05 AM
I can't remember when they last raised the charges (if ever?). I am another who has never used the extra.

wendy*darling
04-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Me too. Never needed the extra. We do wash and dry them ourselves throughout our week, since I am doing regular laundry anyway.
And we take our trash and recycling to the "trash room" every morning when we leave the villa. It's usually on the way anyway. No problems there.
We never rely on the toiletries as a rule. We bring our own- everyone in my family is picky and uses their own brands. I guess we use the bar soap, but one bar is usually fine for our stay.
And I put all of our dishes and glasses (if used) in the dishwasher in the morning and turn it on as we leave. That's not a big deal either.
Somehow, these things I don't enjoy doing at home seem like like such a luxury and so much fun when I am doing it in a DVC Villa!! :D :crazy:

lockedoutlogic
04-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Some people are very particular about things such as room maintenance at hotels....almost unrationally so....

For me....as long as there is a place to dump the trash and a nearby pool for towels.....then let the games begin.....

Seasonscraps
04-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Somehow, these things I don't enjoy doing at home seem like like such a luxury and so much fun when I am doing it in a DVC Villa!! :D :crazy:

I am the same way. :secret: I don't have a dishwasher or washer/dryer in my apartment so it is a luxury for me to have them. :blush: :D

mook3y
04-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow. Those price jumps are insane.

We had considered having one extra cleaning done during our stay, but $60????

lol we know how to run a vacuum if it gets too bad (4 toddlers ya know ).

I am not sure on if their goal is to gouge the people who will pay anyways or to eliminate it all together. sheesh.

lockedoutlogic
04-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Wow. Those price jumps are insane.

We had considered having one extra cleaning done during our stay, but $60????

lol we know how to run a vacuum if it gets too bad (4 toddlers ya know ).

I am not sure on if their goal is to gouge the people who will pay anyways or to eliminate it all together. sheesh.

the goal is to eliminate it altogether...in my opinion.

WDW is almost always perpetually understaffed....and having their DVC resorts that were "designed" as low staff to maintain inundated with requests for room cleaning is something that I have no doubt annoys them greatly....

so they probably figure that this is a way to eliminate some of the need and shift housekeeping staff.

mook3y
04-26-2007, 05:29 PM
the goal is to eliminate it altogether...in my opinion.

WDW is almost always perpetually understaffed....and having their DVC resorts that were "designed" as low staff to maintain inundated with requests for room cleaning is something that I have no doubt annoys them greatly....

so they probably figure that this is a way to eliminate some of the need and shift housekeeping staff.

Yeah, I agree. It does appear they are trying to eliminate it.

Fine, whatever... SO LONG as it keeps our maintenence fee's down!!!

TheRustyScupper
04-27-2007, 02:13 PM
ouch !