PDA

View Full Version : Pogo's and Patti's Day Two

pogo
04-25-2007, 06:22 PM
2007 Disney Trip, Day Two, April 20th.
Our Anniversary Day !

Cast: Pogo: 10 year old Boy in a 56 year old Man’s body.
DW: Very Patient Wife who enjoys Disney !
Today’s supporting Cast: CanadianWDWFan, Mickey’sGirl and Children
Reason: Celebrating our Fifth anniversary and
Intercot Mini Meet !

We slept in today until about 8:00 AM, had our coffee and Breakfast Bites and were off to AK arriving at about 10:00 AM. The first thing on our list was a Fast Pass for EE and we had it hand for 2:55 to 3:55 return.

We headed to KRR for a quick soaking……that’s right, we got as wet as a person can get wet. God I loved it ! One girl on the raft didn’t get a drop on her so at the end of the ride I diverted a little water her way. :D

We walked to Dinoland and after we dried off a bit we rode “Dinosaur” for the first time and this is now our favorite ride at WDW. We made it official right after we came off it. This ride captures your imagination like no other.

We watched Finding Nemo, The Musical and we loved this show I won’t tell you too much about it, but it is very entertaining for both young and old. The show is all done with puppetry. It includes song and dance numbers and the “Nemo” story line.

I was sad when they replaced Tarzan Rocks, but now I’m glad, because this show is a winner.

We walked back to Restaurantosaurus for lunch and we each had a burger and fries. When we stopped at the fixings bar, Patti decided to load up and turn it into a salad bar. She is one creative lady.

After we went to see ITTBAB and enjoyed all of it. We hadn’t seen this since our Honeymoon, five years ago.

Now it was time to take on EE and the Yeti ! We walked up to the fast pass entrance and in five minutes we were sitting in the train and headed up. Now most of you know by now that I’m an opinionated guy and I like to speak my piece from time to time. I don’t see what everyone gets excited about this ride for. Yes, the ride is fast, but it only takes a few minutes and it’s all over. It’s fun, but it is too short to stand in line for.

We were debating going back to the resort, but decided to take on the Safari first. It was a very pleasant ride this time with lots of animals up and moving. We got to see Nikki and Rori, the mother and new baby Giraffe. Rori sure is big for being just a new born !

We decided to return to the resort and by the time we got there it was about 5:30 and we were meeting CanadianWDWFan, Mickey’sGirl and kids at 7:00 PM at the Pool Bar. We freshened up and then went down to grab a cold drink at around 6:45.

Brian and Jennifer didn’t arrive until almost 7:20 PM as they were running a little late from the airport. It was great to finally meet them in person after trading PM’s the past couple of weeks.

We all walked to Boatwright’s at POR for our 7:40 ADR and were seated in a short amount of time. Jenn and I have a lot in common and we talked and laughed and played with the kids. It was a very pleasant experience.

Our order was taken. It was Jambalaya for all the adults and kiddie food for Harry and Euan. Euan was sleepy from his trip and decided to fall asleep with his head on Jenn’s lap which allowed us to enjoy each others company with all kinds of stories about our past. Patti and I enjoyed the children just as much.

I want to tell you folks that Brian and Jenn are as nice as they seem here on Intercot. I hope we have made friends for life with them. If you ever get a chance to meet them, you won’t be disappointed.

The night was flying by and we had to excuse ourselves at 9:20 because I had a surprise for Patti. I had booked us a carriage ride for the end of the evening and I had brought a bottle of her favorite wine and two glasses for the occasion.

The driver was a nice guy named Steve and his horse named Dan pulled us around POR down to POFQ and back as we cuddled in the back and enjoyed the wine. Every now and then we would pass some people and raise our glasses to them as we went past. To all you guys out there, I hit a home run with this one. ;)

Now it was back to Scat Cats for a night cap, listening to Elliot Dyson again before turning in for the night at around 11:30.

Next up, Day three at MGM, then to Hoop to Doo Revue for the 5:00 show and back to MGM. :D

merlinmagic4
04-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Wow, I am jealous you got to meet Mickey'sGirl (Jenn) and CanadianWDW fan!!! That is so awesome :) Good job on the carriage ride :thumbsup: Can't wait to read more!

Caroleh
04-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Sounds like another great day!!! Jenn and Brian sound wonderful and glad you guys had a great time. The carriage ride sounds SO romantic....you need to send some of this romance toward my DH!!!:D

MsMin
04-25-2007, 10:34 PM
So glad you had a great time. :minnie:

elorac
04-25-2007, 10:40 PM
I laughed out loud when I read about your home run. Sounds like a great trip so far...:D

HndrdPrcnt
04-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Brian and Jennifer didn’t arrive until almost 7:20 PM as they were running a little late from the airport. It was great to finally meet them in person after trading PM’s the past couple of weeks.

I want to tell you folks that Brian and Jenn are as nice as they seem here on Intercot. I hope we have made friends for life with them. If you ever get a chance to meet them, you won’t be disappointed.

Pogo, I could not agree with you more about Brian & Jenn. They are absolutely great people. While I have not had the chance to meet Jenn or Euan yet, I can tell you that Brian is top notch. I met him and Harry when they flew out to see me after my surgery to battle my pancreatic cancer. Super cool people!!

Sounds like the carriage ride was a hit! Good goin' on that!

Dinosaur is your all-time favorite??

pogo
04-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Dinosaur is your all-time favorite??
Yes it is. It makes you use your imagination as well as your eyes. We loved it ! :D

The carriage ride sounds SO romantic....you need to send some of this romance toward my DH!!!:D
You've either got it or you don't. :D

:sorry:

mrsgaribaldi
04-26-2007, 02:41 AM
Happy Anniversary to you both.:thumbsup:
It sounds like a perfect day. The carriage ride is so romantic;) Thanks for sharing:mickey:

MissStyles
04-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Another great day! That was so sweet of you to surprise Patti with the carriage ride. I'm glad you all enjoyed your mini meet as well! :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
04-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Wow! A carriage ride! Judging from other posts I think you should open a school of romance for husbands! I know I'd send mine! ha ha! What a perfect day you had! Meeting Brian, Jenn and the boys even! Thanks for sharing!

faline
04-26-2007, 08:55 AM
What a terrific day! The carriage ride with the bottle of wine was a great way to end the day! :thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
04-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Glad you guys are having such a great time!!

Maybe you SHOULD start a school for DH's to learn some things......MY DH thinks a romantic gesture is getting a bottle wine (with no way to open it:) ) while I'm in the pool with DS......thanks to the CM at Mara with a corkscrew!! And we drank out of coffee cups:D
Now, that's romance..........

offwego
04-26-2007, 10:11 AM
What a fantastic day! I'm so glad you had a good time at your dinner & your romantic gesture is very neat.

Thanks for taking us with you..:mickey:

BriarRose0708
04-26-2007, 10:57 AM
The carriage ride sounds like the perfect way to end the perfect day. Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

magicman
04-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Wow! What a great day!

Interesting thoughts on EE. I like it alot, but not really because of the "thrilling" aspects as much as the mountain theming & yeti story line. I wonder if you didn't get a get chance to absorb the ambience in the queue since you fast passed it??? (Just a thought.)

I always liked Tarzan Rocks, but I'm glad to hear feedback that the Nemo show is a winner.

Great idea on the carriage ride. A better idea would have been to NOT MENTION IT HERE WHERE OTHER WIVES HEAR ABOUT IT:mad: . Your killing the rest of us.;)

You paint a great picture with your report. I can picture you guys coming off of Dinosaur, still a bit damp from Kali Rapids, & totally enjoying yourselves.

Thanks.:thumbsup:

mm59
04-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Happy anniversary to you both. What a wonderful thing to do to end the day. You are a great romantic:thumbsup: .Thanks for your report, and ideas for the future with DW.

pogo
04-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Wow! What a great day!

Interesting thoughts on EE. I like it alot, but not really because of the "thrilling" aspects as much as the mountain theming & yeti story line. I wonder if you didn't get a get chance to absorb the ambience in the queue since you fast passed it??? (Just a thought.)
That could be it. Maybe it was all the hype before we got there too. I just don't think the ride itself was anything special...... it was just O.K. :D

Great idea on the carriage ride. A better idea would have been to NOT MENTION IT HERE WHERE OTHER WIVES HEAR ABOUT IT:mad: . Your killing the rest of us.;)
Hey..... maybe a better idea is the rest of you guys stepping up to the plate !:funny: :D

What a fantastic day! I'm so glad you had a good time at your dinner & your romantic gesture is very neat.

Thanks for taking us with you..:mickey: Your welcome Natalie. Trust me, it was my pleasure. :D

Christine
04-26-2007, 01:05 PM
We headed to KRR for a quick soaking……that’s right, we got as wet as a person can get wet. God I loved it ! One girl on the raft didn’t get a drop on her so at the end of the ride I diverted a little water her way. :D

My goodness, you really do have a 10 year old trapped in there, don't you??? :thumbsup:

pogo
04-26-2007, 01:46 PM
My goodness, you really do have a 10 year old trapped in there, don't you??? :thumbsup:
You have no idea.;) Just wait until we finally meet...... you'll see. :D

KylesMom
04-26-2007, 03:58 PM
What another wonderful day! Glad to hear your meeting with Jennifer, Brian & the boys was a blast - I agree, they're top-notch people!

Congratulations on your anniversary - sounds like you really did it up right. Can't wait to read more! :mickey:

SBETigg
04-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Fantastic day! Kudos to you for arranging the carriage ride. It's a good thing they didn't know you were really only ten years old when you were buying the wine;) !

Bethis26fan
04-26-2007, 08:37 PM
sounds like another great day.

DizNee143
04-27-2007, 12:20 PM
sounds like another wonderful day!!..glad you had a great day and that you go to meet some intercot people!!! and really that was a very nice move with the carriage ride!!! im jealous!!! lol :mickey:
oh ya..happy anniversary!!!

Jimenyfan
04-27-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm loving your reports. DH and I will be married 20 yrs next march and I hope we can start out our anniversary as trip as great as you started yours.

Dsnygirl
04-28-2007, 05:58 AM
:mickey: Wow, what a great day!! We haven't ridden Dinosaur yet - now I can't wait! And I'm jealous you got to meet Brian, Jen and the boys already - I'm so looking forward to meeting them in October. Sounds like you guys had the nicest evening!! :thumbsup:

Good job on the whole carriage ride/wine idea - want my DH's e-mail address?? :D

Can't wait to read more...

imaprincess!
04-29-2007, 10:38 AM
:thumbsup: on day two! Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
04-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

sleepingbooty
04-30-2007, 10:23 AM
I always love reading about Intercot meets - sounds like such fun! THanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
04-30-2007, 12:50 PM

You have no idea.;) Just wait until we finally meet...... you'll see. :D
He really is Christine! Patti and Pogo are really lovely people (and far to generous with their kind words -- my little guys were a bit wrangy during dinner....) and they didn't even make fun of my drinking problem! ;)

It was really nice of them to share their anniversary dinner with us -- wonder why we weren't invited on the carriage ride? I honestly can't believe that I didn't send Brian and Harry out to find them to take some photos for them! (Sorry 'bout that!).

BTW...Dinosaur is one of our favourites too!:thumbsup:

TKDisneylover
05-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Happy Anniversary!!:party:

Thanks for sharing your special day with us. Looking forward to day 3.

Bethanymouse
05-06-2007, 10:58 AM
I am so glad that you got to meet some of our great intercot friends! It sounds like you had another great day! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

pogo
05-07-2007, 07:03 AM
wonder why we weren't invited on the carriage ride?
There was only room for two in the carraige, Cousin ! :D