PDA

View Full Version : I am disappointed - Rant

Donald A
04-25-2007, 11:38 AM
I was on the season ticket waiting list for the Colts. There will be a new stadium for the 2008-2009 season. I did not get tickets for this year (2007-2008) which is fine but I wanted them for the new stadium. I thought I was OK but then, of course, the Colts win the Super Bowl. Now everyone is on the bandwagon. I am disappointed, however, because of two things.

1) I was on the waiting list for 4 tickets and the Colts decided recently that after May 15 my $400 is not refundable. (I have been on the list since September 2006). They keep my money until they have tickets for me! I think that is absurd as they don't know when I will get them. This also was not the policy when I deposited my money.

2) I have 1680 people before me on the list that can by 2, 4, 6 or whatever tickets only after the current season ticket holders have the opportunity to buy more. There will only be 7,000 more seats for season tickets in the new stadium. I just don't see me getting tickets anytime soon.

BUT.....

Is this really good business for the Colts? I have requested a refund. I have a feeling they will be humbled in about 5 years. Sure people are going to buy all the tickets they can and sell them for a huge profit with the new stadium (Resale of tickets is legal in Indiana). I understand loyality to current season ticket holders but why not let another taxpayer who is paying for the new $300 million dollar stadium enjoy it too.

I guess I will be the one laughing in 5 years when Peyton Manning is gone and the Colts dynasty is over and the want me to buy a ticket. The newness of the modern stadium will wear off, and I will remember how I was treated and that they changed the rules because they wanted to (and could).

The NFL needs to realize it is not invincible and fan loyality can change quickly. Just look at the damage still not undone by the MLB strike over a decade ago.

JPL
04-25-2007, 12:02 PM
I understand your frustration. I am a Giants fan and the tickets are willed to people they are so difficult to get. I left the waiting list a long time ago. It's not even that difficult to get tickets even though the entire stadium is season ticket holders.