PDA

View Full Version : Meet and Intercotee's walking the parks?

caryrae
04-25-2007, 11:03 AM
I was just wondering if you have every run into other Intercot family members while strolling the parks? I know you would at Disney Meets but have you meet some without going to a Disney Meet?

Who did you meet if you can remember there screen name?

mrsgaribaldi
04-26-2007, 01:23 AM
We were standing in line outside the AK to get our new passes, I was wearing my Intercot jacket. I heard someone yelling "Intercot, Intercot" Turns out it was Traci otherwise known as Tinkerbellybutton:D We had a meet planned for another day but we met early. That was the only time I've met someone and I wear the jacket alot:thumbsup:

Melanie
04-26-2007, 05:56 AM
My husband spotted Bret (SgtTigger), who was wearing an INTERCOT t-shirt, at Pecos Bill a few years back. He told me and I then proceeded to scare Bret when I approached him and called him by name. :eek2:

JPL
04-26-2007, 09:50 AM
I ran into Mel better known as Harlowandthemermaid in Epcot last June. I had plans to meet other Intercotees and was walking underneath SSE and there she was :mickey: WE all spent the rest of the day at MK and finished the evening with dinner at Beaches and Cream. I also ran into to Pete a Magic Kingdom CM outside of the close POTC when they were in the middle of the refurb :thumbsup:

Piglet822
04-26-2007, 04:14 PM
He told me and I then proceeded to scare Bret when I approached him and called him by name. :eek2:

Do you make a habit of scaring Intercotees at WDW? I still remember our chance meeting at the Contemporary a few years back :laughing:

I wear my Intercot shirts alot when at the park but I've only had one person approach me and I forgot her screen name :blush:
I met Brian (CanadianWDWFan) and Jen (Mickey'sGirl) a few years back at the Boardwalk. They actually recognized my bus (it is hard to miss).
Then the other day I was pulling into OKW for the DME pickup and someone came up to me and asked if I remembered them. They had to remind me but I had actually met them through another Intercotee. I'm not sure if they post on this board or not. Does that count?

AliceinDisney
04-26-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm going in September if anyone wants to meet up :)

SgtTigger
04-26-2007, 11:43 PM
My husband spotted Bret (SgtTigger), who was wearing an INTERCOT t-shirt, at Pecos Bill a few years back. He told me and I then proceeded to scare Bret when I approached him and called him by name. :eek2:

Scared me.... My niece Kayla had no idea this lady was calling me from across the restaurant..... But is was real cool meeting Mel and her husband and getting to spend time with them........

:cop: :tigger:

illini
04-27-2007, 01:59 AM
Wellll, it doesn't really count since I knew where he worked and had seen a photo, but I met Main Street Jim a couple years ago. We were waiting on a train when a CM said something to one of my kids and I saw his nametag. My kids were REALLY impressed that I "knew the train guy."

Here we go again...
04-27-2007, 07:24 PM
We went to Pop to see the Christmas decorations and get the resort trading pin last November. We were headed back to WL for an Intercot meet and it was taking forever for the bus to come. I had my Intercot shirt on and comeone came up to me to ask who I was... It was Scott (NascFan) one of the people I was planning to meet at WL! So, I got to visit with him, his wife and their daughter all the way to WL.

Melanie
04-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Do you make a habit of scaring Intercotees at WDW? I still remember our chance meeting at the Contemporary a few years back :laughing:

Don't age us, Jeanne. That's only been a little over a year ago. ;)

And yeah, I guess I'm pretty scary. I'll try and do better in the future. :D

SgtTigger
04-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Don't age us, Jeanne. That's only been a little over a year ago. ;)

And yeah, I guess I'm pretty scary. I'll try and do better in the future. :D

I really dont think you were scary Mel I just think Kayla could not understand why some lady would be yelling my name across a resturant in Disney World..... I can still see the look on her face........ :funny:

:cop: :tigger:

GrumpyFan
06-01-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm going in September if anyone wants to meet up :)

We're going in September as well. September 6-11 at Pop Century, 96 days!

trackbarroness
06-02-2007, 05:51 AM
PirateGal and I met Main street Jim at the train station in Mickey's toontown Fair. Also have met another intercottee who's VMK title/name is GiltterDisneyGirl. Looking forward to meeting other intercotees. :D
Jeanne let me know when your near Space Mountain so I can at least inform you of which side or if I'm outside the mountain. Let's hope we don't meet at grouper. :D

Piglet822
06-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Jeanne let me know when your near Space Mountain so I can at least inform you of which side or if I'm outside the mountain. Let's hope we don't meet at grouper. :D

I sure will. I don't have any trips planned right now but I will be in the parks in two weeks when Donna and Beth are down. But, I'll be following them around so it's whatever their schedule is. :)