PDA

View Full Version : Which one do you prefer?

bucky at disney
04-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Contemporary/Poly/GF/Beach Club....which one will you choose?

Looking for all opinions out there...give me your reasons for voting the way you did.

mrsgaribaldi
04-25-2007, 09:24 AM
I haven't stayed at the Grand Floridian but of the 3 I have stayed at, the Poly wins hands down, no contest:thumbsup:

I stayed at the beach Club concierge in 2005 and didn't like it at all. The only thing I loved was the closeness to Epcot. Walking to Epcot was great.

I stayed at the Contemporary in a Magic Kingdom view room in Nov.
It was nice. Seeing the park so close was great but we were never there at night to see any fireworks or anything. Dh wanted this for his 40th birthday. It was nice to leave the room and have the monorail right there. We went swimming and went into our first hot tub. The food court is terrible. Smallest one I've ever seen and so dingy looking, It was really awful.

Poly we stayed in Jan. Regular room, no special view. We had a view of the grounds outside, the walkway, etc. The atmosphere here is fantastic. It feels so tropical and far away. The room was beautiful, just as nice as the Contemporary. The CMs were so nice, always saying aloha. The food court was recently redone and very nice. Alot of choices, food was good. The pool was nice, no hot tube though. We had a short walk to the monorail, not much. We walked to the TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot. If I could stay here all the time I would. Best one ever

jodijo
04-25-2007, 09:37 AM
What about Wilderness Lodge? It is a deluxe resort. I think WL is wonderful! It is the one I would vote for.

mouseketeer mom
04-25-2007, 09:52 AM
#1 The Poly..can't find one bad thing to say about it. We LOVE it. Hmm...if only there were Villas.!
#2 The Beach Club..casual, relaxed, and love, love, love that stroll to Epcot. Love the pool too. Love the soft colors in the rooms
#3 Tied for 3rd is Contemp and GF..The Contemporary is classic Disney to me. I love to see it. The GF looks almost too nice for my taste., I don't know if I could completely relax with my kids there..

SBETigg
04-25-2007, 09:54 AM
The Grand Floridian is my absolute favorite, but Polynesian is a close second. For both, I love the proximity to the MK, the easy transportation options (especially to the MK and Epcot), the theming, the pools, and the rooms. But the Grand Floridian's relaxed elegance slightly edges out the Polynesian's lush tropical surroundings as far as my personal preference.

darthmacho
04-25-2007, 10:07 AM
All great, but out of these, the Poly is the best themed and most fun.

c&d
04-25-2007, 10:53 AM
I voted for the Grand Floridian. I just loved our stay there. Seeing the park from our room, well Space Mtn. was great.

Figgyluv03
04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Contemporary! It's my dream to stay there!

pox24
04-25-2007, 02:04 PM
The Grand Floridian!

EvilQueen2006
04-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I have only stayed at Poly from those listed, and I think it was beautiful, and would love to go back, but if I could choose to stay at any of them, I would choose the Beach Club. Epcot is my favorite park, walking into the world showcase from my room would be amazing.

btuskan
04-25-2007, 07:40 PM
I chose the poly because of it's proximity to the MK. I prefer it over the contemp and I've never stayed at the"red roof inn" LOL...I just heard that on my last trip...hee, hee, hee. The beach club is beatiful and my family thoroughly enjoyed it. If your favorite park is EPCOT then choose BC. But I have to agree with a previous post that asked if you've considered the Wilderness Lodge? It's my overall favorite and would stay their everytime, but DH likes to try out other resorts.

Mom2princesses
04-25-2007, 08:16 PM
My very first trip ever to Disney was at the Contemporary with my mom and family. I loved it and thought it was just so wonderful to have the monorail go right into the building. But my all time favorite is the Poly. I just love the atmosphere. The GF is very nice but to me it is not comfortable. I love the Poly which also has two of the best resturants in WDW and I think it is the best!!! :papple: :lei: Guess it really depends on your likes and dislikes. How wonderful it is that we have so many wonderful options!

Crow
04-25-2007, 10:25 PM
out of these ive only stayed at BC, and that was only because there was a rehab of POFQ rehab. i loved the location but the room didnt impress.
id like to try Poly but i think thats too much $$$ but i voted for it
no interest in GF.
of the deluxes ive stayed...love WL.

wifey5794
04-26-2007, 08:07 AM
We love the Grand Floridian. We love the proximity to the parks and all of the restaurant choices. I love the spa. While we don't spend a whole lot of time at the resort, we only go for garden view, but my kids enjoy the pool!

DVC2004
04-26-2007, 08:20 AM
I've stayed at all of the above but the Grand Floridian. The Poly is my fav! The ambiance, the dining, the aloha's and tiki torches- just a great place!

big blue and hairy
04-26-2007, 08:29 AM
With it's location near Epcot, the pool area and general beauty of the resort, I picked the Beach Club. That's the next deluxe at which we'll stay. I do, though have a huge soft spot for the Contemporary. My first trip to WDW was our honeymoon, and we stayed at the Contemporary.

:sulley:

goofysbabe
04-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I haven't been fortunate enough to stay at any of the above resorts. BUT I picked Contemporary because it's one of my first memories of Disney. I can remember going there the first time and riding the monarail thru the hotel. I can remember thinking :cool: Wow!!!!I have made it a goal of mine to stay there some day. :cloud9:

4ubie1
04-26-2007, 09:58 AM
My vote is for the :tikki: Poly :tikki: I love the tropical atmosphere and the wonderful accommodations. It also has the convenience of the monorail and TTC. :thumbsup:

threeh
04-26-2007, 10:29 AM
I've stayed at all 4 and my vote goes to the Polynesain as it is my families favorite. However I really like BC and BR as well.

The BC is cool because I love the whole EPCOT area and the pool is one of the best in the place.

I also like the CR becasue you just can't beat a MK tower view, it is amazing. I also like the whole walkway to MK thing.

But the winner for me is the Polynesain. Love the location and the themeing!!!

Good luck with your choice!!!:thumbsup:

Donald Duck
04-26-2007, 10:59 AM
I've stayed at the BC and the Poly many times each.
I love both of them.
If I had to pick one I'd pick the BC because of the pool. It's by far the best pool in any resort in Disney.

Spaceship Tigger
04-26-2007, 10:59 AM
We've picked the Poly for our upcoming trip after we couldn't get what we wanted at the WL. We first considered the YC/BC but heard that the chance of getting a really bad standard view was too high (and didn't want to pay extra for a water view). We're not big on the theme of the GF and have never considered the Contemporary. The theme of the Poly just looked like it fit us the best.

WDWfeelslikehome
04-26-2007, 12:24 PM
BC won for us, we love Epcot and SB pool is perfect for relaxing.

SurferStitch
04-26-2007, 01:35 PM
The only one we've ever stayed at in the list is the GF, and that's been numerous times. We spent our honeymoon there, and many subsequent trips.

We've often said we wanted to try the Poly, but we always choose the GF over it. I don't care for the lobby at the Poly....it's pretty, but always seems so crazy busy and kind of small. The GF lobby is so majestic, and the couches are super comfy! We love to listen to the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra and the pianist. I also love stopping in all of the shops all the time.

We always get a water view room (usually with a view of the MK), but on our last trip there we stayed in main building concierge (Ponce de Leon level in the Royal Palm Club). It was wonderful, even with the severly lacking concierge service.

Dicecatt262
04-26-2007, 02:05 PM
I picked the Poly. I've never stayed at the others but I've visited all of them. The Grand Floridian just doesn't do it for me...I plan on staying there sometime, so far it is nice to visit, but doesn't call out to me like the Poly. The Contemporary decor isn't appealing, it is rather stark outside by the pool area, and the garden wing looks like a dorm. However, I plan on trying the infamous MK view at some point in the Tower! Beach club is very cool, and I would like to stay there at some point as well, especially for Stormalong Bay. But right now I like to be closer to MK, and I love the monorail access too much to switch to an Epcot resort, no matter how cool they are.

The Polynesian is divine...my #1 Choice.