PDA

View Full Version : Funny Sibling Stories

QTPie68
04-25-2007, 01:42 AM
I was talking with my sister (who is 3 years older than me) the other day and she brought up this story about when I was an infant...it wasn't funny at the time, but we can now laugh about it as adults.

I was about just a few months old at the time this happened. My sister was awfully jealous of me when I was born, but never did anything to hurt me. One day, after my mother had laid me down for nap, she went to check on me later, but I wasn't in my crib. My brother was outside and sister was quietly playing. My mom was frantic and started yelling and searching around the house and yelled for my brother to help her. He looked around outside.....and there I was, all curled up and asleep in the dirt in the bushes. When asked, my sister had decided to "take the baby away - no one will miss her, she cries" :blush:

Ever since then, my sister has always been rather protective of me.....wonder just what my parents did/said to her?!?!?!:D

Anyway....any funny sibling stories you care to share...come on....:cool:

conorsmom2000
04-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Candi, that is hysterical! :D Reminds me of my sister Laurie, who was 5 when my twin and I were born and none too happy about our arrival - she later confessed that she used to sneak into our room to pinch our toes when we sleeping because she liked the faces we would make before we howled!! :secret:

Coming from a family of 7, we have more than our fair share of funny stories - literally, when we all do get together, we can spend hours playing "remember when....". It drives other people crazy because of course, they don't get all the inside jokes and why something might be funny to us, when it won't sound too funny to them! :blush:

A couple of highlights, though:

My oldest brother is 13 years older than me and he used to pick on me until I was in tears. When I was 5 or so I must have decided he had to go because apparently I used to fill out those cards in my Mom's magazines requesting information for the Marines, Army, Navy - he was constantly getting calls from recruiters! :blush:

My Dad was very sick as a child (I forget now with what) and had a collapsed lung as a result - back then (late 1930's) to repair it, they went in through his back - so, my Dad basically has this hole in his back as a result. I was told as a child by my siblings that Dad was shot out of a helicopter over the PAL fields in town. :D Yes, I believed this for quite awhile.

Even our injuries make great stories (now, not then). My sister Kate was one of those who was once dared to stick her tongue on a frozen pole - yep, she got stuck. Someone ran to get a neighbor, who got so upset when she saw Kate that she dropped an ice skate, on her foot - by the time my Mom came running, Kate was bleeding from her tongue and her foot!

I'll stop here, unless I remember a really good one! :blush: Just our family trip to Europe when I was 16 would take up too much room! :crazy: :funny:

QTPie68
04-26-2007, 12:35 AM
My oldest brother is 13 years older than me and he used to pick on me until I was in tears. When I was 5 or so I must have decided he had to go because apparently I used to fill out those cards in my Mom's magazines requesting information for the Marines, Army, Navy - he was constantly getting calls from recruiters! :blush:

I LOVE it....brothers are so GREAT to pick on.:D

I flew out to San Diego years ago when my youngest (and biggest) brother was stationed there as a Marine to visit him and took him to dinner. I quietly asked the waitress to give him a children's menu, and she did - - complete with crayons :laughing: .