PDA

View Full Version : Twin 4yr olds, which water park in June?

IloveMM
04-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Hi. I'm wondering for those that have been to both parks, or have had experience in taking preschoolers to one, what there is to offer at the water parks for this age, which one if you know the differences or just generally what to expect. We got free tickets with our check in at the Polynesian for June but due to the crowds and so forth, I'm worried if it's even worth our time to try one of the parks? Aren't they mostly just for adults and older teens or am I totally wrong?
Thanks!
:mickey:

merlinmagic4
04-25-2007, 06:43 AM
Welcome to Intercot!! I have only been to Typhoon Lagoon but we loved it with young kids. They have an entire area (Ketchakiddie Creed) for children under 48". It has slides, a mini tube ride, various little areas along the "creek", etc. for the little ones. There are also two kiddie slides in the wave pool. It is a nice park with plenty of shade. If you go there, keep walking to the left of the wave pool and you can find a spot in the shade near the kid's area. They'll probably be able to do the Lazy River too. Have a great trip!!

ftwildernesskid
04-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I've been to both with preschoolers. I preferred Typhoon Lagoon greatly over Blizzard Beach. There were more things they could do and the overall feel somehow seemed more little kid friendly. That being said, I'm sure you'd enjoy either.