PDA

View Full Version : southwests september rates

em-n-mia's-mommy
04-25-2007, 12:02 AM
I am curious as to when southwest airlines will come out with their rates for the end of september. I have been looking but still none. My travel agent said i may want to hold off on buying tickets because southwest seems to offer cheaper flights between pittsburgh international and orlando. I like to get things taken care of early and have it over with so i get what i want. So this waiting is driving me nuts. Last year i book with us airways because southwest was being slow and ended up paying more...not something i want to do again this year!

Pirate Storm
04-25-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm in the same boat. Been waiting weeks for Southwest for a Sept. and Nov. trip. I have a feeling they'll be cheaper than Airtran but the longer I wait, the good Airtran flights are going fast. I won't even consider USAir from Philly anymore with all the problems they're having. Anyone have an inside on when Southwest is going to start booking past Aug.24th?

May524
04-25-2007, 12:33 AM
I am also anxiously waiting! My friends and I want to take a 3 or 4 day trip in September during free dining IF the air fare is right! We don't have enough time to drive down, and since we are fresh out of college and new to our "real" jobs, we don't have a lot of time off yet. So we are hoping and praying for cheap flights from New Orleans to MCO!

alicia524luvstw
04-25-2007, 06:14 AM
I could be wrong but I think this Thursday SW will change their schedule. I received the system wide savings announcement on Ding last night, that means they're going to announce the new dates. It always happens on a Thursday @ 11:00 am est. I'll be looking too. My MIL & FIL want to go to WDW in Nov.

em-n-mia's-mommy
04-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I could be wrong but I think this Thursday SW will change their schedule. I received the system wide savings announcement on Ding last night, that means they're going to announce the new dates. It always happens on a Thursday @ 11:00 am est. I'll be looking too. My MIL & FIL want to go to WDW in Nov.

Thanks for that info! I will be looking tomorrow!!

sleepingbooty
04-25-2007, 11:39 AM
I also read in another thread here on Intercot that the new dates will probably come out on Thursday. But, if its anything like in the past, the prices will be high to start off with. They won't start discounting them until about 90 days out. But, just releasing the dates will usually cause other airlines to lower their fares.

pogo
04-27-2007, 08:57 PM
DING... There out now !

:listen: We booked our trip:plane: to Albuquerque last night at about half the cost of other airlines.:whew: :D

em-n-mia's-mommy
04-28-2007, 12:25 AM
I looked at the schedule that is now out and decided to go with Airtran from Pittsburgh. Their rates were much better than southwest and us airways.

QTPie68
04-28-2007, 04:02 AM
Cool.....checked out the schedule and the times are good. Now, just to wait untill a special fare comes out and those will be mine........I hope they come down from $79 one way, I have never paid more than $59 one way on SW......plenty of time to wait!!