PDA

View Full Version : Sad Evening in our House

Magic Smiles
04-24-2007, 10:11 PM
For the last two years (2005 & 2006) we have left for WDW tomorrow, last Wednesday in April. This year I talked DH and DS into going in Dec so that we could enjoy all the Christmas splendor that Disney has to offer. We all sat around the dinner table tonight imagining what we would be doing tomorrow had we been going. It was so :sad:, even though we will be spending 16 nights in Disney this Dec.
Now I am trying to talk them into having a small Christmas so that we could go back to WDW in Apr 08 and therefore wouldn't be faced with this sad anniversary again. Also in May 08 DH and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary. Wouldn't it be great to be in Disney!

SgtTigger
04-24-2007, 10:19 PM
OK you need to start planning like wild..... Get your mind off not being there... Just think about how nice it is going to be... you will get to see all the Christmas trees.... I love Christmas time in WDW.....

:cop: :tigger:

imaprincess!
04-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Keep looking forward! You have everything to live for!!! 16 nights in WDW at Christmas? You are blessed! Do a plan-a-thon tomorrow. Go out to dinner and discuss what you'd like to do in December. I always say that planning is 1/2 the fun. :yay:

Marilyn Michetti
04-24-2007, 10:26 PM
I would feel just like you, if I had to go in April instead of Dec.

You're going to have SUCH a great time in seven months. It's Christmas, as only Disney can do it.:santa:

The Bookseller
04-24-2007, 11:22 PM
I have to go with the other posters here: Start planning! You will land back on a happy mood! :mickey:

Raye3201
04-25-2007, 12:14 AM
I would feel exactly the same way as you - I would agree to shorten the xmas trip and go back in April.
But in the meantime enjoy planning!:mickey:

Dsnygirl
04-25-2007, 11:10 AM
;) I can totally relate - we left for our first trip w/ our girls last year May 3, and this time last year I was so excited and crazy with planning & packing and all the stuff that goes with those last few days before you leave... I was just thinking about that the other day, and feeling a bit :( about it. We, too, wanted to take our kids back this year, but have postponed it to be able to take a longer trip at Christmas next year (okay, I confess, my DH and I are taking a long wknd to go for our anniv. in October... and that DEFINITELY helps ease the pain :blush: ) but I still feel the pangs of remembering the fun I felt this time last year!! Crazy, huh?? :)

Bringonthemouse!
04-25-2007, 11:50 AM
We went through the same thing last Sat. We, too, are going back to WDW in Dec. so we had to skip our April trip. The thing that keeps us going is continuous planning (even though we change our minds constantly, we are more "fly by the seat of our pants" kinda people). I feel your pain but I think about it this way, it would be much worse if the was NO upcoming trip to be excited about!
Have fun in Dec.!!
:santa3:

BigBaloo
04-25-2007, 12:32 PM
You'll have fun on your anniversary too! We were at WDW for our 10 year this past September at the Biergarten :beer: & the band toasted us. It was great!

Tinkerfreak
04-25-2007, 12:34 PM
We went throuth this on Halloween last year. We had gone to Disney for Halloween 3 out of the prior 4 years and really missed being there last year because we went in Dec. instead. We were so bummed out Halloween night the girls and I drove around for a few hours with our princess crowns on wishing we were at Disney. It just was not the same because for one thing we had to bundle up because it is so much colder here in Maine at that time of year. This year we are hoping to go back for Halloween. DH and I are actually leaving tomorrow morning and will be at Disney in the afternoon.
Just throw yourself into planning for your December trip and think about how beautiful it is going to be there. Plus it won't be so hot.

Magic Smiles
04-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Just throw yourself into planning for your December trip and think about how beautiful it is going to be there. Plus it won't be so hot.
It has been a long day in this house. DH must have talked to me ten times at work today, updating me on what we would have been doing at that moment had we been going to Disney today. We work in the same building and he is driving his co-workers crazy.
My DS has even had some of friends coming up to him and asking when we were going to Disney this spring. Fortunately for us we have been having nice weather up here in Ottawa, Ontario which helps a little.
For Tinkerfreak, we LOVE the hot weather and that is one of the things that DH has been complaining about having to go in Dec. He will miss the hot weather. I am looking at it as being the best of both worlds. We will get to have a new Disney experience - the Christmas Holiday experience - and then return home to celebrate Christmas with the families. I could however do without snow in Disney. We get enough of that at home.
Only 223 days left. Got to decide on our ADRs........

mrsgaribaldi
04-26-2007, 01:35 AM
Disney at Christmas time is awesome. If I could only go once and had to pick April/May or Dec I would pick December everytime. I love MVMCP. The decorations, the show at Epcot, all better than in the Spring. Plan like mad, it will be here before you know it:santa3:

Kairi_7378
04-26-2007, 08:27 AM
I'd definately try to confince your husband to spend your anniversary in Disney. Even if no one knows that it's your anniversary, it's a special trip. You can splurge and eat in all of your favorite places!