PDA

View Full Version : Webkinz [Merged Threads]

Tinkerbellaella
02-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Webkinz are a great toy for a child about 6 and up. You buy a Webkinz (a stuffed animal) at your local Hallmark and go to the webkinz website. There you create a user name, password, name your pet, and enter the secret code that came with the Webkinz. Then it is like the "Sims". You play play with your pet, dress it, feed it, create rooms, play games etc... My daughter got one in the mail today from her cousins and is already addicted to it. She wants to go out and buy more. It reminds of beanie babies just it has the virtual pet aspect to it. Will this become the next craz???

Zippy 1
02-17-2007, 01:29 AM
My daughter got one for Christmas. She is 12 and she and her friend are always playing in each others rooms online. We have actually added a second one to her collection. She will play with it for hours. Changing the rooms and buying stuff. I think it is quickly becoming a big thing in our area!

kakn7294
02-17-2007, 09:51 AM
My DD's have about 1/2 dozen between them. My older DD's best friend's grandma has a store that sells them - we've gotten a few at her cost (yea Grandma!). They come in 2 different sizes and they have a few of each. I also bought my niece the Panda for Christmas. They're really cute and cuddly and the website is great - it's easy for them to use and most importantly, it's safe. They seem a little pricey (but not outrageously expensive) compared to other stuffed toys of the same size, but the kids love them.

GreenBeetle
02-17-2007, 10:33 PM
My 9 year old daughter is crazy about Webkinz! She has about 6 of them and is online all the time with her friends. She is asking for one for Easter that I haven't been able to find yet - Sherbet Bunny? Good clean fun for the kids. :)

kjmom
02-17-2007, 10:35 PM
My DD got 5 for valentine's day! She loves them! She has 15 all together. I don't think they will be like the Beanies, you get to take the tags off and register each one. DD and her friends love them!:mickey:

Dsnygirl
02-18-2007, 01:08 AM
My DD5 and DD8 each got one for Valentine's Day - and they LOVE them!! We had 3 snow days last week, and that's all they did was learn how to use the website - it's pretty cool, even from an adult's perspective! I love the quizzing they do, esp. with the fact that it's age-oriented, and that they can earn more Kinzcash that way than with the games... although my girls do love the games best, of course!! I actually went on at work tonight and looked at their rooms, played a few games to learn about them and earn them extra Kinzcash, (:blush: )and bought my DD5 a special item for her room as a surprise tomorrow! (My DD8 said I was more than welcome to earn her some Kinzcash, but politely asked me to leave her room like it is....;) ) I think it's a great new craze!!:thumbsup:

djlebc1
03-22-2007, 07:41 AM
We are at Disney World right now and my girls found some stuffed animal crowns and bandana's that Disney is selling for $2.00 each. They are made for Disney stuffed animals of course, like pluto or marie, but we bought some and they fit the web kinz perfectly. Now the webkinz are disney princesses too. They also sell small carry bags with a castle on them for $6.00. It was the best bargain and souvenier that my girls found all week.::thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
03-22-2007, 11:28 AM
My 9 year old daughter is crazy about Webkinz! She has about 6 of them and is online all the time with her friends. She is asking for one for Easter that I haven't been able to find yet - Sherbet Bunny? Good clean fun for the kids. :)

Sherbert bunny was gone two days after it came in. (I work "occasionally" at the shop where I make dolls"). The Bunny was a limited edition, and the 35 we got in were GONE. At our store, the owner will take reservations for the one that's coming out soon.

If she's got her heart set on the bunny, try E-bay...:(

Nascfan
03-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Our cousin's boy (age 7) is into that and showed us some of the games on the computer when he was over a few weeks ago. Pretty cool stuff.

mtown71
03-23-2007, 10:37 AM
I got one for my nieces & nephew. The website is too cute! I will have to admit that I went out & bought myself one. The games are cute. It is something that I can do with my nieces & nephew. The only sad thing is, you can't find them anywhere around here. I had to buy mine off the Internet.

mamacatnv
03-23-2007, 03:34 PM
I finally found them locally - DD got her 1st one yesterday, she got the Elephant and is so excited. We got her all set up, printed out the Birth Certificate and everything. I ordered her a cow off of ebay for her bunny basket.

imaprincess!
04-24-2007, 10:10 PM
My daughter is addicted to Webkinz. I bought her one as a stocking stuffer this Christmas and when I purchased one for her Easter basket, I was surprised at the price increase in 4 months.

I do have to admit, I really like the Hungry Hog game on the Webkinz site!!!!

mtown71
04-24-2007, 11:27 PM
I will admit, I love the website too! I bought a panda bear. My fave game is Cash Cow. I also love doing the "jobs". My fave is the grill one!

disneydrmr
04-25-2007, 08:31 AM
I play on the site to pass quiet time at work.. I'm addicted to the Tiles (mahjong) game.

imaprincess!
04-27-2007, 11:56 PM
It's really crazy to watch my 3-year old daughter play on the site, too!

murphy1
04-28-2007, 08:58 AM
My three girls each have one. THey like them, I'll admit I sometimes go in and look at the games and play them, haha:) I don't know if this has happened to any of you, but my middle dd's unicorn's belly seam split open, so I had to sew it back together. That's happened with some of their Build-A-Bear's too!