PDA

View Full Version : Have you used PhotoPass?

Mickspal
04-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Can anyone give me more information about PhotoPass? Can you really share the pictures for free? Can you put them in your computer files? How did yours turn out? Thanks.

glenpreece
04-24-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't know about shairng them online etc but I did purchase some last year. I got a few stock photos of fireworks which were brilliant. Shots that are impossible to get with a normal camera and crowds. The other photos I got were some character ones. I got an Ariel pic with her autograph added right to the photo.

The other ones were characters with interesting borders. It was expensive but they were really nice photos. The extra added touches that you add are cute too.

It's also great to have just incase something happens to your camera. I had each photographer take one with my camera and with the photopass.

Go ahead it's free!!!

Here we go again...
04-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Photo pass is great. You can share the photos by sending the link to your photo pass on line to family and friends. You can not save any of the images to your computer.

At the park, when you have your first photo taken, you will be given a photo pass card. Take lots and lots of photos because there is no limit on how many they put on your card. At the end of your trip, you can stop at any of the photo locations in the parks and have them pull up your photos. You can purchase a CD for about $100. This is why you should take LOTS of photos... it does not matter if you have 10 images or 100 images, the CD costs the same amount.

You can also wait until you get home to view the images and then purchase only what you want (it is expensive though, and you can only get 5x7 or larger) or buy the CD on line.

merlinmagic4
04-25-2007, 06:46 AM
I just purchased some of the photos online and they had a special where I got 40% off the prices! So, although they are expensive (12.95 for a 5x7) if they have a special it's worth it. I wish I had taken more pictures!!!

Diznee4Me
04-25-2007, 08:06 AM
I bought the CD last yar for about $100 (I think it is $125 now). I had about 70 photos and for the most part they all turned out great.

Got home took them to a photo box and had all the 4X6's I wanted printed, some 5x7's and even a coupleof 8x10's. Everything turned out great.

The $100 plus what I spent to get them developed was cheaper than the 5x7 I had picked out to purchase online.

Great deal. The photopass card is free, the photgraphers are free and it is pretty much unlimited. (Unless the photopass cards only hold so many shot - then get another one.)

Belle's Mom
04-25-2007, 09:18 AM
I am pretty sure that I ordered wallet sized photos. I guess it was a 5x7 sheet, but it had 4 wallets on it. I did not get the cd but we only took about 10 photos using it. They were cute and really looked good with the borders and different add-ons you could use. We took our MNSSHP pic and put a halloween border on it and the castle was in the background. It was really cool.:cool:

SurferStitch
04-25-2007, 09:33 AM
:thumbsup: We love Photopass, and will do it again in December.

We had about 200 photos on our CD. The CD was a great value, even though it's now $125, it's still good. I'd say about 95% of our photos turned out great. Even when I purchased the prints a couple years ago, I scanned them and touched them up because the quality wasn't fantastic, and I'm a stickler about photos. With the CD, everything is digital, and I can adjust to my heart's content.

We were even able to get all of our pics from MVMCP on the same CD, so I didn't have to purchase a single photo from that night. :thumbsup:

McGoofy
04-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Yes, Photopass is really neat. We like to carry our photopass all over and let photographers take pictures wherever we go. (You can spot them all over the parks.) Then it is so convenient to pull the photos up on line when you get home. You don't have to decide right then and there at the parks which ones you want. (The downside to that is you do have to pay shipping and handling if you order anything.) However, you can send the link to whoever you want and show off your professional Disney photos. I think they are available for 90 days. You'll get an e-mail before they take them off line.

Let me also add this...here's how easy the Photopass is...our 8 year old son wanted to ride Test Track, and we were sitting out that time around. He got his photopass for the photo that they took on Test Track. There were no lines so he rode probably 4 times in a row and had pictures with 4 different families. Then on his way back to where we were sitting waiting on him, he got one of the photographers that was standing outside to take his photo. We were laughing our heads off when we saw what was on his photopass!! So it's so easy, even a child can do it!

alilprincessmom
04-25-2007, 09:55 AM
The photopass option is great! It is very expensive to purchase the pictures online, but most of the shots are incredible and the extras make the shots even more special! With the option to purchase a CD for $ 125, you should definately get as many shots as possible! I always give the photographer my camera as well as the photopass, they dont have a problem at all doing this for you!

MsMin
04-25-2007, 09:55 AM
If I understand the O/P you ask about putting them on your computer. You can send a link to the photos that are online to friends and family. However you can not download these pictures to your computer. Yes, if you have a Mac you could take a screen shot but the resolution is poor, you would be missing out on the quality of the actual photo. They are protected and you have to purchase them if you want a great photo. IMO it's a great program and I purchased the CD last year before leaving the park and those you can put on your computer. That is a great bargain. We took 77 pictures so it basically cost us about 80 cents a picture- I prefer to print them myself because I can crop them they way I want and print several copies. The resolution is very high so cropping some of the smaller aspects is very easy. I think it's one of the better deals that Disney offers.
I love Photo Pass.

Funcruiser56
04-25-2007, 09:59 AM
We used photopass last trip and bought the CD. We went out of our way to take a picture everytime we saw a photospot. We had about 300 pictures over a weeks time.
This is the first trip our WHOLE family is in the pictures! Usually my husband is left out because he is taking the pictures with our camera.
We are only going for 4 days this trip so we will probably not use buy the CD but we will use photopass for a couple of special photos to celebrate our 33 Wedding Anniversary.

Bev

BigRedDad
04-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Not to hijack the O/P, but are the pictures on the CD the same size (MB wise, quality) as the pictures you can purchase online?

Trixie1822
04-25-2007, 11:30 AM
another question...

I saw in photopass web site that you can customize photo with disney characters... when do that? when you buy the cd? later on line?

McGoofy
04-25-2007, 11:40 AM
another question...

I saw in photopass web site that you can customize photo with disney characters... when do that? when you buy the cd? later on line?

We didn't buy a CD. We just had the photopass. However, when we looked on line at home with the photopass, we still had the option of adding characters, dates, places, etc... We did buy one that we customized ourselves, and it turned out really nice.

kgoulash
04-25-2007, 11:49 AM
i feel stupid here but if you buy the cd do you then have to pay to get them developed? i mean is it up to you to print them either on you own pc or at a walgreens?
i like the idea of the whole family in the pics but thats alot of money!

Ian
04-25-2007, 11:54 AM
We use Photo Pass all the time and we love it. The pics they take are great and some of the special add ons you can get really make for some memorable shots.

They're horribly overpriced, but actually if you get enough taken and get the CD you do get quite a lot for your money.

The real upside is going to be when they start putting all your ride photos on there, because you figure if you bought 5 on-ride photos by themselves it would cost you $100. You can get the CD for like $99.99 plus it includes all the other shots you get around the park.

The really great thing was when we took DD to the Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique and we got all THOSE shots on the CD, as well!

Here we go again...
04-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Not to hijack the O/P, but are the pictures on the CD the same size (MB wise, quality) as the pictures you can purchase online?
Yes, they are the same quality

another question...

You can customize them online or at the shop where you look at them in Disney world. They do not give you the templates when you purchase the CD. So, it would be best to wait until you get home, add what you want, then purchase the CD.

i feel stupid here but if you buy the cd do you then have to pay to get them developed? i mean is it up to you to print them either on you own pc or at a walgreens?
i like the idea of the whole family in the pics but thats alot of money!

Yes, you have to pay the cost of printing the photos. How much it costs depends on where you go.
Remember, you are getting professional photo WITH the ever important copyright release. So, it actually is not much money at all. Usually professional photos can cost hundreds of dollars and that is only for the prints... most people will not sell you the rights to the image.

annetter
04-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Just returned home on 4/21 from a fab week at WDW. It was just DH and I, but we used Photopass where ever we could. After all, how often do we get pics of the 2 of us together?

The nice thing is, the photographers are great about also taking a pic on your own camera and they turn out great.

Since it was just the 2 of us, I will not purchase the CD for $125, but will pick a couple of the best prints and buy them.

The next time we go with extended family, the CD wil be a great bargain when divided up between 3 familys. Besides, you can add the card numbers from multiple cards to all be included in one account.

I love that they are now integrating Photopass in with the ride photos. At Test Track all we had to do was insert our card under the monitor with our photo! Brilliant! No longer have to take the time there to decide on a photo and wait for it.

It is also cool that the photographers can be found in different locations each day. Photopass is one of the best perks WDW has come up with.

Kind regards to all -
Annette

SurferStitch
04-25-2007, 12:22 PM
another question...

When I ordered the CD online, I tried to include photos that I added characters or borders to, but it stated that those would not be included on the CD...only the original raw images.

Does anyone know if that has changed?

BigRedDad
04-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Great post and great answers. I thank the people who have responded. I never knew this existed. This makes for all of those memorable pictures even better. It does not eliminate the need for a camera, but it does limit how often you need to use your camera.

Pixie Power
04-25-2007, 12:55 PM
I ordered my PhotoPass CD last night and it had all the original photos plus the additional ones that I edited to add character siggies, etc. So I'm getting like 47 more pictures than were originally taken b/c of the edited ones being added. When I placed the order I didn't get told that the edited ones would NOT be included. I waited in purchasing the CD b/c many a CM told me about getting the extra pictures w/ autographs, etc. on-line vs. buying it @ the parks w/o these added pics.

HTHs!:thumbsup:

wendy*darling
04-26-2007, 08:24 AM
I love that they are now integrating Photopass in with the ride photos. At Test Track all we had to do was insert our card under the monitor with our photo! Brilliant! No longer have to take the time there to decide on a photo and wait for it.
I have been waiting for this! I am taking a group of 50 Boy Scouts and chaperones in 58 days and this would be fabulous! We are already planning to utilize PhotoPass as much as possible. Getting the ride photos too would be icing on the cake. :thumbsup:

Was Test Track the only ride where this is working right now?

SurferStitch
04-26-2007, 09:19 AM
I ordered my PhotoPass CD last night and it had all the original photos plus the additional ones that I edited to add character siggies, etc. So I'm getting like 47 more pictures than were originally taken b/c of the edited ones being added. When I placed the order I didn't get told that the edited ones would NOT be included. I waited in purchasing the CD b/c many a CM told me about getting the extra pictures w/ autographs, etc. on-line vs. buying it @ the parks w/o these added pics.

HTHs!:thumbsup:

That's great! Thanks for the info. That makes the $25 increase in price so worth it! I could have gotten a lot more pics on my CD. I'll definitely add the modified pics to this year's CD. :thumbsup:

Yeah, they definitely made it clear online when I ordered my CD in January that edited pictures were not included, so there was no way to miss it. I'm so glad they changed it.

Here we go again...
04-26-2007, 01:46 PM
I have been waiting for this! I am taking a group of 50 Boy Scouts and chaperones in 58 days and this would be fabulous! We are already planning to utilize PhotoPass as much as possible. Getting the ride photos too would be icing on the cake. :thumbsup:

Was Test Track the only ride where this is working right now?

Yes, Test Track is the only ride that does this... the sad thing is that they are talking about taking it out. They have had too many problems with the system.

When you go with the Boy Scouts, let them all get a Photo Pass card, but bring them all when you get the CD made. You will only be charged for 1 CD charge. And, you can make copies of the CD and home! Since Disney releases the copyright to you, you are allowed to make as many copies as you need!