PDA

View Full Version : Disney Photo Pass question?

butterfly18237
04-24-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't know if this is where I should ask this question, so if you need to do move it go ahead.

I was just wondering about the disney photopass, Is it worth it? and can the ride pictures be put on it?

Thanks for everyone being so helpful. :thumbsup:

AuntDJ
04-24-2007, 09:37 PM
I think you will get alot of different answers on this particular question...

I think this is a great feature! We get it when we first arrive and hand to every available photopass photographer. If you have a large party and you split up, then get more than one card, at the end you can combine them.

The photographers will use your camera if you want and you can get the same picture as on the photo pass, but I like the option of not having to hand my camera over all the time.

This last trip we were a party of 8 and we got some great pics! I usually get the CD, the price went up this last trip (it was about 115.00), but split betweeen the 3 families in our party and considering we had about 200 pics, it was not a bad deal.

Also, this is the only way to get some of the "trick"pics they take. For example,they will put Tinkerbell in your hands in front of the castle. Currently, the only ride pic available to put on the pass is Test Track.

I say go for the photo pass!

DJ

CleveRocks
04-24-2007, 11:02 PM
As far as your question "Is it worth it?" Well, you'll be able to answer that for yourself. You don't pay a penny unless you decide to buy prints or buy the CD. So if you decide you don't like any of the pics, it didn't cost you a dime.

battle beast
04-25-2007, 12:14 AM
I got Three pics, in prints; they took about 12 pics of Chip and Dale and Donald Duck, so I got to choose which ever ones I wanted into prints. Then you can add details galore. Sigs, crop, etc. It is well worth it because it doesn't cost a dime if you dislike the pics! The CD was $99.00 Last October, it's a shame the price went up.

BashfulMom
04-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Could someone explain the PhotoPass process? Where do you go to initally purchase this? Do the photographers just walk around or are they at stragetic locations in each of the parks?

Please help.

We are going down in July with a group of 8 and I thought this might be a nice idea thing for us to do (and then I won't have to lug my camera around).

kakn7294
04-25-2007, 12:17 PM
The photopass photographers are located in various places throughout the parks, usually near the main park icons and sometimes with the characters. The first photographer to take your picture will give you a card that stores your photo information. Anytime you have a picture taken by one of these photographers, give him/her your card and they will add the new picture information to it. You can have more than 1 card. The only ride photo that could be added as of Dec was Test Track but I hear they are working on changing this. Online, you can load the numbers from the card into your account and your pictures are available for cropping and editing with things like borders and signatures. Sometimes little surprises will show up in your pictures - added in by the photographer. You can choose to purchase individual pictures, purchase the CD with all of your pictures, or make a photo memory book or you can choose to do nothing and you don't pay anything at all! BTW, most photopass photographers will also take a picture with your personal camera. The photographers are not available everywhere so it might still be a good idea to take your own camera depending on how much you like to take pictures.