PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa

Mnchknbrat1982
04-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Maybe someone can explain this to me. I've heard that if you use your disney card in the world and at downtown disney that you save a percentage off. Is this true? If so can someone explain to me what the percentage is as I have a disney visa.

LoriMistress
04-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Go to http://disneyvisa.com/rewards and they can assist you on how you can use your Visa card to get perks and discounts.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-24-2007, 10:02 PM
If I can remember correctly the only store in DTD that had a discount was World of Disney. The percentage was 20% with a $25 or more purchase. The store is huge and you can find mostly anything you want. 20% sure adds up when you purchase all your souveniers there!:mickey:

Don't forget too that Epcot offers card holders a private meet and greet with a free photo at the Innovations building. You have to make an appointment and the times are limited so make sure you make the reservations one your fist day.

DDuck66
04-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Yoy do not have to even to use the card to make your purchases..all you have to do is show them the Disney Visa when they ring you up. I always have a set amount put aside that I can spend or else I would not be able to keep going back as often as we do. Of course, you do not get any extra points if you do not use the card.

Terk24
04-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Just a clarification...you do not need an appointment for the meet n greet pictur at EPCOT. Just like any other attraction...you wait in line. It is a limited time frame each day. 1:30 - 4:00 I beleive.

mmouse566
04-26-2007, 12:25 PM
One additional thing about the Visa - it is good to keep up with the promotions they send. You can rack up points quickly that way, especially if it was something you were planning on purchasing anyway. For example, we have a large ticket item coming up we want to purchase but we held off to take advantacge of the current promotion of doubling or tripling your points if you go over a certain dollar amount. Those reward points come in handy when paying for rooms or any other Disney item.

mickey98
04-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Don't forget too that Epcot offers card holders a private meet and greet with a free photo at the Innovations building. You have to make an appointment and the times are limited so make sure you make the reservations one your fist day.

No reservations.. Meet and Greet is daily from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. first come first serve.. line usually moves fast.. we have waited an average of 20-25 minutes each time.

vizsla
04-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Here are the current offers for Disney Visa Cardmembers being offered:

Character Meet 'N' Greet
· Exclusive Character Meet 'N' Greet Event offered daily between 1:30 PM and 4:30 PM at Innoventions West at Epcot®.
· Must present a valid Disney Rewards Visa Card for admission (limited to 6 people per card).
· Each Cardmember group will receive one complimentary 5x7 group photo with Disney characters; additional photos will be available for purchase.
· Separate theme park admission required.
· Operating times, days of week, and appearance of Characters may vary. See Guest Relations for more information.
10% merchandise discount on select transactions of $25 or more
· Discount is available at the World of Disney® store in the Downtown Disney® Marketplace at Walt DisneyWorld® Resort when you mention this offer.
· A $25 minimum pre-tax single transaction purchase is required to receive discount.
Discount is not valid on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Gift Cards, videos, DVDs, Disney Dollars, sundries, periodicals, film, Lladro, Armani, Hummel, Swarovski Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, other collectibles and select merchandise.
20% off the non-discounted price on select tours
Receive 20% off the non-discounted price when you present your valid Disney Rewards Visa Card at time of purchase of the following tours:

Magic Kingdom® Park
· Disney's Family Magic Tour
· Disney's Keys to the Kingdom Tour
· Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour
· Mickey's Magical Milestones Tour
Epcot®
· Disney's Yuletide Fantasy
· Gardens of the World
· Hidden Treasures of World Showcase
· Simply Segway Experience
· The UnDISCOVERed Future World
· Disney's Dolphins in Depth
· Epcot® DiveQuest
· Epcot® Seas Aqua Tours
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
· Wild by Design
· Backstage Safari
Disney-MGM Studios, Epcot® and Magic Kingdom® Park
· Backstage Magic tour begins at Epcot® and makes stops backstage at Disney-MGM Studios and Magic Kingdom® Park.
· In addition, a 15% discount off the non-discounted price is offered on the Around the World of Epcot® and Behind the Seeds — Epcot® tours.
Discount is not available on the following tours: VIP tours, programs exclusive to groups (Disney by Design, Innovations in Action; Inspiration: Through Walt's Eyes), group team-building programs (Making The News, Pluto's Pursuit, RadioActivity).

Most tours require separate theme park admission. Tours can be booked for up to 10 total guests. Cardmember must participate in the tour. Some tours have age and other restrictions. May not be combined with any other discounts, offers or promotions. Subject to availability. Offer is subject to change without notice and may be subject to additional terms and conditions.

BronxTigger
04-26-2007, 07:09 PM
One additional thing about the Visa - it is good to keep up with the promotions they send. You can rack up points quickly that way, especially if it was something you were planning on purchasing anyway. For example, we have a large ticket item coming up we want to purchase but we held off to take advantacge of the current promotion of doubling or tripling your points if you go over a certain dollar amount. Those reward points come in handy when paying for rooms or any other Disney item.

What are these double points you speak of?

mmouse566
04-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Currently there is a promo that if you spend some dollar figure over $2300 I believe that you will earn double or triple points on your gas and grocery items. I'm sorry. I know that is vague but I put everything on the card so I always hit over whatever that minimum is so I didn't pay that much attention. They had a promo if you bought and activated the Disney mobile service you would earn 5x the amount of your mobile purchase. And every couple of months they will have a promo like this. Check out the website. Also, if you are a card member they send all these to you in the mail.