PDA

View Full Version : stroller rentals and storage

kimyi
04-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

just wanted to know if the rental strollers have a basket on the bottom for storage. If so, is it big enough for a backpack?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Kim

kakn7294
04-24-2007, 07:09 PM
The only storage on the rentals is a mesh bag that hangs from the back - it doesn't hold a lot and it will not hold a backpack. You might be able to fit the backpack in the seat with a small child. Some people rent a double for the purposes of carrying around both a child and their stuff.

alilprincessmom
04-24-2007, 07:21 PM
As was previously stated, there is no storage to speak of on the rental strollers, however, you could hang the backpack on the handle of the stroller. Or as suggested (something I have done), rent a double stroller to have the extra storage space!

DisneyMom12
04-24-2007, 07:40 PM
I rent the double and use the other seat for storage.

biodtl
04-26-2007, 08:28 PM
I took my own stroller last time and I am glad I did. It was sometimes an inconvenience on the buses, but it saved money. And it was great to have the storage, the shade cover and the reclining option. Plus it was always easy to find.

CM~Mserrano
04-26-2007, 08:36 PM
One word or warning, if you're going to hang the backpack on the back of the stroller, make sure you take the backpack off the stroller before your child gets out. I've seen way too many stroller go tumbling over when the child gets out, sometimes hurting them if they have one foot out one foot in. Also, some of the stuff you have in your backpack could get damaged when it falls.

kadesha
04-26-2007, 09:02 PM
the mesh bag, in my opinion, holds a lot. We were able to put our backpack in our locker because we could fit everything we needed in the mesh bag. We did have a cooler bag with us, and we just put it on top of the canopy. It was never a problem.

tyandskyesmom
04-27-2007, 10:33 AM
At all of the parks except MGM the shade cover is sturdy enough to hold your backback, etc...

nqi2
04-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Does anyone have a picture of what they look like? That way I can plan. We are taking a 5 yr old set of twins and my almost 3 yr old. I know that they will want to walk some and ride some once they get tired. We are planning on getting a double stroller that way they could switch off. Also at the end of the night we wondered about if all 3 would fit....they are smaller children. Thanks.:confused:

magicofdisney
04-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Does anyone have a picture of what they look like? That way I can plan. We are taking a 5 yr old set of twins and my almost 3 yr old. I know that they will want to walk some and ride some once they get tired. We are planning on getting a double stroller that way they could switch off. Also at the end of the night we wondered about if all 3 would fit....they are smaller children. Thanks.:confused:
It's been a while since I used a double, so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there's a slight bump between the seats to separate them. This will most likely not allow 3 in a row comfortably, but occasionally we'd have a third child sit in the foot rest area, just for short treks. :mickey:

biodtl
04-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Yes - they have a sort of "bucket seat" thing going on.

kadesha
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM
It's been a while since I used a double, so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there's a slight bump between the seats to separate them. This will most likely not allow 3 in a row comfortably, but occasionally we'd have a third child sit in the foot rest area, just for short treks. :mickey:

there is not a bump seperating seats. i have a picture, hang on i'll get it.

ETA: Here is a picture. http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/KadeshaM/a.jpg

My cooler bag is up on the canopy in the photo too! lol!

And here is a pic of what happens when kids fall asleep in the stroller during the fireworks! lol! http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/KadeshaM/a-7.jpg

kimyi
04-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Kadesha... Thanks so much for the pics! Your kids are too cute! :-)

I also have stroller clips that I'm bringing along as well and hope they work.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm ready to go!!!!

Kim

nqi2
04-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks a Million for the Pictures. Look like if they get too tired we will have one being carried. Are all the parks stroller designed the same?:thumbsup:

tyandskyesmom
04-27-2007, 08:18 PM
They are all the same except MGM. Theirs are a little more like 2 umbrella strollers stuck together. The others would fit 2 kids easily in a double and 3 if one sat in the foot area...Ty even prefers to sit there.