PDA

View Full Version : Renew Passes?

tink88
04-24-2007, 06:14 PM
We have been Passholders for many years now but we expired and I'm debating on whether or not to renew, so I could use some great Intercotee advice! The reason for the debate is it seems to me, if I remember correctly, that as passholders we used to get a lot of perks especially great room discounts. In recent years the prices seem to be the same as residents which we are so I can get them without passes. Also, it seems that there are fabulous packages out there that include a lot for a lot less than we spend for a shorter trip - not even including the original purchase price of our passes. So what do you all think? Any Passholders thinking the same - that it just isn't the best deal anymore to have the passes? Or am I not getting the whole package picture? Thanks:mickey:

DizneyRox
04-24-2007, 07:13 PM
More recently, the "perks" for being a passholder have dwindled.

We used to get AP and renew regardless, lately we have been getting them every other year and just planning trips accordingly.

Being a DVC Member, we get a significant discount on APs so it's still tough to pass on them, BUT if I were a normal Joe Shmoe guest, I would see little benefit in getting an AP.

The room discounts aren't what they used to be, you are right. The dining discount are mostly for places I care little about.

So, other than the admission, I see very little benefit in actually getting one. I would base your decision merely on park admission days. Remember, Fl resident passes have some significant blackout days. If park attendences stays like this, I would guess you won't see them lifting those restrictions as they have in the past.

alilprincessmom
04-24-2007, 07:53 PM
We have also been passholders for a number of years, and now that we are moving out of state, we are not going to renew. Firstly, because we won't be going nearly as much, and secondly, the benefits just aren't as good as they used to be. Those are my opinions! Hope that helps you in making your decisions!