PDA

View Full Version : travel time from WL to Grand Floridian+Poly

Nicki'sMom
04-24-2007, 06:02 PM
We are staying at WL for the first time and I have made ADR's for Ohana and 1900 Park Fare and I was hoping someone could tell me about the commute between these two resorts. Thanks

tink88
04-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Very quick drive over - five minutes or so. By the way WL is fabulous! Have fun :mickey:

Nicki'sMom
04-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks Tink88. What if I take the boat to magic kingdom and then the Monorail to GF or POLY?

Chic-a-pin
04-24-2007, 08:45 PM
If I were you I'd take the boat to the Contemporary, then monorail to Poly. Probably about 15 minutes...or if you have a car, the Poly is just a straight shot down the road from WL. :mickey:

wdw_bound
04-24-2007, 10:10 PM
I agree with a boat to CR and then hop the monorail instead of the boat to MK. However, I'd allow a good 40 minutes based on our experience last fall. We had a 6 pm ADR at Chef Mickey, made it down to the dock at WL by 5:40 - must have just missed the boat. By the time the next boat came, took us to CR and we walked from the CR dock up to the tower and to the 4th floor, it was about 6:10. While the monorail comes fairly frequently, it will still take you several minutes to disembark and walk to the restaurant.

Don't get me wrong - the boat/monorail option is a great way to go, esp. for Park Faire (parking is a nightmare at GF). Just allow enough time for a leisurely stroll to the restaurant, or better yet, consider allowing plenty of time to explore the resort a little before eating.

BigBaloo
04-25-2007, 12:58 PM
We've also taken bus to TTC & then walk to Poly .

Nicki'sMom
04-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I didn't realize there was a direct boat to the contemporary from WL. That is great info....this is why I love this website! Thank you people:thumbsup: