PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get to Poly?

cjb121879
04-24-2007, 04:48 PM
We're going to WDW from June 14th-21st. We're staying off-site, but on our arrival night, we have reservations at 9:35pm for 'Ohana.

Is it fairly easy to get to the Poly by car? Would I be able to find signs directing us there once we reached the WDW resort area? How would we even be able to get into the Poly parking lot? Would it be better to park the car in the lot for MK and Epcot and take the monorail (Is this even possible without entering the park? If so, how?)? This is what I would like to do, but I don't think it would be worth it when factoring in the cost to park. Any information you guys could give me would be much appreciated. We don't often stay on site, so some of the nuances of Disney transportation are lost on me:blush:

One last question, since Wishes is running at 10:00pm, woudl there be a good chance of seeing it from the restaurant?

robhink
04-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Its pretty easy to get to the Polynesian Resort and the parking area, you would stay towards the far right at the Magic Kingdom Parking Booth Area, tell the attendant there that you are going to the Polynesian for Dinner and they should let you pass. Then you follow the road to the right away from the road to the MK parking lots and then make a left at the second light. You will then pass by the TTC and get to the entrance to the Polynesian. At the Guard shack for the Polynesian tell them that you have a dinner PS and they should have that information on a clipboard and give you a three hour parking pass for your dinner, they should also be able to direct you towards the self parking, it's located across from the entrance.

wendy*darling
04-24-2007, 05:12 PM
The above is correct. Just remember that the Poly is a Magic Kingdom Resort- so follow the signs for that.
And the guard at the entrance will give you a 3 hour pass once you tell them you have dinner ADRs.

If you are seated near the window, you will have a nice view of the fireworks. Not all tables have a view. So ask when you check in at the podium, and offer to wait. I would try to get there at least 20 minutes before your ADR time also.

And my suggestion, if you want to ride the monorail, would be to do that after dinner.
The station is on the same level (upper) as 'Ohana. After dinner you can go out and do a round trip on the Resort Monorail. You'll end up right back at the Poly and be able to drive back to your resort.

Piglet822
04-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Once you pass through the MK tollbooth there is only one traffic light. The 2nd light will take you into the MK bus loop :nono:
Turn left at the 1st light, go past the kennel over a speed hump (maybe two, I can't remember) and you'll see the Polynesian entrance on the right. Have your photo ID ready to show the guard and tell him/her you're there for dinner.
Wishes can be viewed from the restaurant, it can also be viewed from the beach area behind the Poly.