PDA

View Full Version : WDW after Christmas

maizey05
04-24-2007, 04:10 PM
I know WDW is packed during the Christmas season. Just wondering if it is still packed right after Christmas. I've been thinking about planning a trip for either right after Christmas, or New Year's. How long do they leave the festive decor up? Also, my son will be almost 1 then. Is it crazy to think of a Disney vacation with him? We're fanatics, so this would be one of his many trips there. Thanks!:mickey:

Strmchsr
04-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Between about Dec 23/24-Jan 1 is the craziest time of the year. After Jan 1 the park starts to thin out a good bit and crowds are pretty low after the marathon (which is the first weekend in Jan). Do I think you're crazy for taking an almost 1 year old to WDW? No, but I do think it would be ill advised to do so during a high crowd time simply because his immune system would be overloaded and not prepared for being around the germs of that many people. As much as it aggravates me, people still go to WDW sick, and take sick kids, so exposing an infant to that is not a good idea, especially during peak flu season. Once the crowds thin, however, not such a big deal.

The lights start coming down after New Year's, but the vast majority of stuff is up for a week to 10 days. Osborne Lights generally continues to around Jan 7-8.

magicman
04-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Although it's packed between Christmas & New Years, a great time to go is between the Thanksgiving & Christmas Holidays.

We went from Dec 1 - Dec 7 & the crowds were small, the holiday atmosphere was high, we got value rates, & we loved MVMCP.

big blue and hairy
04-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Early December, even up to the third week is really nice and as festive as humaly possible. I've never been the week of Christmas, but I can tell you the week after Christmas is insane! I will never go that week again.

:sulley: