PDA

View Full Version : Are you still allowed...

IceCreamlover
04-24-2007, 02:06 PM
to order anything off the menu with the DDP? Last year we had DDP for free; this year we may buy it, but it won't be worth it to us if certain ordering policies have changed. For instance, my boys plan on ordering the surf & turf at Narcoossee's. Can they still do that on DDP?

Strmchsr
04-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Most everything with the exception of alcoholic drinks and some appetizers is still allowed. I haven't tried the specific issue you asked about, but the best thing to do is just ask your server when you arrive. The DDP is still pretty comprehensive.

krose78
04-24-2007, 03:38 PM
I think it depends on how old your boys are because I believe under 9 have to order from the Kids menu.

DizneyRox
04-24-2007, 04:54 PM
They are currently enforcing:

i. Kids must order off the kid menu if a kids menu exists.
ii. Adults cannot use child credits
iii. You can only spend a total of credits corresponding to the people on your reservation. If your reservation contains 2 adults and 2 children, you can order 2 adult meals and 2 child meals per seating.

Many people have reported significant changes to the menus at certain locations. The meals you had last time may no longer be offered.

wendy*darling
04-24-2007, 05:03 PM
One final clarification: a child is anyone between the ages of 3 & 9.
The charge for the DDP for children is significantly lower, so they are limited to the children's menus.

Under 3 are free- no need to purchase the DDP, but they may share your food and eat from buffets.
10 and up pays the adult prices and can order from the adult menu.

DizneyRox
04-24-2007, 07:32 PM
One final clarification: a child is anyone between the ages of 3 & 9.
The charge for the DDP for children is significantly lower, so they are limited to the children's menus.

Under 3 are free- no need to purchase the DDP, but they may share your food and eat from buffets.
10 and up pays the adult prices and can order from the adult menu.
Correct, I assumed that was known. The DDP is charged according to the tickets attached to the room with the package. If you have two children tickets on the reservation, then you'll get two child DDP credits. If there are 4 adult tickets on the room, you'll get 4 sets of Adult DDP credits.

Of course the cost of the tickets and DDP is figured accordingly as well.